Chapter 21

Memories of Yesteryear

"Taeyeon why can't--" 

"Give the paper to me and we're done here.." Taeyeon said with a low voice. She's mad, she's frustrated, she's embarrassed. 

"Taeyeon.." Yoona said more like convincing Taeyeon to speak up. Explain why she drew a person's portrait, Baekhyun's portrait to be exact. 

"I don't have anything to explain! Give it to me!" Taeyeon said with a frustrated voice but Yoona was firm about her decision she wants Taeyeon to finally admit it.

"Here.." Baekhyun said after he snatched the paper from Yoona's hand. Seeing Taeyeon frustrated like that made him worry about her, she's different.

Yoona was about to say something when Kai grabbed her hand. Kai just shook his head signalling Yoona not to speak anymore.

Taeyeon just stood there. She was confused on what she should feel, she wanted to get out of this, she doesn't want to give him a false hope.

Not when she knows everything.

"This.." Taeyeon said as she unfolded the paper.

"Should be forgotten.." Taeyeon said as she tore the paper into pieces making Baekhyun stood there frozen. Is she really embarrassed that it made her do that?

"Taeyeon what the hell are you doing?!" Yoona asked with her voice full of irritation. It's now or never for Taeyeon, she lose them or hurt them.

She's confused herself.

"It's nonsense.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun felt like tearing up. Is he really nothing into Taeyeon's eyes? Then what does that portrait mean?

Yoona is not lying, she's not lying. Baekhyun thought.

"C-Can you guys leave us first?" Baekhyun asked with his back facing Kai. He's looking at the ground, he can't prevent the tears.

Seeing Taeyeon destroy the proof that she feels the same way like him hurts too much.

"A-Alright" Kai said before taking his girlfriend with him. Taeyeon stoodd there, not uttering any words. She's too frustrated.

She's mad at herself.

"Taeyeon.. I--"

"I know everything Baekhyun.." Taeyeon said making Baekhyun look up. Their eyes met and Baekhyun can see her emotionless face.

No, he's not ready for another heartbreak.

"H-How.." Baekhyun said. Is he too obvious? No, Taeyeon can't just figure out his feelings with just a hug. He's not ready for her rejection yet. 

"I-I was about to.. to give you back your coat at the hospital when I heard your conversation with Yoona. After hearing that I decided not to go in and see you anymore" Taeyeon said as she took out Baekhyun's coat from his bag and handed it to him.

"So.. so you were there" Baekhyun said in disbelief and Taeyeon nodded. 

"I heard everything.." she answered truthfully and Baekhyun just stood there not knowing what to say or do. So Taeyeon knew about what he really felt? 

But how come she acts like she doesn't know anything? When he hugged her? How come she didn't react if she already knew? 

"But how come.. when.. I hugged you, you didn't push me away? How come you acted like you never heard anything the day before?" Baekhyun asked with his voice full of confusion.

"So you wanted me to just be rude and tell you to stay away from me because of that? Baekhyun, listen everything you saw.. it's just a part of my confusion. The drawing.. everything" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun opened his mouth but no words are coming out. 

"But how come.." Baekhyun said making Taeyeon sigh frustratedly. She wanted this to end, seeing Baekhyun like that made her feel more suffocated. 

"I said I'm confused! When I went home I can't do anything but to kept fidgeting on my seat because of what of heard! I can't focus when I don't have to be like this.." Taeyeon said saying the last part almost like a whisper. She's surprised with her sudden outburst. 

She's frustrated because she's confused. 

"I'll help you.. we'll sort things out together" Baekhyun said. There's no other way anymore, Taeyeon's just confused and he wanted to make sure that the confusion she's feeling will turn out into loving him. 

He can't just let her go like that. Not when he found out that she knows everything already.

"No.. I'll sort this out myself. I don't want to hurt you in the end" Taeyeon said and when Baekhyun tried to hold her hand Taeyeon took a step back. 

He felt hurt. Why doesn't she want to let him in?

"I won't.. I promise.." Baekhyun desperately begged. It wasn't supposed to end up this way, it should be the other way around. 

He can't lose Taeyeon. He can't lose her. 

Not now. 

"Leave me or this friendship ends here.. give me time Baekhyun. I need time" Taeyeon said and with that she walks away. 

It's better that way right? She thought. She doesn't want Baekhyun to expect something from her not when she, herself, doesn't know what to do. 

She wanted to clarify everything first. 

Before taking It to another step. 

"I'll wait.."

She heard him say. How long is she going to make him wait? She doesn't know, she doesn't have an answer. 

But one thing's for sure. 

She'll try hard. 

Taeyeon slumped her back at the couch. Her eyes looking again at the blank ceiling, was it a mistake coming back to the hospital and hearing everything? 

If she's not confused about her feelings would they end up that way? Baekhyun's one of the nicest guy she met and she's thankful that he didn't push himself on her. 

Instead, she's mad at herself for hurting such a nice guy. 

"You're spacing out again. I noticed that you've been like that eversince you came home from the hospital, tell me is there something wrong?" 

Taeyeon heard her brother said.  She just stared at the ceiling not even bothering to give him a single glance. 

"It's nothing.. the  school's been demanding lately" Taeyeon lied. She knew her brother well that if he gets curious he'll get to the extent of stalking his sister just to know why she's acting like that and Taeyeon doesn't like it. 

Sometimes her brother can be so overprotective. 

"Really? How's your homework then?" He asked making Taeyeon sigh. 

"It's fine.." she answered shortly until she remembered her brother's words. What her heart wants. 

Is it really Baekhyun that her heart wants? 

"Is it really him?" Taeyeon muttered with her eyes locked onto the ceiling. 

She hated it. 

Sheet hated his much she's confused. 

"But I don't believe in love.. I'm just going to hurt him" 

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: So what do you think Taeyeon really feels? 

I saw this chapter has a lot of revelation. She even heard Baekhyun's conversation with Yoona at the hospital. 

Poor Baekhyun :'(