Chapter 3

Memories of Yesteryear

"How's it going?" Baekhyun questioned as soon as his friend, Kai entered the classroom. Kai, on the other hand before answering shook his head in disappointment. 

"Telling her features only isn't helping at all.." Kai said as he slumped his back on the chair disappointedly. Baekhyun on the other hand just leaned his head on the window and watched the people passing by quietly.

"Let's just give up.." Baekhyun nonchalantly said and his friend stared at him with disbelief. Kai never heard him say such things like that even when Baekhyun is on the most excruciating time of his life. 

"What? Are you just going to let it slip like that?" Kai asked wanting to pursue his deterred friend. He always saw him having a hard time but then it changed alittle when he saw that girl so no, he's not going to let him give up. 

Not like that.

"There's nothing we can do.." Baekhyun said as if he doesn't care at all anymore. Kai just heaved out a sigh when he saw his friend's lifeless eyes again. 

It feared him. That Baekhyun would stay miserable forever. 

"Approach her.." Kai simply said and Baekhyun stood up as he took his bag with him even before the class starts. 

"No.." He said as he disappeared out of his friend's sight. Baekhyun decided to go to the vast field of the school and took a seat at the nearby tree. 

How would he approach her? What if she freaks out?

Never did he felt such things but then it was only her. She's the only person that can make him feel that way, if it's even more possible she only has the power to make him smile again. 

"How would I chase after you when it's like chasing the clouds?" Baekhyun spoke as he stared up in the bright sky. 

It was all new to him. The things he felt, the things he say, the things he want was all new to him eversince he saw her. She's different, she's unique.

And that's the reason why he felt drawn to her. 

His mind, his heart, his body. All of him was drawn to her. 

Ending the day with a boring school lesson, Baekhyun just slumped his back on the chair before crossing his arms and looking out of the clear window. Everything that his professor says infront was not new to him anymore. 

How?

He was forced to study so hard when he was young right? Aeronatics was the one he's studying, even when he doesn't really want to. 

It was all his father's plan. 

"Hey.. Class is over.." He heard Kai's voice so he turned his head and saw his classmates dispersing out of the classroom. Baekhyun nodded as he too walked out not waiting for his friend anymore. 

He made his way back home when he stopped. Again, in front of the arts school.

He looked around to see if anyone was there with him before he picked up a music sheet. He studied it and saw that there are song lyrics written on it. 

But before that, he saw a student walking back to the school. The student seemed to be looking for something until it landed on Baekhyun. 

"Are you.. Are you looking for this?" Baekhyun asked as he handed out to him a piece of paper. The student smiled before taking it from him. 

"Yeah, thank you.. This is so important" He said and Baekhyun forced to smile a little. He's envious of him, he wondered if what would happen if he followed his wants. 

He wondered what if feels like to follow your dream. He wondered what it feels like to live his own life. Freely.

"Uh.. No problem" Baekhyun said and the student gave him a confused look. Baekhyun looked down and saw that the student is staring at his uniform. 

"You're from the aeronautics school?" The student asked and Baekhyun slowly nodded. The student seemed to be proud of his school but for Baekhyun, no.

He's not and he'll never be.

"Yes, I am. By the way, I'm Baekhyun" Baekhyun said and the student offered his hand and Baekhyun took it. Never did he want to initiate anything but then he felt an urge to do it.

"Oh, nice meeting you. I'm Kyungsoo and let's be friends" 

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: The characters are coming out one by one! Yay!

Wait for Taeyeon alright?

Thanks for reading!