Chapter 79

Memories of Yesteryear

"Yo-on-a" Taeyeon said as she smiled when she saw Yoona standing there with her eyes b with tears. Without saying any word at all, Yoona ran and hugged Taeyeon as tight as she can, right there everything came out as Yoona ctied her heart out. 

She doesn't like seeing Taeyeon being in that condition. 
She hated it.


"Why didn't you tell me what's really happening to you? I thought I'm your bestfriend..." Yoona said as she continued to cry in Taeyeon's arm. Taeyeon on the other hand smiled even when she feels so weak. 

She soothed Yoona as she continued rubbing the latter's back while her eyes are focused on Baekhyun who is staring back at her with his eyes portraying something she can't explain. 

"Y-Yo-u a-are.." Taeyeon said and Yoona broke their hug before wiping her tears with the back of her hand. 

"Then you should have told me the truth.. look at you now.." Yoona said and Taeyeon took Yoona's hand and smiled. 

"I-I'm fi-ne.." Taeyeon said still smiling but Yoona and everyone in the room knows that Taeyeon is just hiding what she really feels inside. 

"Liar.." Yoona said childishly and Taeyeon lightly chuckled seeing Yoona that way. Yes, she's smiling outside but Taeyeon was just as broken as wrecked car can be inside. 

She feels too much pain but she can't let then see her that way. Specially now that she feels like she's not going to last any longer.

"Hey. What are you thinking?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon shook her head while faking a smile. Soon the door bursted in and Krystal comes in with tears on her eyes. 

"Taeyeon unnie!!" Krystal said as she ran to hug Taeyeon like what Yoona did before. Taeyeon on the other hand rubbed Krystal's back knowing that the younger girl can't be too drawn in her emotions specially that her heart is too weak.

"S-Shh.. D-Don't c-c-ry" Taeyeon said and Krystal wiped her tears away.

"You made me worried, don't you know that? Di you want me to go first just because I'm worried about you? Unnie don't do that again!" Krystal said while stomping her feet on the floor with both of her hands covering her face. 

"I-I w-won't.." Taeyeon said and Krystal stopped crying with Sehun lightly patting her back. 

"You promise?" Krystal asked and Taeyeon nodded. 

"P-Prom-ise" She said.

"I.. uhh.. Guys can you leave us alone first? I need to talk with her" Baekhyun finally spoke and they all turned their heads on him.

"Alright.. let's go" Kai said as he took Yoona with him and Sehun followed with Krystal trailing behind  him too. Right after the four left, everything was in dead silence between the couple, no words were spoken, just silence.

"B-Baek-hy-un" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun took a seat beside her and took her hand and entwined it in his. 

"You made me worried.." Baekhyun said as she leaned her head on Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun on the other hand just sighed as he looked up in the ceiling trying to find his tears.

"S-So-rry.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook her head. 

"Don't be.. Just promise to never leave me. I don't know what I'll do without you. I don't know how will I be able to take it if you're gone.." Baekhyun said and tears escaped from Taeyeon's eyes upon hearing this.

How can she go without hurting him?

How can she leave without having to make him cry?

"B-Baek-h-yun" Taeyeon called. "What is it?" Baekhyun asked "S-Sor-ry f-for hi-ding i-it" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun swallowed the invisible lump on his throat.

"Y-You kn-ew?" He asked and Taeyeon nodded her head before giving him an apolegetic look.

"How?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon sighed.

"I.. j-jus-t k-kn-ew" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun didn't say anything anymore. 

"H-Hey.." Taeyeon called. "What is it?" Baekhyun asked before turning his head to look at her. Their eyes met and and Taeyeon forced a smile.

"T-Ta-ke m-me o-out to-mor-row.. P-Plea-se" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun gave her a questioning look. 

"Do you think I can even take you out knowing how your condition is? Taeyeon you're sick.. Just stay here please" Baekhyun pleaded. He wants to give Taeyeon what she asks for but he feels afraid that something might happen to her, he talked to Boa already and her condition can be barely cured, he too knows that she won't have long and her brain tumor is already at the worst stage.

He can't risk anything.

"Ple-ase?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun closed his eyes before shaking his head.

"J-Just.. o-on-ce" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook his head again. It is hard for him to say no but he have to do it, then again he can't risk anything.

"P-Ple-ase. Th-is.. T-his..is..the..last" Taeyeon said with her pleading voice and Baekhyun sighed as he looked straight into her. He doesn't want to hear her last plead but he felt something when he heard her say that it's her last favor.

"J-Just.. once okay?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head as she kissed his cheek.

"T-Thank y-you.."

