Chapter 34

Memories of Yesteryear

"Baekhyun.." 

"I'morry but I don't think I can leave you right after doing this. You said that we'll give it a try right? So why leave me now again? If I'm planning to leave you then I should have left your before.. but I didn't right? Because I love you so much" Baekhyun desperately said. He can't imagine seeing her go for the second time. 

He does not know what to do if ever the scars would open again. 

"I'm sorry for thinking this way.. I don't want to hurt you but Baekhyun I'm sick and it's serious. Don't you think we can do it? Do you think we can hold on?" Taeyeon  asled while tears kept flowing down her eyes. 

Even if it's three years or five years she thinks that it's not enough. She's afraid of leaving the people she loves behind, no, she can't. 

She really can't. 

"Yes we can. I will never ever leave you especially knowing that you need me the most this time.. I don't care anymore, all I want is to be by your side" Bawkhyun said while looking atraight into her eyes hoping that she would give in. It's too much for him, knowing that the girl he loves is sick but it hurts him more thinking that she would be alone in the time she badly needs a company  

"I just don't want you to get hurt if anything happens to me.." Taeyeon reasoned and Baekhyun's breath hitched. Why is the world so cruel on them? Why on the place full of people it have to be Taeyeon?

Why can't it be just him? 

Why? 

"Nothing will happen to you.. you'll be alright" Baekhyun said before cupping Taeyeon's cheeks with his hands. They stared right into each other's eyes, both pprtraying sadness, worries and pain. 

"There's no treatment Baekhyun.. I got a degenerative disease on the brain. My life expectancy decreased. Are you still willing to be with me if I tell you that after sometime I will be useless? That I will not be able to talk, I will not be able to walk, I will not be able to see? Maybe even do simple things.." 

Her gaze dropped. His frozen. 

Can he? 

Will he? 

"I don't care.. I will still love you no matter what"

"But Baek--"

"I love you.." 

She doesn't know what to say. She's too grateful and she doesn't know how to thank him anymore, she's too greateful that she can't think of anyways how to pay him back anymore. 

"I'm going to be selfish but I want you, no , I need you in my life"  

"I need you too Baekhyun.. but I don't think that I'm ready to tell you my answer yet" Taeyeon said as her gaze dropped. What is she afraid again? Death? Sickness? No, she doesn't know why she's still not eady to be officially his. 

"I understand and I'll be more than willing to wait. Just don't break my heart Taeyeon-ah.." Baekhyun said or more like pleaded and Taeyeon nodded before engulfing him into a tight embrace. 

Both of them doesn't know what the outcome will be but they know that they're going to face it togther. 

No matter what happens. 

"Let me take you home? I'm going with you to the hospital tomorrow.." Baekhyun said before kissing the top of her head and Taeyeon nodded as her hug around his waist tightened with her face buried on his chest.

Baekhyun took Taeyeon home and no one dared to talk. Both of then seemed to be lost in their own little worlds, both of them seemed to be thinking of what tomorrow and the next few weeks or months will be to them.

They can't see their future but they're going to be prepared. 

"So.. goodnight" Baekhyun said as soon as they stopped infront of Taeyeon's room. Taeyeon just showed a small smile making Baekhyun sigh. 

"Everything's going to be fine.. we're going to do this together" Baekhyun said while caressing Taeyeon's cheek. 

"I know..thank you" Taeyeon answerd shortly and Baekhyun nodded before motioning her to go inside. He turned and was about to walk away when he felt his wrist being grabbed. 

He turned to Taeyeon again and raised his brows. She bit her lower lip before giving him a troubled look.

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked with his voice full of concern. Taeyeon lifted her gaze up only to meet his concerned yet worried eyes.

 

"Please don't tell Yoona or Kai anything about this first.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun took a deep breath before nodding hisbhead.

"But promise me that you'll tell them the truth sooner or later.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon slowly nodded. Baekhyun just gave her a smile small smile before he walked away.

It's breaking him inside too.

He laid his back flat on the bed while he stared at the light blue colored ceiling. He can still picture her perfect face in his mind even when he has a lot of thoughts.

How's their future going to be? How far are they going to reach?

He can't manage to live without her anymore. 

He heaved out a sigh. A tired sigh, when is it going to end? He doesn't know himself, he just wanted to see her keep smiling. 

He wanted her to keep on living. 

He wanted to keep loving her.

Even to the end of their lives.

___________________________________________________________

A/N: I think the math exams affected my brain's way of thinking since after the exams I can't do even a simple math ><

My brain's abused! It affected my update too T.T 

By the waaay, keep on reading since it's still a long way ^^