Chapter 19

Memories of Yesteryear

"Where's Taeyeon?" Yoona asked as soon as she entered Baekhyun's room. Kai looked around and noticed that Taeyeon was nowhere to be found. 

"She left.." Baekhyun shortly said while looking out of the window not bothering to give a single glance at his friends. He just heard the small faint noises coming from the plastic bag Kai was holding. 

"Why?" Yoona asked again and Baekhyun turned his gaze to them. 

"Her brother picked her up.." Baekhyun said and Yoona nodded. Taeyeon's brother must have went home from work early. 

"Aren't you bored?" 

This time it was Kai that asked. Baekhyun gave his friend a small, faked smile and Kai immediately knew he was lying. 

"It's better here.." Baekhyun said and Kai took a seat beside him. He patted Baekhyun's shoulder and gave his friend a worriedly look. 

"Baekhyun.. I know it's hard for you but be positive" Kai said trying to pursue Baekhyun. The events yesterday already made a scar on Baekhyun's heart.. and even mind. 

"Mind telling me what's really going on?" Yoona asked before crossing her arms. Baekhyun and Kai gave each other glances before nodding.

"I..uh..I tried to confess to Taeyeon yesterday but I got an indirect rejection" Baekhyun said and Yoona sighed getting what Baekhyun meant. Sometimes, Taeyeon can be dumb even when she's the smartest student in class. 

"What did she say?" Yoona asked.

"That she doesn't believe in love and that she doesn't like the type of guy who would befriend her and then later on confess to her.. so before I can continue what I want to say.. I took everything back and told her that I liked her as my friend" Baekhyun said and Yoona listened intently. 

"I'm sorry Baekhyun but Taeyeon's really like that. But try to understand her and never give up on her, I know someday she'll believe in love just like what Kai had done" Yoona said and Baekhyun nodded before exhaling deeply.

"I don't blame her Yoona.. I blame myself for being a coward, for being afraid to get hurt" Baekhyun said with his voice full of remorse and Kai patted his back gently.

"But never give up on Taeyeon alright? I know you stand a chance" Yoona said before giving Baekhyun a reassuring smile. 

"I just hope so.." Baekhyun muttered trying to build his confidence again. It was indirect right? He's not going to be a coward. 

"Taeyeon's hands will tell.." Yoona said and the two shot her a confused looked. Yoona just smiled.

"What does that mean?" Kai asked and Baekhyun slowly nodded agreeing with Kai's question. 

"She'll draw the face of the person she likes.. I can hardly recall it but she said that if ever love comes true to her and that she'll believe in it. She will draw the person she likes, so don't worry her hands can tell" Yoona said and Baekhyun nodded silently hoping that someday, Taeyeon will reciprocate his feelings. 

"Thank you Yoona.. for letting me go after your friend" Baekhyun sincerely said and Yoona smiled. 

"Taeyeon needs you too. I know she needs a guy like you as much as I need a guy like Kai" Yoona said and Baekhyun playfully nudged Kai who was going red as a tomato. 

"You're lucky.." Baekhyun said and Kai shyly smiled. Yoona just pinched his cheeks. 

"Enough PDA.. I felt left out" Baekhyun said and the couple laughed. 

"Alright then.. alright" Kai said and Baekhyun smiled before patting Kai's shoulder and giving Yoona a sincere smile. 

"Thank you for being my friends.."

On the other hand, Taeyeon kept fidgeting on her study table and she doesn't even know why. She wanted to finish her homework but she can't come up with something to draw. 

"I think you need help?" 

Taeyeon heard her brother's voice. Taeyeon turned her chair and gave him a pout, he chuckled seeing Taeyeon's actions. 

"I can't finish my homework.." Taeyeon groaned frustratingly making Jiwoong chuckle. "What's your homework?" He asked before taking a glance at Taeyeon's back. 

Taeyeon grabbed her sketchpad and showed the blank page to Jiwoong. 

He just smiled making Taeyeon playfully glare at him. 

"Then.. what should we do about it?" Jiwoong asked before taking a seat at the edge of Taeyeon's bed. 

"Think of what I should draw" Taeyeon simply said and Jiwoong glanced at his wristwatch before standing up and ruffling Taeyeon's hair. 

"What's the drawing about?" Jiwoong asked and Taeyeon sighed. "It's up to me.." Taeyeon lazily said Jiwoong smiled. 

"Just draw what your heart wants and not what your mind tells"

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: I can smell something fishy with Taeyeon's HOMEWORK. 

can anyone guess it? Hohoho