Chapter 77

Memories of Yesteryear

"Are you going to sleep now?" Baekhyun asked when he saw Taeyeon sitting on the bed. Lifting her head up, Taeyeon smiled before nodding her head as an answer.

"Did you take your meds?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon frowned before shaking her head cutely making Baekhyun chuckle. Reaching out to the snall drawer not far from him, Baekhyun took Taeyeon's medicine and a glass of water before approaching her. 

"Here.." Baekhyun said as he handed Taeyeon's medicine and Taeyeon took it before drinking the water prepared by him. Kneeling infront of her, Baekhyun smiled as he caressed her cheek.

"T-Tha-nk y-y-ou" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun took her hand and stared at the ring that was on her finger. Suddenly, a small smile appeared on his face and Taeyeon only stared at him.

"You don't have to thank me.." Baekhyun said as he slightly lifted his body up and kissed Taeyeon's forehead.

"You go sleep now.." Baekhyun said as he patted her hand and Taeyeon only nodded before giving him a questioning look. Getting what her look meant, Baekhyun smiled. 

"I'm not sleepy yet.. I'll watch you sleep first" Baekhyun said as he smiled. But Taeyeon frowned knowing that Baekhyun wants to stay awake since he knows that ataxia also reduces a person's bladder control.

"Y-You sl-e-ep" Taeyeon said while patting the space empty space beside her and Baekhyun smiled as he kissed her forehead. 

"It's alright.. I'm not really sleepy yet. I'll sleep beside you later, I promise" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon didn't protest anymore and just laid down on the bed with Baekhyun sitting at the couch just beside her bed. 

Not being able to fight her tiredness anymore, Taeyeon's eyes slowly closed and sleep took her away.

Seeing her in a deep slumber, Baekhyun sighed as he stared at Taeyeon's face. Why does she have to live like this? He thought. 

He never wished Taeyeon to be in this position but there they are. Not doing anything, just waiting, waiting until Taeyeon finally breaks down from her disease. 

He knew that she doesn't have long enough. Sooner or later, she'll be gone and he cannot think of what to do.  

It seems like Taeyeon being gone is also the end of him.

Staring at the ceiling, he thought, what should I do? 

Looking sideways at her, he let out a deep sigh and a lone tear escaped. 

How would I do without her?

"Never be afraid of anything alright? I'm here" Baekhyun said above whisper as the sound of the waves invaded the silence that morning, with the sun slowly rising, Baekhyun walked at the shore with Taeyeon, on his back.

"Y-You t-too" Taeyeon answered back as she rested her chin on his shoulder stopping where they are  standing at for a while. Going down from his back, Baekhyun turned to look at her. 

Their eyes exchanged knowing glances, their eyes portray words like 'I never want to be without you', 'stay by my side', 'let's keep holding on', 'I love you' and 'I love you too'.

No words were spoken and the sound of the waves is the only gentle sound they hear. Seeing her stand infront of him, he's thankful that the heavens gave him another day to be with Taeyeob again. To spend time with the girl he loves the most.

As the winds gentle blew against them, Baekhyun tucked some strands behind her ears before caressing her cheeks and smiling before leaning in and kissing her forehead.

Right then, he felt Taeyeon snake her arms behind his neck, looking down he smiled as he leaned in and felt her soft lips on his. Slowly, Taeyeon parted and Baekhyun opened his eyes only to see her eyebrows furrowed. 

"Is there something wrong?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon removed her arms away from his nape as it was now placed on hsr head, tightly gripping on her hair. 

"T-Taeyeon.. hey is there something wrong?" Baekhyun asked worriedly as Taeyeon slowly started to kneel.

"P-Pai-n.." Taeyeon said.

"Where?" Baekhyun asked worriedly, he doesn't know what to do, he doesn't know what was happening. 

"H-Head.." Taeyeon said and just like that she fell on the ground.

 

Unconcious.

 

Barely breathing.

 

"TAEYEON!"

___________________________________________________________

A/N: just a short update, three more chapters..