Chapter 70

Memories of Yesteryear

"Careful dad.." Baekhyun said as his dad stepped on the front porch. Looking around, the sun is shining brightly and everything seemed perfect not like what had happened earlier.

"I know.. I'm just happy being home again" His dad said and Baekhyun faked a smile. No, it's not that he's not happy to see his dad be back home again but he's thinking of what should he do with his mom that had been trying to get their forgiveness. 

His to be exact.

"I know.. let's go in Taeyeon's waiting" Baekhyun said and was about to hold the knob when his father stopped him from doing so by asking a question.

"She's here?" He asked making his son turn to him and nod.

"I made her stay here dad.. I hope you don't mind" Baekhyun said and his dad patted his shoulder before giving him a warm smile.

"I'm not going to mind it, you know that I lile her for you right? My only question is, is she okay staying with us? Doesn't she  feel uncomfortable in any way?" Baekhyun's father asked and Baekhyun smiled befpre shaking his head reassuringly.

"No dad.. We're fine with this. Let's go in" Baekhyun said and he opened the door for his dad. Entering, he saw that the house is well taken care of making him smile. 

Baekhyun, upon seeing this smiled in contentment.

"Oh.. hi there.. dad" Taeyeon greeted in surprise as soon as she got out of the kitchen and saw Baekhyun and his father stand in the middle of the living room.

"Oh, hi there Taeyeon! I'm glad to see you here" Baekhyun's father said as he approached Taeyeon and gave the girl a hug making Baekhyun chuckle.

"I'm glad to see you home too dad.. Uhm, oh, I remember I made you lunch" Taeyeon said while pointing her thumb back at the kitchen making the old man smile.

"Thank you then.. honestly I haven't eaten yet so I'm kind of hungry" Baekhyun's father said and Taeyeon smiled in amazement before nodding her head.

"Let me prepare then.." Taeyeon said before going back to the kitchen and Baekhyun's father turned to him before giving him a proud smile.

"You got the right girl son.." He said but before Baekhyun can react, he already left. Letting out a soft chuckle, Baekhyun felt a bit better knowing that this may be a start for him to have a new family again, of course with Taeyeon and his dad.

"Baekhyun, come here.." Hearing his girlfriend's voice. Baekhyun nodded his head, maybe this changes everything, he thought as he made his way to see them.

"Alright.. here you go. Welcome home daddy" Taeyeon said as she served Baekhyun's dad his food.

"Thank you Taeyeon.." Baekhyun's father said as he sniled widely causing Taeyeon to smile too. "Whoa there, daddy?" Baekhyun asked in confusion and Taeyeon turned to him before nodding her head.

"Yes.. daddy asked me to call him that way" Taeyeon said while this time, she was serving Baekhyun's food. Upon seeing this, Baekhyun's dad smiled secretly.

"Oh.. ok then. Thank you" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled before nodding her head. "You two really looked good together" Baekhyun's father suddenly voiced out making the couple look at him.

"What did you say dad?" Baekhyun asked. 

"You two look good together, by the way, how did you two met?" He asked and the two looked at each other before smiling.

 

"At.. a.. uhm. School festival" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded agreeing with him. "But I knew her already before that.." Baekhyun added causing Taeyeon to look at him in confusion.

"You do?" Both his father and Taeyeon asked. "How did you met her specifically?" His dad asked again and this made Baekhyun felt like he's in the hot seat.

"Yeah, I know Taeyeon before we met but that time I didn't know her name yet.. I just recognize her face.." Baekhyun explained and the two nodded notioning him to go on.

"I.. used to.. uhm.. watch her go to school until one day we met at her school's festival because of my friend.. but.. that guy was courting her that time too" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded.

"How about  you Taeyeon?" Baekhyun's father askes as soon as he diverted his eyes on Taeyeon. "M-Me?" Taeyeon asked.

"Yes.. what did you liked about my son?" He asked causing Taeyeon to smile. "I like everything about him" Taeyeon confidently said causing Baekhyun to smile sheepishly.

"What about you, young man?" His father asked while looking at Baekhyun intently as if daring him to spill out everything.

"So do I dad.  I love everything about Taeyeon.." Baekhyun stated while looking at Taeyeon making the latter smile too.

The day went well for the three of them especially with the couple, Baekhyun's father got a call from an institution helping him to take therapies to somewhat treat his alzheimers making all of then happy with it, especially Baekhyun.

Later that evening.

Everyone in the whole neighborhood including Baekhyun's house is already fast asleep letting the night pass but it seems like a person have to face the long night alone. Sitting alone at the porch, feeling the cold breeze of the night, Taeyeon is sitting on the bench placed in the front porch of the house.

She looked out in the sky and it seems like the big bright moon was looking back at her. Letting out a deep breath, Taeyeon forced a smile. 

She's happy and she never felt this kind of happiness before, not after she met Baekhyun. He's the one who brought back the colors to her life and she treasures him with all her heart. 

