Chapter 11

Memories of Yesteryear

He's honest, he's nice.

She's cheerful, she's smart.

What's the problem? Both of them don't want to flaunt anything about their personalities, both of them seemed to have a dull past. 

But is it really a barrier? For them to both fall inlove?

Miracles do happen right? 

So what's the reason to keep one of them hurting? Love comes in different forms but no matter what it will always be love right? He wanted to give up, he doesn't want to be the guy who just watch her walk down the street. 

He doesn't want to be the guy, that will secretly stare at her. He doesn't want to be the guy, that will kept mum and just admire her beauty mentally. 

He doesn't want to admire her from afar. 

His hope crushed when he was locked up, he felt miserable, he felt alone. He grew up with a feeling of anger and hatred with his family but not matter what they did to him, he forgives them.

He's a guy full of amnesty.

But why can't he forgive himself? For being such a fool? 

Why can't he just shrug her off his mind as easy as how he forgives those person who had done something wrong to him. 

"I know you think of her. Are you really going to give up?" Kai's voice rang in his ears. He looked up and nodded his head adamantly.

He has no choice. Kyungsoo is his friend and trying to win Taeyeon's heart would mean that he have to compete, with someone, who treated him like his own brother. 

"You know me.. I don't want to put up a competition against somebody. Especially my friends.." Baekhyun said as he sighed desperately. 

He's going to give way. If that's the only option he can do. 

"What? So you're going to let yourself stand there and watch them even if it's killing you?" Kai asked and Baekhyun gave him a weak smile before patting his friend's shoulder.

"Don't worry.  I'll be fine, I'm used to this" Baekhyun said more like telling himself that he can do it. What can he do? He doesn't want Kai to worry about him anymore. 

"But. I don't think Kyungsoo will take it seriously" Kai convinced but Baekhyun was firm with his decision. It will end up that way right? He'll compete with Kyungsoo and things will turn out seriously until they will end up hating each other.

"Nah. It will end up that way besides Taeyeon said that she doesn't believe in love so I'll be a fool if I'll push myself on something I really can't have.. she's just a dream from now on" Baekhyun said and Kai sighed before giving him a disappointed nod.

He doesn't understand why Baekhyun would take such things like that. He doesn't understand why Baekhyun looked into things negatively. 

Was it really because of his life?

"Alright then.. are you going to join us?" Kai asked hoping that his friend will agree. He  knows that Baekhyun needs to have some break, after their tiring classes.

"Didn't we just went to the festival yesterday? You already miss Yoona?" Baekhyun asked innocently and Kai lightly punched his friend's shoulder. 

"She's my girlfriend of course I'll miss her. But hey, Taeyeon's coming.." Kai said and Baekhyun shook his head before slinging his bag on his back. 

"No, I don't think I can join. Dad might sense that I'm breaking his rules.." Baekhyun said as he gave his friend a reassuring smile. Kai just shook his head, he can see that  Baekhyun wants to but then his dad's words are holding him back. 

"Alright.." Kai said before walking out of their room. If only he can stop the time yesterday at the festivals, he thought. It's the first time he saw his friend smile wholeheartedly. 

He wanted to make it better. But he knows he can't especially when it's already Baekhyun who decided to give up. 

"Kai!" He heard his girlfriend's voice call him and he faked a smile when he approached her. Yoona immediately noticed the look on Kai's eyes and she understood why.

"Hey.. it's going to be fine" Yoona said before caressing Kai's cheek and Kai smiled. They heard a cough behind and saw Taeyeon standing there together either Kyungsoo. 

"Where's Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asked and Kai gave him an apologetic look. Yoona just held her boyfriend's hand tightly. 

"He said he can't come. Father's rules" Kai said and Kyungsoo nodded. Baekhyun had told him a bit of his life and it made Kyungsoo pity him too. 

He doesn't like to see his friend having a hard time. 

Taeyeon on the other hand doesn't know what they're talking about. Baekhyun never really told her anything about his life or personality but then hearing that he can't come she felt.. sad. 

"I see.. so it's the four of us?" Kyungsoo asked and Kai nodded but then stopped when Baekhyun walked past them. He doesn't seem to have any idea that his friends were there. 

"Baekhyun-ah!" Kyungsoo called and luckily he heard them. He turned and his eyes met Taeyeon, he's surprised to see then still there but Taeyeon can see something more in his eyes. 

Sadness. 

His eyes give away everything. Everything that he feels and everything that he keeps inside. 

"Hey.." he said with an uncomfortable voice. He can't stand Taeyeon's stare at him, he felt vulnerable. 

He felt. Lost.

"Aren't you going with us?" Kyungsoo asked and Baekhyun shook his head. Would he be able to bear seeing Taeyeon be held by another guy? Would he be able to control his heart? 

He's afraid. Because his answer is.. 

No. He can't. 

"I don't think I can.." he said with a low voice and glanced into Taeyeon's eyes. Did he see disappointment? No, maybe he looked wrongly in Taeyeon's eyes. 

He might be hallucinating things again. 

Stupid mind and heart. They always dysfunction whenever Taeyeon's around.

"So maybe.. I'll break the news here" Kyungsoo said and they all looked at him. Baekhyun felt his chest tighten, could it be that Taeyeon answered him yes? 

No, he'll not be able to take it. 

"What news?" Yoona asked and Kyungsoo showed a small smile. Every second that passes suffocates Baekhyun, his heart is thumping like crazy. 

"I'm going to US..."

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm going to make the story lighter.. 

By the way about the sequel, what do you want me to do with it? Share your thoughts please..

Because I'm still planning about it. I might make one or I might not so share what you think..