Chapter 61

Memories of Yesteryear

"Are you sure you didn't forget anything?" Baekhyun asked while looking at his girlfriend who us now putting her bag inside Baekhyun's car.

"Yeah.. I'm sure I didn't forget anything. But.. can you run inside and take a look if I really didn't forget anything?" Taeyeon asked sheepishly and Baekhyun chuckled before nodding his head and going inside the cabin again.

As soon as he did, Baekhyun looked around to make sure that he or Taeyeon didn't really forget anything. He went inside his room, Taeyeon's and even to the small living room.

"Alright.." He mumbled to himself as he turned and walked away. He closed the door and saw gis girlfriend standing beside the car with her body slightly leaning to it. Upon seeing her furrowed brows, Baekhyun let out a chuckle catching Taeyeon's attention.

"You're back.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled before giving his girlfriend a nod.  He jogged to her and gave her a quick kiss before opening the car door for her which made Taeyeon smile on the other hand.

"Thanks.." Taeyeon muttered as she entered the car and Baekhyun smiled before replying..

"You're welcome.."

"So tell me.. are excited seeing them or not?" Taeyeon asked as soon as the silence wrapped around them during the ride. An hour had already lassed and yet there they are, still on the road trying to get home as soon as possible.

"I honestly don't know what I should feel.. or.. I'm feeling right now" Baekhyun said while keeping his eyes on the road and Taeyeon nodded her head before glancing at her boyfriend who is now focused on driving.

"Aren't you excited?"

"No"

"Worried?"

"No"

"Having.. second thoughts?"

"Yes.." Baekhyun said before sparing his girlfriend a quick glance and returning it back on the road. Taeyeon on the other hand frowned, she was sure that she observed everything that Baekhyun said and it nothing is wrong with it. 

He's telling the truth about what he really feels right now.

"So why are you having second thoughts?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun took a deep breath before answering her.

"The reason why I left that place for Seoul is my parents. Back whe  we were on our last college years you saw how my dad treated me and my mom wasn't even there to support me right? I can't take it anymore adding the fact that you left too, I just needed to run away from everything so I went to Seoul but thinking of coming back home.. I'm having second thoughts whether to come or not.." Baekhyun nonchalantly said and Taeyeon nodded. He seemed fine to her though, but she knows that Baekhyun is already used on masking his emotions up but then again, his eyes reveal everything he hides.

"I know.. but hey, they're the reason why you're here right now.. with me. They gave you life and I'm thankful with that.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled before nodding his head.

"Alright.. You win.." Baekhyun said finally giving up to Taeyeon since he knew that he could never win to her anymore. Blame his poor heart that it always gives up everything just for her.

"Weakling.." Taeyeon muttered before playfully sticking her tongue out causing Baekhyun to chuckle. "Hey, I'm not.." Baekhyun defended and Taeyeon just smiled sheepishly.

"You are.." Taeyeon said and before Baekhyun can talk back. His phone rag causing them to be both silent. Seeing the Baekhyun's phone lit up Taeyeon gave her boyfriend a glance and he motioned her to pick it up which Taeyeon did.

"It's your mom.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun raised his brows. "Go on.." He said while looking straight on the road making Taeyeon look at him in disbelief. 

"Err.. no. I'm going to put this on a speaker mode" Taeyeon said as she answered the call. Baekhyun on the other hand chuckled letting her do what she wants. 

"Baekhyun-ah.." Baekhyun's mom's vooce rang through the cars the couple sat there in silence. Taeyeon just watched him as she held the phone close to him making sure that the two can hear each other.

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked trying his best not to show any sign of uninterest. "Come back home.. please your dad's at the hospital. We really need you now" His mom said followed by sobs. 

Taeyeon on the other watched her boyfroend but he just kept a stoic face on. She wanted to speak, she wanted to talk to him but she knows she just can't meddle in with their business.

"I'm on the way.. bye" Baekhyun said before snatching the phone from Taeyeon and lightly throwing it behind the steering wheel.

"Hey.. don't get worked up.  Can see that you don't really want to go there but they need you right now" Taeyeon said before caressing Baekhyun's arm and he just sighed.

"I tried to but this ang--"

"That anger won't cause you any good. Come on, just.. set that aside alright?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun just nodded submitting to what his girlfriend asked him. 

She's right though. Anger won't cause him any good.

"Alright.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled a little. The ride wasn't long enough but it wasn't also that soort making them arrive at the hospital just before the sun sets, Taeyeon glanced at Baekhyun who was now sitted on the car chair unmoved.

"Hey.. are we going in or not?" Taeyeon asked knowing that Baekhyun is still having his second thoughts again. "Can.. we just go back?" He asked probably not wanting to see them but Taeyeon just sighed.

"Come.. just once. Set what you feel aside and visit them" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun unbuckled his seatbelt before going out of the car and so does Taeyeon. 

"Let's go.." He said before taling his girlfriend's hand with him not caring anymore if what his father's reaction might be. After asking the room number from the nurse's station, Baekhyun then again took his girlfriend with him.

"We're here.." Taeyeon said as they stopped infront of a door. Light noises can be heard from inside it and slowly, Baekhyun turned the knob not forgetting to give his girlfriend a glance.

Entering the door, Baekhyun saw his father sitting on the bed while looking at his mom, angrily.

"Dad?" Baekhyun asked making the old man turn his attention to him. A confused frown appeared on the old man's face.

"Who are you?" 

___________________________________________________________

A/N: So what do you think happened to Baekhyun's father? 

SeStal's going to appear!