"Taeyeon tell Baekhyun if you feel dizzy alright?" Boa said as Taeyeon and baekhyun stopped by at the nurse's station before going out. Only nodding her head, Taeyeon forced a smile as she knew Boa would be down if she finds out that she's lying, it may look selfish enough for other people but Taeyeon only wants to see the people she loves smile as if nothing is happening.

As if nothing is about to end. 

"Let's go then.." Baekhyun said as he pushed Taeyeon's wheelchair out of the hospital and into his car. 

The way  to the place where Taeyeon wants to go wasn't that long but the ride was filled with comfortable silence, Baekhyun kept glancing at his girlfriend as he smiles seeing her looking back at him. 

Watching him focused on driving on the other hand, Taeyeon smiled as she thanked himm entally for loving her unconditionally. 

Arriving at the place where Taeyeon wanted to go, Baekhyun opened the back of the car as he took her wheelchair out and helping seat on it. Entering the place, Taeyeon heard fun and live music as the laughter of the people starts to get louder and louder. 

"Welcome to the annual carnival sir.. We're glad you're here" The clerk says with a smile and Baekhyun smiled back. 

"Tickets for two please.." He said and the clerk nodded and Baekhyun paid for it before entering the carnival. There, different rides, food stalls, games and a whole lot more greeted them.

Kids running around, families gathering at the nearby picnic area, and couple lining up different rides were there. 

"Where do you want to go?" Baekhyun softly asked as he lowered himself down to Taeyeon's level and Taeyeon smiled playfully as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Do you want to eat?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shool her head. "I think, I know where to take you" Baekhyun said as he stood up again and pushed the wheelchair.

Stopping by at a random stall, Baekhyun smiled as he kissed Taeyeon's forehead. "Wait here okay?" Baekhyun asled and taeyron nodded her head curious of what Baekhyun is planning to do. 

"I'll play.." Taeyeon heard Baekhyun said and she saw him aim onto something and being on a wheelchair, it was hard for her to see what Baekhyun is aiming at. After a couple of minutes that passed by, Baekhyun finally dropped the toy gun he's holding and hid something on his back as he approached Taeyeon.

"Wh-at.. d-did yo-u d-do?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun smiped as he kneeled infront of her.

"Tada, your favorite peas. I got it from the game earlier" Baekhyun proudly said with a bright smile and Taeyeon chuckled. 

"T-Thank.. y-ou" Taeyeon said as she hugged Baekhyun. "No problem.." Baekhyun smiled back as he stood up and pushed Taeyeon's wheelchair again.

The whole day was a lot of fun for the two, they played games and laughed their heart out and even in her condition, Taeyeon managed to make  Baekhyun happy too and even when some people notice Taeyeon's condition and feel bothered Baekhyun would be always there for her saying..

'It's okay.. you got me'

The day is finally starting to end and Baekhyun knew that he has one last chance to make Taeyeon happy for that day, he knew that they might not be able to do it again in the future so he wanted to make the best out of every single second they have. Letting out a sigh, Baekhyun pushed Taeyeon to a random line. 

"This will be the last.. alright? Then we'll go back.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. The queue isn't that long so the couple are to go up quickly and soon the ferris wheel started to move. 

"Are you alright?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. Looking out of the window, Taeyeon saw the small town below as she smiled. 

Feeling her seat move, Taeyeon saw that Baekhyun is also staring outside eith a smile on his face. 

I always wanted to see him smile that way, she thought and soon Baekhyun's eyes landed on her.The ride came on top and the view got more beautiful, staring outside in awe Baekhyun noticed that Taeyeon was staring back at him and not at the view outside.

"Is there something wrong?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon smiled before shaking her head slowly because she felt somewhat dizzy. "Are you sure?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head with a smile on her face but soon her smile slowly faded as she felt a throbbing pain inside her head.

"Taeyeon?' Baekhyun called but Taeyeon composed herself as she tried hard to fight the unbearable pain spreading inside her head. "Taeyeon?" Baekhyun called and she only heard it as a faint sound. gripping on her hair, Taeyeon closed her eyes tight as she groaned loudly in pain. 

"Taeyeon!" Baekhyun shouted not knowing what to do.

You can't just leave this place Taeyeon, not after your brain tumor grew fast. 

You have to stay longer with us.

He needs you.

We can lose you anytime, we can't risk that.

Boa's words rang through her ears and Taeyeon felt herself giving up. 

"Taeyeon!" 

His voice is the only sound she heard, it echoed, it echoed loudly until everything went pitch black.

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: One more chapter to go and no one can still guess the ending right.. Come on guys, you can do better than that 

Upcoming story, do you want it to still be BaekYeon?