Chapter 38

Memories of Yesteryear

The ringing of his phone woke him up from a deep slumber. He groaned, he tossed and turned but then ended up jolting up because of the annoying noise. 

The unknown number made him sigh in frustration and annoyance. He just got back home and it's just a few minutes after he fell asleep and now someone is already disturbing his rest. 

"Hello?" Baekhyun groggily asked still half asleep. "Baekhyun, how are you?" His mom's voice made him open his eyes wide. He removed his phone from his ears and glanced at the number displayed on the screen. 

It was really his mom. 

"Uh.. I'm fine" he answered before getting out of the bed and walking to closet. He opened it and took some clothes, glancing at the watch on the wall, he saw that it was still early to go back to Taeyeon. 

"When are you going home?" His mom asked making him stop moving. Going back to them never really crossed his mind, besides he's already contented with his life now. 

Maybe not at all. But he's happy being alone. 

"I don't know.." Baekhyun answered before slumping his body back on the bed with his feet dangling on the edge. He put his free hand to cover his tired eyes and sighed. 

"We missed you.." 

Lie. 

It's all a lie. 

"I know.." he answered not bothering to say he misses them back. It might have hurted his mom but he doesn't want to lie, he doesn't want to say that he misses them when he doesn't really do. 

"Are you sure you're not going to see us?" His mom asked or more like pursuaded again. Baekhyun took a deep breath. There's no reason for him to go back there anymore. 

"I don't think I can.. bye.. mom"

With that, he hang up. He went straight to the bathroom and changed his clothes and after doing so, Baekhyun went straight to Taeyeon's hotel and took her things. 

After picking it up, Baekhyun went to a cafe to grab something to eat. He even took some more thinking about Taeyeon. 

It was already four in the afternoon when he arrived in the hospital. He parked his car and went out of it leaving Taeyeon's things behind at the car. 

"Baekhyun!" 

He heard his name being called so he ly to see Yoona with tears b on her eyes. Kai was trailing behind, Baekhyun composed himself. Luckily, there isn't work that day or else he would have gone crazy thinking how Taeyeon got confined in the hospital just like Yoona does.

"Hey.." Baekhyun said and before he knew he was engulfed in a tight hug. Baekhyun turned his gaze to Kai and his friend gave him a nod, knowing the reason why ,he sighed. 

"What happened to Taeyeon? Why is she here?" Yoona asked and Baekhyun just looked down. He doesn't have any idea on how to tell her, only Taeyeon can explain things to her well. 

"I can't explain Yoona. We better go see Taeyeon and you ask her" Baekhyun calmly said and Yoona glanced at Kai and her boyfriend took her hand trying to calm her. 

"Let's go.." Baekhyun said before leading the couple inside. Once they arrived infront of Taeyeon's room, Baekhyun glanced at Kai and Yoona and the couple gave  him a nod. 

Baekhyun turned the knob and as soon as the door opened, he heard laughter coming inside the room. He took a few steps and saw Taeyeon laughing with Hyoyeon who stayed with her when he left. 

Unconciously, a smile crept on his face seeing Taeyeon still being happy and positive despite of all the things that  happening to her. 

"Baekhyun-ah!" Taeyeon said while happily and childishly waving at Baekhyun. He returned her gestures with a smile on his face, it wasn't fake though. 

He smiled wholeheartedly. 

"Hey.. the couple's with me" Baekhyun said while pointing at Yoona and Kai. Taeyeon beamed a smile and felt a sudden force pushing her since Yoona hugged her tightly. 

Hyoyeon on the other hand went to Baekhyun to help him arrange the snacks he brought. "What happened?! Why on earth are you confined here?!" Yoona asked with her tears flowing down on her face. She sat beside Taeyeon and the latter just took a deep breath before speaking. 

"I have a degenerative brain sickness Yoong" Taeyeon said and Yoona's eyes widened. Too surprised, she went speechless that it scared Taeyeon. 

"Hey.. I'm alright" Taeyeon assured but Yoona just hugged her tight while sobbing hard. Taeyeon glanced at Kai and he just gave her a go-on look. 

"What do you mean you're alright?! You're sick" Yoona said while wiping the tears using the back of her hand and Taeyeon chuckled seeing it childish. 

"And you still managed to laugh!" Yoona said with an annoyed voice causing Taeyeon to chuckle and ruffle Yoona's hair. 

"I'm fine.. I really am, don't you like it? Seeing me smile and be positice like this? Come on Yoong, you can do better than that" Taeyeon said jokingly and Yoona pushed her lightly while trying hard not to smile with Taeyeon's antics. 

"Alright.. you win. But remember that I'm always here when you need me" Yoona said and Taeyeon smiled before nodding. 

"Oh, Hyo come here!" Taeyeon said and Hyoyeon excused herself from helping Baekhyun. "Yes?" Hyoyeon asked and Taeyeon excitedly introduced Yoona to her. 

"Yoona meet Hyoyeon.. Hyoyeon meet Yoona. My.. best.. friends" Taeyeon trailed and both of them laughed. Taeyeon just shook her head knowing that she made friends with two dorks. 

"Hi.. nice to meet you!" Hyoyeon said while extending her hand and Yoona gladly accepted it. They shook their hands infront of Taeyeon and the latter just pouted before childishly breaking the two apart. 

"I'm still here!" Taeyeon childishly said causing both of her friends to chuckle. "We know right.." Yoona said and did a highfive with Hyoyeon causing Taeyeon to scowl. 

"Baekhyun-ah.." Taeyeon called while still sulking. "What is it?" Baekhyun softly asked and Taeyeon pointed at Yoona and Hyoyeon who were both trying to control themselves to laugh at Taeyeon's sulking face. 

"She needs her boyfriend~" Yoona cooed and when Taeyeon was about to hit her Yoona jumped off the bed running to Kai. 

Taeyeon just shook her head seeing how her friends interact with each other. A smile crept on her face, she's happy. 

She turned her eyes and met Baekhyun's. Again, she smiled, a warm smile that was only meant for him.

She's complete. 

___________________________________________________________

A/N: okaay.. announcement! 

I don't think I'll be able to update tomorrow or the next coming days. Schoolworks are killing me and it's piling up, I need to hurry and finish it BUT

Rest assured that I won't do a hiatus.. I PROMISE!

So? What do you think of a bubbly Taeyeon? 

So far this is one of the most crucial chapters I have to write ><