Chapter 16

Memories of Yesteryear

"Baekhyun.. what happened with your face?" 

Taeyeon asked as soon as she stood up. His face was swollen and there's a little amount of dry blood on his cheeks, he tried to speak, he tried to explain. 

But no words came out of his mouth.

"Tell me why are you crying first..." Baekhyun said and when he tried to reach out his hand and wipe her tears away, Taeyeon took a step backward. 

Her gaze dropped.

He felt bewildered. He expected that she won't avoid him but no, he felt more disappointment when he saw her eyes filled with fear.

Is he worth to be afraid of? He doesn't even know what's running on Taeyeon's mind, maybe she thought that the reason behind his wound is because he's a bad guy. Maybe she doesn't like boys who do fistfights. 

No, he can't let her think of him that way. 

"Baekhyun.  Let's not talk about it" Taeyeon said as their eyes met. The seriousness in her voice was all new to him, and he have to admit that it was somewhat scary to him. 

"Alright.. if you say so. Let's go back and meet them up" Baekhyun said as he turned and walked away. Taeyeon just followed behind him silently, his voice was cold and it made her fear that she had said something wrong. 

They met up with the couple and Yoona saw Baekhyun's swollen face. She approached her and gave Kai a questioning look. 

"Can we not talk about it here? Let's go buy something for Baekhyun at the store nearby" Kai said and before Baekhyun could protest, Yoona was already dragging him out of the school gates. 

"I'll be the one to buy my food.." Baekhyun coldly said as soon as they got a small table in front of the store. The three just nodded and took their seats while Baekhyun went inside. 

"What happened to him?!" Yoona questioned as soon as Baekhyun was out of sight. 

"He got some beatings from an angry classmate.." Kai said and Yoona gave him a questioning look. Taeyeon just kept silent, attentively listening to what Kai is saying and what he's about to say. 

"Why would he?" Yoona asked. She glanced at Taeyeon and saw that Taeyeon was giving her a worried look. 

"Well that guy had been hating Baekhyun eversince he got to be the first in rank. Baekhyun never did anything wrong but hat guy was too much, don't worry he didn't hit back" Kai said and Yoona nodded before turning her gaze to Taeyeon. 

"What happened with the two of you?" Yoona asked suspiciously and Taeyeon doesn't know what to say. Did something wrong happened? She too doesn't know, Baekhyun just turned cold all of a sudden. 

"I don't know. I just told him not to meddle with my problem and then he turned that way" Taeyeon said and Kai sighed. The two girls turned their gaze on him.

"Actually.. I think he's planning to tell you about his exams but then felt rejected when you told him not to meddle with your business. Baekhyun's a sensitive guy.. he just cares about you so maybe next time if he turns out to ask you so many questions on what you're doing bear with it" Kai explained and Taeyeon nodded. 

She was about to speak again when Baekhyun came out with some foods. 

"Here. My treat" Baekhyun curtly said before taking the empty seat beside Taeyeon. Kai and Yoona just stole glances with each other before nodding. 

"Oh.." Yoona said making Baekhyun stopped eating his noodles. "I remember, dad told me to come home early today. Sorry Baekhyun, and congratulations for ranking first" Yoona said before taking her bag and standing up. 

"I'll take her home.." Kai said and they walked away without even waiting for Baekhyun or Taeyeon to say anything. Not they're left with awkwardness. 

"Let's go home.." Baekhyun said and is about to stand up when Taeyeon grabbed his wrist making him sit again. He watched her take a purse out of her bag. 

"What are you doing?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon lightly wiped the dried blood on Baekhyun's face using her handkerchief. She saw him flinch a little and stopped what she's doing. 

"Stop moving your face away.. if you kept on moving backward I won't tell you why I cried" Taeyeon said and just like that Baekhyun obeyed her like a puppy. 

"Alright.." Baekhyun said and after removing the dried blood off his face. Taeyeon took out a blue band aid with a teddy bear print on it. 

Baekhyun's eyes widened. 

"Yah! That's teddy bear!" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon just laughed seeing Baekhyun's surprised face. "So?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun made a disgusted face. 

"Don't you dare put that one me!" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled. "Come on.. just this time" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook his head. 

"Fine.." Taeyeon answered before crossing her arms and Baekhyun chuckled seeing Taeyeon adorably cute. 

"Alright.  Put that on me" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon's face lit up instantly. She softly and carefully put the band aid on his cheek, not even forgetting to give the tip of his nose a light tap. 

"There.. all done" she beamed a smile and Baekhyun smiled too. Well, only a small one since his heart beamed so fast again like it's going to get out of his chest.

"Thank you" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon shook her head before caressing the band aid that was on his face. Baekhyun froze on husband spot but of course Taeyeon was oblivious of it. 

"Don't let yourself be hurt again alright? I'm happy that you didn't hit the guy back" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled awkwardly. 

"I.. I won't" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled warmly. 

"Now sorry if I treated you like that. I'm just too caught up earlier" Taeyeon apologized and Baekhyun shook his head before giving her a reassuring smile. 

"No, it's alright" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon slowly nodded. 

"So.. why..did.. you cried earlier?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon sighed. She can trust him right? He's not going to be like the others right?

"It's just.. people bully me. Being an orphan means a lot to them and it hurts me, everytime they make me remember how painful my life is to lose my parents so early. They judge me.. despisingly.. I hate myself" Taeyeon said and her eyes are starting to tear up. 

Unconsciously, Baekhyun hugged her wanting to comfort her. He hated seeing her cry, it kills him and he felt useless. He can't bear to see her be weak like that. 

"Shh, what they say isn't important. Just.. just smile it lighten things up" Baekhyun said remembering what his friend, Kyungsoo said. It helped him even little, well mostly Taeyeon was his reason to smile. 

"Thank you.. for being my friend.. for accepting me" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled still hugging her. They both felt comfortable and neither one of them wanted to end it. 

"Never think negatively about yourself alright? You won't know.. maybe the traits you hate are the ones that can make people like you" Baekhyun said trying to sooth her. 

Everything is clear to him now, and he knows the reason behind those sad eyes. 

"How? People hate me.. an orphan like me. Don't you hate me too?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun sighed. 

"Why would I hate you when I already like you?" 

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: I can feel the love in the air~~~

I'm done plotting the sequel of I don't want to be an idol! Let's partyyyy! 

And also thank you for the upvotes, subscriptions and comments! 

Keep 'em coming guys! I love you all~`!!