Chapter 40

Memories of Yesteryear

"N-No.. I-I heard you wrong right? Baekhyun you just can't leave your work and life behind just because of me. I can handle myself if that's what you're worrying about" Taeyeon said before getting off the bed. Baekhyun sighed before approaching her ans putting his arms on her shoulder while staring straight into her eyes.

"No, I'm going with you no matter what. I trust you, okay? I just.. I just don't want you to do this alone. Don't worry about my work, boss will understand" Baekhyun said as he smiled and Taeyeon sighed. 

"But--"

"No more buts.. if you want to leave here right now alright" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded. She can't do anything, she doesn't want to deal with a stubborn Baekhyun anymore sincr she can't deny that she wants him to go with her too. 

It's just that she's worried thar she's affecting Baekhyun's personal life now. His work, his decisions everything, she felt like she's affecting every aspect of his life.

"Alright.. you.. brought my stuffs right?" Taeyeon asked Baekhyun nodded before handling her the backpack that was placed on the couch. 

"You want me to take your stuffs here?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shook her head before taking the bag from Baekhyun. 

"No need.. the clothes here are enough" Taeyeon said before making her way to the bathroom to change her hospital clothes to the nornal ones. 

Baekhyun on the other hand decided to go see Boa. He knocked on her door and hearing a faint voice saying 'come in' Baekhyun made his way inside not forgetting to close the door. 

"You need something?" Boa asked upon seeing Baekhyun standing infront of her desk. She gestured Baekhyun to sit down so he did. 

"Taeyeon's leaving this afternoon.. it's fine. Right?" Baekhyun asked with an unsure voice and Boa gave him a nod. 

"Yes.. but look after her, she would need a company sooner or later so can you?" Boa asked and Baekhyun nodded abruptly and without hesitation. 

"It's never going to be a problem with me.." Baekhyun said and Boa nodded before inhaling deeply. "The next few weeks or even days would be hard for her, try to cheer her up and tell me if anything happens" Boa said and Baekhyun nodded taking the small card she's giving him.

He looked at the card and turned his gaze back to Boa.

"That's my calling card. Her brother asked me to keep an eye on her sister, I wrote his number there too since I told him that you're always her company. Don't worry, Jiwoong's not opposing you or anything" Boa reassured and Baekhyun slowly nodded before putting the card on his pocket. 

"Thank you noona.. Taeyeon's in good hands, I won't let her down nor let her get hurt" Baekhyun said and Boa nodded trusting him with his words. 

"Better be.. Taeyeon's a precious girl"

"Where have you been?" Taeyeon asked as soon as Baekhyun entered her room. She already changed from her hospital clothes and Baekhyun gave her a smile before taking the bag from her. 

"I just asked some things to Boa noona.. we're good to go now. Let's go?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon chose not to ask him anymore so she nodded and took his free hand before walking with him. 

They got inside Baekhyun's car and he drove away. 

"I think this journey will be fun with you.."

___________________________________________________________

A/N: so I just squeezed this in today since  know I won't be able to do it tomorrow. I just made the half since my time's limited, I'm really sorry guys but don't worry.. 

Everything's gonna be alright ^^