Chapter 7

Memories of Yesteryear

"Fine then. I won't oppose you anymore, just come back. You don't want Kyungsoo to suspect anything right? Kai asked making his friend sigh in frustration and despair. 


Baekhyun can't just trust his mind and heart. It clouded him a few minutes ago and he doesn't want that to happen again. He doesn't want to run away without any reasons at all.


Not infront of anyone. Not infront of Taeyeon. 


"I know but I don't trust myself.." Baekhyun said and Kai shook his head seeing how stubborn his friend is. Baekhyun already lost hope, he can see it. 


"Come on. You don't want your buddy to be alone right?" Kai pleaded and Baekhyun flexed his jaw. He just heard one word from him.

 

Alone. 

 

 

That's what he's made to be, he's born to be alone. 
"Fine.." Baekhyun said giving up to his stubborn friend. What is he going to do anyway? He felt suffocated at home, he felt imprisoned.


Maybe feeling jealous won't be worse as feeling suffocated and imprisoned.


"That's my buddy.." Kai proudly stated when his friend finally gave up. He's determined to make his friend smile and he also believe that Baekhyun would stand a chance.


Kai took him back and with every steps Baekhyun makes, he felt that it's getting heavier. Heavier than the steps he takes when he's about to enter the door of his house. 


He felt like someone has been staring at him and saw a pair of brown eyes staring back on his way. Blame his heart, never did he felt something like it but then there he is. 


Getting crazy because of a certain blonde. He scolded himself for being to weak, he blamed himself for destroying the walls on his heart.


Now it feels like it's going to jump out of his chest anytime. 


"Oh, what happened?" Yoona asked worriedly. He saw her stare at his face like there's something wrong, he felt his shoulder being tapped and saw that it was Kai giving him a reassuring look. 


Baekhyun just nodded showing him that he will be alright but if only he can be honest right now, he would want to dig a hole and hide himself forever there and scold himself for being so stupid. 


"His dad called. No emergencies anymore" Kai explained and Yoona nodded. She felt something is wrong but is afraid to ask, she knows it will make the situation worst.


"Oh.. that's good" Yoona said as shrugged glanced at Taeyeon who is likely to be oblivious of what is happening but little did she know Taeyeon can sense something too. 


Maybe more than that. Taeyeon felt.. uncomfortable in a good way. 


"Guys, maybe we should celebrate now" Kyungsoo voiced out before taking Taeyeon's hand making her flinch. Baekhyun too but it was only his eyes that flickered. 


With jealousy. 


He felt out of place there. He envied how Kyungsoo got to hold Taeyeon's hand freely, now it made him confused. 

 

He was sure that he's born to be alone but everytime he sees Taeyeon's eyes he felt nothing but warmth and love. Blame his heart that it opposed his mind. 
He's already tortured. Battered inside out, he felt nauseous and affronted on himself.

He can't stand it. Seeing her smile to him. 

He can't stand it. Seeing him sweet to her. 

He can't stand it. Seeing them together. 

"Guys, I think I need to go right now. I have an emergency meeting with dad" Kyungsoo said as he dashed out of the school not waiting for his friends to ask him why anymore. 

Baekhyun just watched and turned his eyes to Taeyeon. He saw sadness in those pair of beautiful eyes, is she sad that Kyungsoo left?

He felt insecure. 

He can never be as great  as Kyungsoo. If only he came earlier then he would have stand a chance to win her. 

"Is it okay if we leave the both of you too? Yoona and I have things to do" Kai said while giving his friend an encouraging look. Yoona noticed it and gave them a smile. 

"Kai's right.. See you later!" Yoona said and they disappeared in the crowd, they didn't let the two talk back anymore. On the corner of his eyes, he can see her turned to him with a small smile. 

He felt frozen, he felt it hard to breath. Never did he imagined that one day, he would be close to the girl of his dreams.

"I guess it's only the two of us now.."

______________________________________________________

A/N: YoonKai left Baekhyun with Taeyeon. 

What would happen now?! 

Sorry for this lame update guys. I've been out earlier and I'm reaaaaalllyyy tired >< 

I didn't get any sleep at all. 

Forgive me~~~