Chapter 10

Memories of Yesteryear

"Because I never really believe in love.." 

Those were the words that he never expected to come out of . Is it really the end of his chance on winning her heart? He felt bewildered. 

He felt hopeless. Why? Why on the world full of people he fell for a girl who closed her door to something great? To something worth considering important? Why did she choose to shut herself out from love?

"Why?" Baekhyun asked as he tried hard not to show sadness in his voice.but failed when it cracked. Why is his heart so stubborn that it kept calling her name?

Why can't he just fall for anyone else and not her?

He's not like this before. He never felt love before. 

Why now?

"I just felt like it's not real.." Taeyeon simply said oblivious to the fact that she just crushed someone's hope. 

Someone's happiness. 

"Did you.. Did you get hurt because of it?" Baekhyun pried further. Call him a masochist but he needs to know right? He needs to know why she shut her door. 

"No.. I just don't believe" Taeyeon said but then it took long enough for her to hear his voice so she turned back only to see him staring blankly. 

"Did I say.. did I say something wrong?" Taeyeon asked worriedly when she saw him having a troubled look on his face. 

She doesn't want to give him a bad expression, not when they just started on being friends. She can't afford to have someone who will despise her again. 

"No.. honestly I can't blame you if you don't believe in love but it suddenly just happens right? You won't know until you, yourself falls in love" Baekhyun said more like trying to convince himself. 

It happened before. It happened to Kai when he met Yoona so nothing is impossible right? He can try to win her too right?

"You're.. You're right" Taeyeon said admitting that Baekhyun has a point. She won't know until she herself finally falls in love.

"So don't shut yourself from love.. it can be the greatest thing that can happen to you" Baekhyun said dropping subtle hints to her. 

He's thinking that if he gets her, she'll probably that best thing that can ever happen to him. 

In his entire life. 

"Alright. But please try to understand me too.." Taeyeon asked more like pleaded. She wanted to keep him as her friend for as long as she can, she doesn't know why but she felt like he's one of the nicest people she ever met. 

"Alright.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon gave him a thankful smile. What's important is that he said to try to understand her. 

"Excuse me first.. Can you.. wait for me? I have some errand to do" Taeyeon shyly said and Baekhyun chuckled seeing how shy she is to him. 

"Alright.. I'll wait" He said and Taeyeon dashed of quickly not wanting to make him wait for her. As Taeyeon passed by at the school's hallways she greeted her teachers with a bright smile. 

She's always like that so she wondered why some people disliked her. 

"Taeyeon!" 

"Why?" Taeyeon asked when she saw Yoona approaching her. She glanced at Yoona's back seeing that her 'boyfriend' wasn't there. 

"Who are you looking for?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon gave her a sheepish smile. "Where's your boyfriend?" Taeyeon teased making Yoona's cheeks go red. 

"He's waiting outside.." Yoona said and Taeyeon gave her a sly smile. "Oh.. I see" Taeyeon said trying to friend more and Yoona lightly hit Taeyeon's arm. 

"What about you? Where's your partner?" Yoona teased back not forgetting to clearly mention the word partner. 

"I..uhh.. he's outside waiting for me too" Taeyeon quickly said and Yoona laughed seeing her friend's priceless expression. 

"I see.. you two are getting along pretty well" Yoona teased more and Taeyeon playfully glared at her. "You know me Yoona.." Taeyeon said with a serious voice and Yoona chuckled before walking pass her. 

"I may know you too well but people change.." Yoona said and Taeyeon ly to see Yoona giving her a happy expression. 

She even winked at her before walking away. 

Confused. Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulder oblivious to the fact that Yoona was giving her hints about something. 

"Sorry for taking too long the teachers asked too much work from me.." Taeyeon said when she saw Baekhyun still waiting for her after all the time.

"It's okay.." Baekhyun said as he stand up and approached her with a smile on his face. 

"Why didn't you go home first? All the students are gone you should not have waited for me" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun scratched his nape. 

"It's okay.. I don't really want to go home anyways" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded before glancing at her wristwatch. 

"I have to go first.." Taeyeon said apologetically and Baekhyun nodded. He felt that his day's going to end soon, when Taeyeon leaves.

He suddenly felt lonely again. He loves her company too much. 

"Do you.. Do you want me to take you home?" He hopefully asked. Maybe a few more minutes with her would be enough for today so he won't feel lonely. 

"Sorry Baekhyun.. but I can't"

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: Update!

Hey guys, do you think I should make a sequel of I don't want to be an idol?

What do you think?

Suggestion please?