"Hey.." a familiar voice broke her chain of thoughts and before she can look up, she felt that warmth around her. 

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" Baekhyun asked while looking sideways to her with his arm draped over her shoulder. Resting her head on his chest, Taeyeon let out a contented sigh feeling his warmth.

"Cause I can't sleep.." Taeyeon simply said making Baekhyun chuckle. "It's bad for your health, you know" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled before looking up to him.

"It's just for once, don't worry" Taeyeon said before resuming back to looking at the bright moon in the sky. Baekhyun on the other hand just looked and watched her while smiling, he leaned in and kissed the top of her head and Taeyeon didn't move and hugged him tighter.

"Thank you.." Taeyeon muttered and Baekhyun smiled. 

"For what?" He asked.

"For loving me and never giving up on me.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook his head before pulling her closer to him while enjoying her warmth.

"You don't have to thank me.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled. 

"So do I need to take it back?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun made a bit his lower lip before furrowing his eyebrows. 

"Not necessarily.." He said and Taeyeon chuckled again.

"See.." She said.

"But don't thank me.. cause I'm doing this all for you, for us" Baekhyun stated and Taeyeon nodded before looking up on him again. 

"Then I have to thank the heavens for giving me you.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun lightly pinched her nose before giving her a quick kiss.

"That'll surely do.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled before returning the kiss. 

"Stay with me forever alright?" Taeyeon said before lightly tapping his nose.

 

"I will.."

 

Days have passed, weeks have gone by and there was nothing better than to spend all your time with your family, that's what Baekhyun's logic is. He got a nice job back at his old school, his dad gets the best therapy and his relationship with the girl he loves the most was perfect. 

What more could he wish for right?

Despite of all those trials, those pain, those burden and those worries, he got the people whom he knows will stay with him until the very end. 

It was just like the other typical day and Baekhyun is walking back home. He stopped as he saw the front gate, opening the wooden gates that was just as high as his waist, Baekhyun saw his father sitting on a chair in the front lawn. 

He just called his girlfriend before going out from work and Taeyeon told him or more like asked him if she can visit her old house first and Baekhyun agreed knowing that his father doesn't need any company anymore since his therapy is working well besides he knows that Taeyeon needs sone time alone too.

But he have to admit that he misses her badly even when he just saw her this morning.

"Hey dad.." Baekhyun greeted happily as he approached his dad. Looking up to him, Baekhyun saw his father's emotionless face. 

"Young man.. have you seen my son?" His father asked and Baekhyun furrowed his brows not getting what his father meant.

"D-Dad.." Baekhyun trailed as fear starts to eat him up.

"Can you bring him to me? I need to see my son before I die, I want to tell my son I love him. Can you bring Baekhyun to me? Can you bring my only son to me? I really really need to see him" Baekhyun's father said and this time Baekhyun knew what was happening. 

"B-But.." Baekhyun said and was about to tell him that he is his son. 

"I want to hug my son.. I want to say sorry for hurting him can you bring him to me?" His father asked with tears filling his eyes and Baekhyun can't do anything but to nod.

"I.. I will" Baekhyun said.

"Y-You know, I'm.. I'm proud of him. He's the best son, can you tell him that?" He asked and Baekhyun nodded fighting the tears that are threatening to fall down from his eyes.

"I.. I love him. I love my son" His father said and Baekhyun nodded before smiling. Yes, he's in good terms with his dad now but never did he heard him say he loves him not even after they reconciled and this made Baekhyun overjoyed despite of the situation now.

"I.. I sure he.. he loves you too and.. and that he's not mad at you anymore for hurting him" Baekhyun stated and his dad held his shoulder before looking straight into eyes before smiling a little. 

"I just want to show and tell him how sorry I am.." His father said and Baekhyun smiled before nodding his head.

"I'm sure.. he knows that already" Baekhyun said or more told his dad truthfully.

"Where.. is your dad young man and why are you here?" He asked and Baekhyun opened his mouth and closed it again. 

"He's.. he's not here and your.. your son is my friend. I'm going to look for your son" Baekhyun said as he smiled and stood up before wiping his eyes with his sleeve.

Turning around, he saw Taeyeon standing a few meters away from him. Not able to hold it any longer, he ran to her and hugged her tight burting all his tears out. 

She just hugged him back and whispered soothing words to him, she knew he wasn't sad but he instead was happy because of everything he heard from his father, she's there and she heard everything.

Tightening his hug around her body, he murmured words that only her can understand. 

"Dad loves me.. dad loves me" 

___________________________________________________________

A/N: THIS FANFIC NEEDS TO END SOON. 

10 Chapters to go and it's finished oh yeah~  but don't worry BaekYeon til the end, right? 

*smirks*

I'm already starting the next fic, hoho tell me what you expect and oh, who likes sestal here?

Tell meeee~