Chapter 2

Memories of Yesteryear

"You seemed distracted.."

A voice said that made Baekhyun tear his gaze off the window as he turned his head to the side. He saw his friend Kai standing beside his desk with one of his arm rested on the opposite table.

"Me?" Baekhyun asked with a deep voice. It's the first time he spoke in the day, he never really is the type of person who would talk nonsense just to have everyone's attention. 

"Yeah, you've been looking outside of the window since you have been here. Tell me, is it about that certain girl again?" Kai asked with his voice full of concern. 

He knew Baekhyun for a long time now. They have been friends since forever and they never really kept anything hidden between the two of them.

Also, Kai is the only person that can see the other side of Baekhyun.

The happy one. 

"Ah.. Guess I can't say no then" Baekhyun muttered before resting his back on the chair. He let out a desolated sigh, he's getting frustrated of himself again. 

"Can't you just approach her? I mean hey you've been watching her for two months now.." Kai said trying to encourage his atrocious friend. 

He wanted to help him, he wanted to see the bubbly side of his friend. It's been a long time since he last saw him show a smile wholeheartedly. 

"She'll freak out and I'm sure of that.." Baekhyun said as he did repetitive pen taps. Hoping Kai would not ask him any further anymore. 

"You're just afraid of her.." Kai playfully teased but Baekhyun kept a serious face on. Kai just frowned seeing his friend be like that, building walls around him. 

"I'm not.." Baekhyun said before getting his bag and slinging it on his back. Tapping Kai's shoulder, he walked out of the classroom quietly. 

He made his way to the outside the school and unlatched the lock on his bike. He just shook his head, why did he even bother to keep it safe when he knows that no one will dare to steal an old rusty bike. Right?

Baekhyun pedaled out of the school. Not forgetting to stop infront of the art school but then panicked when he saw a certain girl walking her way out of the school gates.

Just infront of him. 

He felt glued there. As he saw her smile to someone probably her friend by the looks of it.

Their eyes met in a split second before he decided to leave immediately. Feeling his heart beating uncontrollably, he biked as fast as he can, feeling the cold wind hit his face . Slowly, his heartbeat went back to normal.

It's funny how the girl can do that to him. He too wondered why but then her eyes are beautiful and there's something in that, that he wanted to see. 

He halted to a stop when he reached their house. He can never really call it a home, because his heart wasn't there. 

His peace wasn't there. His freedom wasn't there. His happiness wasn't there. 

He slowly and stealthily entered the big wooden doors. Only to be greeted by the same old silence he always met back when he was young. 

He's used to it already, but the silence kept prodding a pain on his heart. He wondered why he ended up with such a family where warmth and love never really exist. 

He looked around and saw a yellow piece of paper placed on the table. He heaved out a sigh as he crumpled it, knowing that it would be the same message over and over again. 

His mom saying that he should take care of himself. 

Silence is his company and loneliness is his friend.

Pathetic. That's what he think of himself. 

He made his way to the room and looked around. Letting his body fell on the bed, he stared at the plain ceiling.

Closing his eyes letting sleep take over him.

Another day had gone and passed by. Another morning had come and there he was again, looking at the beautiful girl who walked down the street with her famous warm smile that can melt everyone's heart. 

Even his cold and walled heart. 

Seeing her disappear again, Baekhyun nodded contended that he saw her. He made his way to the school and saw his friend Kai waiting for him.

"What are you doing here?" Baekhyun questioned. It wasn't his first time seeing his friend wait for him but he admit it, he's used on being alone. 

"Is it wrong for me to wait for my best buddy?" Kai asked as he hang his arm around Baekhyun's shoulder making his friend shake his head. 

"Alright. You win.." Baekhyun said and they entered the school field. Where their hands on classes takes place, Baekhyun observed  the vast field when he felt being nudged. 

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked and Kai smiled at him. "Tell me, you watched her go to school again right?" Kai asked and Baekhyun forcefully nodded. 

There's no way he can lie. Kai knows him so well. 

"So? You approached her?" Kai asked again making Baekhyun look at him with a serious face. "No.." He answered shortly making Kai frustrated.

"Why?" Kai asked and Baekhyun let out a troubled sigh. Feeling disappointed of his cowardice act too, he just closed his eyes before blaming himself mentally. 

"I don't know myself too.." Baekhyun answered and Kai patted his friend's back. A thing he would always do to light Baekhyun's mood. 

He knows how Baekhyun would just stare at that girl, he knows how Baekhyun would wake up early in the morning just to see her face.

He's thankful to her though. Because she can light his friend up. 

"Don't worry, I won't force you to talk to her.." Kai said and Baekhyun nodded before lightly pinching the bridge of his nose. A thing he would do whenever he felt frustrated. 

"It's fine.." Baekhyun said. He himself knows that he can't just stay like that forever, watching that girl everyday. He knows he have to make a move too. 

He's confused. But then he feels unfathomable feelings for her. 

He have to make himself sure. 

"Kai.. Help me know her.." 

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: There are readers that answered my question last time. About the cameo pairing. 

Sehun and Krystal

Sehun and Taeyeon 

Kyungsoo and Taeyeon 

Those are the answers I saw and since I don't want to disappoint the readers who requested it. I'll make a scene for each of the pairing. 

Except for Sehun and Krystal since they're the official cameo pairing. 

So yeah. I hope my decision's okay for you..

Thanks for reading!