Chapter 52

Memories of Yesteryear

"Are you sure?" Baekhyun asked worriedly upon seeing the troubled look on Taeyeon's face earlier when he was approaching her. It scared him that something is secretly happening to but he doesn't want to make conclusions yet since he knows that Taeyeon would never lie nor hide anything to him. 

"Yeah.. I was just touched by your song" Taeyeon said as she gave space for Baekhyun to seat beside her and Baekhyun smiled. 

He put his arm around her shoulder and Taeyeon gave him a questioning look, nervous that he would ask her again about her situation. She doesn't want to make him worry about her anymore even if it means for her to do things harder from now on. 

She knows that it's quickly getting worst. 

Quickly.

"Are you sure you're okay? Tell me if there's something wrong we already talked about this right?" Baekhyun said while looking straight onto her eyes and Taeyeon nodded her head still firm on the decision of not telling him anything. 

"Yes, but I assure you nothing's wrong with me because if I do. I'll tell you immediately" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun sighed before giving her a nod not forgetting to kiss her forehead. 

"Promise?" 

"I promise"

Sunny's class already ended yet the kids asked Taeyeon to stay there and play with then which aeyeon gladly said yes to. She wasn't feeling very well that day though but she still tried her best to bond with them and with her boyfriend too. 

"Taeyeon unnie can you sing?" A little girl that was sitting on Taeyeon's lap asked but Taeyeon chuckled before shaking her head. 

"Unnie can't sing.." Taeyeon said as she pouted causing the little girl to copy her too. "Then what are we going to do?" The little girl asked before getting off of Taeyeon's lap. 

"Play there.." Baekhyun said out of nowhere while pointing at a group of kids playing not far from them and convinced enough with the sight the little girl ran leaving the couple behind. 

"Finally.." Baekhyun said exhaustedly as he hugged Taeyeon and buried hus face on her shoulder causing Taeyeon to chuckle.

"You're tired?" Taeyeon asked or more like naking Baekhyun lift his head up and gave her a nod resuming back to his previous position. 

"Honestly? All you did was talk to the kids you know.."

"Talking is tiring" Baekhyun lazily said and Taeyeon shook her head. 

"You're so lazy.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun jist chuckled hugging her tighter this time.

"I know.. but I'll never get lazy loving you" 

Seeing that it was already late in the afternoon the coyple decided to leave the school. Taeyeon on the other hand emotionally left as she left a promise to her older to come back there again someday.. 

If that 'someday' still happens. 

And for the last time, Baekhyun saw those sadness in Taeyeon's eyes as she bid goodbye to the kids, her former teachers and Sunny. 

As they went out of the school gates, silence accompanied them but it was warm and comfortable. The walk isn't that long too so they arrived at the cabin quickly. 

"Go in first.. I'll pick this call up.." Baekhyun said as his phone lit up showing that he has a call coming. Taeyeon on the other hand complied and went inside not forgetting to kiss his cheek. 

"Baekhyun.. thank heavens you answered my call.." the person said on the other line causing Baekhyun to sigh. Now he's having regrets about picking up that call.

"Sorry Boa noona. I'm kind of busy, why did you called me?" Baekhyun said as he glanced at the cabin's dront door before taking a few steps away from it. 

"I just wanna know about Taeyeon's condition, how is she?" Boa asked and Baekhyun sighed. 

How is she? He doesn't know, he doesn't have any idea but the look on Taeyeon's face earlier showed him that something earlier is happening but he can't exactly point it out. 

"She's okay noona.. but don't you think that she's masking it up? Don't you think th  she's hiding it because she doesn't want me to worry?" Baekhyun asked and Boa on the other line sighed. 

"I think so, Taeyeon's an independent girl so asking her would be useless just observe her. I don't want to tell you this but her sickness might get worst. Her motor skills are slowly going to dysfunction so better be there for her.. is that clear?" Boa said and Baekhyun's eyes started to get teary. 

"I will noona.. thanks for telling me.." Baekhyun said as he hang up. A lone tear escaped his eyes and he clenched his fist tightly. 

Breathe in and breathe out, he's slowly finding it hard to breathe. He doesn't know what to do anymore, as much as he wants to prepare himself, everytime he hears about Taeyeon's condition it keeps making him weak over and over again. 

It scares him.

Why does it have to be Taeyeon?

Why does it have to be the girl he loves the most?

Why can't it just be him?

___________________________________________________________

A/N: Guys don't worry about the ending okay? This story has a long way to go.. there can be twists and turns..

Update! 

Oh and shoutout to the new subscribers! Hi there guys!