Chapter 29

Memories of Yesteryear

Her words kept ringing on his ears, her eyes are focused only to him and it was expecting an answer. He doesn't know what to say, he doesn't know what to do, it felt like the words he wanted to tell her vanished suddenly. 

"Tell me honestly" she added before standing up infront of him with her eyes pleading for him to give her an answer. 

He breathed hard. He doesn't want to lose her but he have to be honest. 

"I do.. I still do after all these time. I wanted to hate you, I wanted to forget you but everytime I picture your face I can't help but to fall inlove over again. Call me a fool but I will never ever regret loving you.." 

Baekhyun said truthfully and when he looked up her eyes are tearing up. What have he done? Did he say something wrong?

"I won't push myself on you anymore.. just be my friend and I will be more than happy with that" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon deeply inhaled trying to prevent her tears. 

"NO"

She suddenly said. It frightened her that Baekhyun would just want them to be like that, she doesn't want to hurt him, she doesn't want to hurt the both of them anymore. 

"But--"

"Will you.. will you be.. willing to.. to give us a.. a.. second chance?" Taeyeon bravely asked and Baekhyun didn't utter any word. Instead, he stood up and engulfed her in a tight hug and as soon as he did, the tears Taeyeon is holding back flowed down her cheeks. 

"I will be more than willing to have a second try with you. We will sort things out together.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded before hugging him back her face burried on his chest while her arms are wralled around her neck. 

"We.. will take it  slow.. right?" Taeyeon asked while sobbing hard. She can't control her tears anymore and she's slowly finding it hard to breathe because of the crying she have to do. 

"As slow as we can.. we'll do this together" Baekhyun said before kissing the top of her head. Taeyeon slowly nodded before looking up to him, he wiped her tears away before giving her a smile. 

"Stop crying.. I don't want to see you cry" Baekhyun said while wiping the tears on her face and Taeyeon smiled before nodding and hugging him tight. 

"We're going to do this together.." 

Taeyeon smiled as she stared into her room's ceiling. It's not that she agreed to have a relationship with him since they decided to take it slow but she's happy that he's going to be there every step of the way. 

Her thoughts were broken by the ringing of her phone, she opened it and saw a message from Baekhyun telling her to get ready since it's his free day and they're going out. 

She immediately fixed herself, she chose and simple and comfortable dress remembering how Baekhyun complemented her on how pretty she is in a simple style. 

She felt suddenly giddy. 

Taeyeon went down the hotel's lobby only to see Baekhyun approaching her with a wide smile on his face. 

"What are you doing here?" Taeyeon asked since she expected Baekhyun to just wait for her at their destination for the day. 

"Picking you up?" Baekhyun asked innocently and Taeyeon pinched his cheek making Baekhyun scowl in pain. 

"You should have told me the place where we'll meet.." Taeyeon said before glaring him playfully and walking away leaving him sulking. 

But then a sudden light bulb popped above Baekhyun's head and a sly smirk crept on his face. 

"Taeyeon!"

Taeyeon heard her name being called by Baekhyun so she ly to find his face inches closer to her again and suddenly he kissed her cheek. 

Taeyeon stood on her place frozen. "Payback" Baekhyun said playfully before running away and once he is out of her sight Taeyeon came back to reality and her cheeks automatically turned bright red.

"Yah! Cone back you-- Aish!" Taeyeon said before stomping her way to him. 

"Come in your majesty.." Baekhyun said when he opened the car door and bowed at Taeyeon just like how a servant would do. Upon seeing his silly antics, Taeyeon just chuckled.

"Thank you.." Taeyeon played along and they both laughed catching the attention of some people. 

"Let's go.." Baekhyun said before closing the door and went to the other side of the car where the driver's seat is. As soon as he did, Taeyeon pinched his cheeks again. 

"Ouch.." Baekhyun winced in pain whole rubbing his abused cheek. Taeyeon saw the redden spot on Baekhyun's cheek and got guilty. 

"Does it hurt that much?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun removed his hand from his cheek before giving Taeyeon a reassuring smile.

"No.. I'm fine, I can manage" Baekhyun said but Taeyeon just sighed guiltily. "Hey, I'm fine.. don't worry" Baekhyun said but Taeyeon's expression didn't change at all. 

"I won't do it again I'm sorry.." Taeyeon as she looked down and pouted. "Hey. I'm going to be fine.." Baekhyun said but it didn't change Taeyeon's expression and mood at all.

"Hey.." Baekhyun called and Taeyeon lifted her gaze up. "How about you make it up to me?" Baekhyun asked hoping that it would change Taeyeon's mood since he wants to go with her without any worries or problems at all.

"How?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun gave her a smile before lifting one of his hand that was on the steering wheel earlier. 

"Give me your hand.." Baekhyun said and although hesitant, Taeyeon gave him her hand and he intertwined it together. Taeyeon gave him a confused look. 

