Chapter 22

Memories of Yesteryear

She stared at the teared paper that was placed on the table just before her. She even wanted to get it back to what it looks before but she knows she can't do about it anymore. 

Baekhyun's portrait is making her guiltier as each minute passes. Just by staring at his face that was drawn on the paper makes her feels bad. 

She knows that right now his heart can be compared to the teared paper in front of her.

Broken. Teared up. 

And it's all because her fault, all because of her messed up feelings. She doesn't want to hurt him but she doesn't want to give him a false hope and she'll end up taking her words back.

That's much more worse..

As for Baekhyun, he kept a distance from her. He didn't dare to show up in front of her anymore and he's willing to give her all the time that she needs. 

Even if it takes forever. 

He's hurt, he's broken but he knows that in the end no matter what Taeyeon's decision is he'll take it lightly, he can't deny that it won't hurt but that's what his life is right?

Full of pain and sorrow.

Kai and Yoona had both as each parties to have some day out but both refused. One was still confused and the other just wanted to give space and time. 

It was hard for the couple too. Kai had been seeing Baekhyun back to his old self and it's much more worse, he have to admit. 

Yoona on the other hand doesn't like how her friend acted like nothing happened. She goes back to her old self, she smile, she laughs.

But Yoona knows that deep inside Taeyeon, she's troubled too. It's just that Taeyeon is so good at hiding her feelings while Baekhyun can't.

Their friendship had become a blurr too. Baekhyun and Taeyeon never talked to each other and a week already passed but none of them have the gusto say or do anything. 

"Taeyeon can we talk before you leave for school?"

She  heard her brother asked and Taeyeon raised her head up before giving her a nod. Jiwoong entered Taeyeon's room and sat on her bed.

His caring eyes bore into her sister's. Taeyeon felt confused, her brother seemed to have some kind of a problem now she's starting to worry about him.

"What is it? Is there something wrong?" Taeyeon asked as her brother sighed before shaking his head. Taeyeon knitted her eyebrows in confusion.

"I need to tell you this.."

It's now or never..

"Baekhyun.. you're spacing out again" 

Baekhyun heard Kai asked. He just gave his friend a glance before looking out of the window again, followed by a heavy sigh. 

"Baekhyun.. can you do a favor for me for the last time?" Kai asked making Baekhyun turn his gaze to him. He motioned him to go on as he gave him a nod. 

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked nonchalantly. It's not that he doesn't care but he's just too broken to think or do anything. 

"Can you go with me to the art school? For the last time then after that I won't force you to come with me there anymore" Kai said or more like pleaded. 

But seeing the blank look on his friend's face made him frown in disappointment. 

"Alright.. just for the last time" 

It won't hurt right? Maybe a week's enough for them to finally talk to each other again. 

"Really?" Kai asked in disbelief but his voice shows a hint of excitement. 

"Yeah.. I want to clear things up too" Baekhyun said and Kai smiled. It's good to see that Baekhyun was still sane, he's happy that Baekhyun didn't give up. 

The class ended quickly and Kai was excitedly dragging his friend at the entrance of the school. Baekhyun saw that Yoona is approaching them so he decided to leave the couple. 

His feet led him to the to the greenhouse again. He made his way to the back as he saw that familiar figure crouching infront of the plants. 

"Taeyeon.." 

Baekhyun called. She turned and stood up, she's surprised to see him standing infront of her. 

"What are you doing here?" She asked with her unusual cold voice.

Baekhyun flinched. 

"V-Visit you.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon gave him a sigh as an answer and with that he immediately knew that she doesn't like his presence there.

 "You don't have to visit me anymore.." Taeyeon said as she  the courage to look right on his eyes.

"W-Why?" 

"Because I don't want to be your friend anymore.. leave me alone" 

_______________________________________________________________

AN: so I just came home from a five hour intense volleyball training so forgive this update. I feel cranky after the training so yeah.. i'm tired and my body's not really cooperating ><

By the way.. cry baekyeon heart cry..