Chapter 24

Memories of Yesteryear

"Baekhyun.. don't hate Taeyeon. Maybe she did that so she will be able to leave easily, I know she fell for you too but she's afraid to admit it. Let's just hope she's doing well" 

Yoona's words kept ringing on his head everyday. It had been months after Taeyeon had left but he's still hurting, he never got news about her and it seemed like she doesn't want to let them know where is she. 

He misses her everyday but he can't do anything. All his plans to know where she is, is futile. 

He wanted to get rid of the pain. He wanted to forget her but his heart and mind isn't cooperating well with him. 

Everyday, right after Taeyeon left, he still goes to that same old spot where he used to watch her walk down the street. Call him crazy but not seeing her is like a nightmare to him.

She was his remaining hope and joy. 

But now that she's gone. He felt completely empty. 

He graduated college and got to work and even at a young age, he managed to easily get a promotion and have a great life. 

He got it all. Money and power. 

But never freedom and happiness. 

Feeling suffocated enough, Baekhyun moved out of his parent's house. His father didn't oppose it though but he still kept an eye on Baekhyun.

He is oblivious. 

Oblivious to the fact that his son is suffering from too much pain. Oblivious that his son was so broken that he thought to have attempts of end his life. 

But Baekhyun is still sane and knowing that ending his life won't be a good thing at all. He promised himself to look for Taeyeon. 

To the ends of the earth. 

Work, money, and alcohol are the things that kept revolving around him. He drinks when his mind is clouded with too much sorrow and even just for a short span of time, he forgets Iit but when the morning comes it all goes back again. 

"You got another hangover? Boss had been keeping an eye on you especially when you give the students a tutorial"  Kai said as soon as Baekhyun and him entered their office. 

"I didn't drink last night. I've stopped.." Baekhyun nonchalantly said as he gathered the papers passed by the interns. He's a part of an aviation school now together with Kai.

"That's good then.. but why are you spacing out?" Kai asked as he settled down at the table beside Baekhyun. 

"I didn't know it myself too. I mean I don't remember myself thinking of something" Baekhyun said not even sparing a single glance to Kai who was watching him in suspicion.

"Maybe it's because you're not thinking of something but someone.." Kai said and Baekhyun stopped piling the papers he's holding before giving Kai a look. 

"I've stopped.."

"But you failed.." 

"She's long gone.." 

"But what of she comes back?" 

Silence wins. Kai's right, what would he do when comes back? How would he react?

I-I don't know.." Baekhyun said that almost came out as a whisper. Would Taeyeon still come back? It's going to be year now after she left so he doesn't know what or how should he act. 

"You still love her after all these time.. maybe if she comes back don't let her go" Kai said before patting Baekhyun's shoulder and Baekhyun just pinched the bridge of his nose and heaved out a sigh.

"I don't know.. she's the one who ran away. She can do that again if ever we see each other" Baekhyun said before pushing his chair back and stood up.

"I'm going out first.." 

The plane had landed already and she can't believe that she's back. It's going to be a year right after she left and a lot of things already changed. 

Her brother got a promotion and it made them stay overseas. Making Taeyeon study far away from her friends. 

Far away from Baekhyun. 

It's not that her brother forced her to go with him but they talked about it. She would be selfish if she made Jiwoong reject the offer and stay back in Korea when she knew that something big is waiting for her brother overseas. 

The decision of going with his brother made her make a terrible decision too, and that is to leave the guy who made her believe in love behind. 

She wasn't confused anymore when she asked Baekhyun to stop being her friend but she did that so she can leave freely , so she can leave without heavy heart thinking that the guy she likes will just wait for her. 

She wanted to say yes to him before, back when her brother didn't told her the news. But right after hearing Jiwoong's news and consultation. 

It made her stop. To say yes to him. 

She told Jiwoong about Baekhyun too and how much she loves his company. Jiwoong didn't oppose his sister and in fact he supported her but too bad she's already far away from the guy she likes.

She knows that by now, he's still hating her and she knows she can't blame him. She left without a proper goodbye not to Kai, not to Yoona and especially not to Baekhyun. 

She's at fault. 

She knows that. 

But she's back now, with her brother's help she came back to Korea alone.  After those ten months she had been away the feelings she felt slowly decreased but she's willing to have it back. 

For him.

She looked up in the sky and heaved a sigh. She nervous and she's excited. Her lips lightly twitched upwards as she breathed the fresh air in. 

"I'm back.. for good.." 

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: I did a fastforward. :))

Wait for BaekYeon !!