"How are you going to drive with one hand?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun chuckled before slightly parting their palms together creating a small space in between. 

"There" Baekhyun said. He wrapped both of their hands on the gear placing the gear between their palm while their finger are still intertwined. 

"We're going to change the gear together.. don't let go of my hand alright?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded slightly ducking her head knowing that she's blushing. 

"This way. I can keep on holding your hand" Baekhyun said proudly while looking at the gear that was placed between their palm.

The ride was smooth and Taeyeon didn't let go of his hand. They stopped in a park not far from the famous Namsan tower and Baekhyun removed his hand from Taeyeon so he can go out the car and open the door for her. 

"Let's go.." Baekhyun said and bravely took Taeyeon's hand. They roamed around the park for a while before Baekhyun decided to bring her to the restaurant on the tower.

Being there for the first time, Taeyeon was mesmerized by the view from the top. She didn't expect Baekhyun to do that for her and she can't deny that she loved it. 

After having their lunch there, Baekhyun took her to the place where the locks are placed. There are thousands of them and Taeyeon can't help but to smile.

She took a sit at the edge on one of the benches and Baekhyun did too but they slid to the center since the bench was shaped like v. 

Taeyeon turned her head sideways only to find his face closer. They both chuckled finding it silly, the space between them wasn't a bother anymore but they would be lying if they deny that both of their hearts doesn't beat fast. 

"What do you wanna do now?" Baekhyun asked with his face still close to Taeyeon's. "I don't know.. do you have any place in mind?" Taeyeon asked while looking straight onto his eyes. 

"Let's do this first.." Baekhyun said before standiuup and locking the lock he have. He then slid the key on a metal bin not far from where they are standing. 

"What did you do?" Taeyeon curiously asked. "I put on a lock.." Baekhyun coolly said and Taeyeon was about to speak when Baekhyun stopped her. 

"Don't worry. I know it's only for couples, I just put mines. I'll give yours.. soon enough" Baekhyun said while scratching his nape. 

"Isn't it only supposed to be one?" Taeyeon asked innocently and Baekhyun chuckled. 

"Yes. But let's make it two.. one for me and one for you, when you're ready and you want to take our relationship on a higher level. Let's go back here and put the lock, after that you'll be forever mine" Baekhyun said before giving her a small smile. 

How he wished Taeyeon would be ready to take it to the next level with him.

"Let's go.. let's do everything we can since it's still early" Baekhyun said and he took Taeyeon's hand again. They roamed around the markets and took pictures together. 

"Let's take a picture.." Taeyeon said before stopping infront of a wall with a graffiti. Baekhyun placed his chin above Taeyeon's shoulder and Taeyeon didn't bother. 

"1"

"2"

"3"

Baekhyun stood frozen on his spot and he heard Taeyeon's giggle. Taeyeon set the preview and chuckled seeing how she kissed his cheek in surprise. 

"Hello.. from earth to Baekhyun" Taeyeon said making Baekhyun snap back to reality. He gave her a playful glare and Taeyeon stuck her tongue out. 

"It's a revenge.." Taeyeon coolly said before leaving Baekhyun behind. He just walked behind her watching Taeyeon take every step slowly. 

He still can't believe that Taeyeon gave themselves a second chance to sort out their feelings. But he promised hinself not to let her go anymore because letting her go is a nightmare to him. 

A horrible nightmare.

"Taeyeon.." Baekhyun called while walking behind her. 

"Hmm?" Taeyeon hummed in response. 

"I.." Baekhyun said but then stopped remembering that they both promised to take it slow. 

"Let's save it.. but.. I like you too and I mean it. Thanks for letting me take it slow" Taeyeon said before smiling. Although he can't see her, Baekhyun knew that she's smiling. 

"I have all the time in the world for you.. I can wait no matter how long" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon's smile grew wider. 

"Even for a lifetime?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun just smiled before taking a quicker pace to catch up. "Even if it's the next.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled before hugging his arm. 

"Thank you.." 

The sun is slowly setting and the two were standing at the riverside admiring the best rosy hue of the sky. Silence filled the place but both of them liked it, they liked how smooth they are going. 

They liked how better their situation is. Baekhyun wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled Taeyeon close to him, Taeyeon didn't protest though. 

She likes it. 

No. 

She loves it. 

Taeyeon rested her head on his shoulder as her arm was wrapped around the back of his waist. She let out a deep sigh. 

"Baekhyun thank you for this day.." Taeyeon mumbled and she felt him kiss the top of her head. She loves it, she loves how they are now.

"Anything for you..remember that" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled before nodding. 

"I'll do anything..for you too"

___________________________________________________________

A/N: I love the gear thing haha 

Took hours to complete this. Fluffy enough?

BaekYeon feeellsss