Chapter 4

Memories of Yesteryear

"Baekhyun!" 

Baekhyun heard a voice said when he got out of the house. Another day had started again and yet there he is. Doing things over and over again.

There's nothing new and he's already used to it.

Kyungsoo approached him and saw that his friend's house is just a few blocks away. It made Baekhyun frown, thinking that his father might just say something about to him about having too many friends. 

"Oh.. Hi" Baekhyun said trying to have a cheerful voice early in the morning. He doesn't want to be rude to his newly found friend, he have to be nice. 

They just met a few days ago.

"Are you going to school? Let's go together" Kyungsoo excitedly invited but Baekhyun on the other hand was contemplating whether to join or not. 

Because if he do, he might not be able to see that girl. 

But he said he would give up right? So there will be no use if he will just go and watch her again.

But then, Kyungsoo goes to the same arts school. He can be a way for him to see her. 

"Are you alright?" Kyungsoo asked making Baekhyun went back to reality. He lifted his head up and nodded before riding his bike. 

"Uh.. yeah I am.." Baekhyun said and together they leave. Kyungsoo also had a bike with him and since it was still early they decided to go on a moderate speed. 

Enough to admire the simple beauty of their place. 

"Baekhyun, why did you choose aeronautics?" Kyungsoo asked out of nowhere making Baekhyun think too. He doesn't know what to say  but by the looks of it Kyungsoo seemed to be a good person.

"It wasn't mine. It's my father's.." Baekhyun said with his melancholic voice. Kyungsoo noticed it and nodded, he felt that his friend wasn't happy at all. 

"But if it wasn't for him.. What would you choose?" Kyungsoo asked cautiously. He doesn't want to offense anyone nonetheless his new friend. 

"Music.." Baekhyun said shortly but then his grip on his bike tightened as he remembered nostalgic memories. He just breathed heavily. 

He remembered how his father would mercilessly rip and tear all of the song compositions he made. He remembered how his dad would just shout at him telling him that he doesn't  have any future with that at all.

"How about you?" Baekhyun asked and he saw his friend smile. Baekhyun just watched him, Kyungsoo looks like he's got all.

"Music is my first love and my parents never opposed. They have supported me all through out and they kept pursuing me to continue it.." 

Kyungsoo said and without any doubt Baekhyun knows that Kyungsoo was more than happy with it. But he on the other hand is forced to take another way. 

He's not happy with it. He's not happy how his family nonetheless his dad neglects him.

And because of that he built a wall around his heart so he won't experience any pain. He envied his friend, he envied how free Kyungsoo is.

He envied how much freedom Kyungsoo has.

"You're lucky.." Baekhyun said as he forced a smile and they both halted to a stop when they arrived in front of the arts school. 

Kyungsoo got off his bike and patted Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun just gave him a small smile. 

"I know sometimes things don't go the way we wanted it but always try to smile. It can lighten things up" Kyungsoo advised and Baekhyun nodded before smiling a little. 

"Thank you..." Baekhyun sincerely said and Kyungsoo nodded. 

"Oh hey, let me tour you around the school. I'll wait here" Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun nodded before he went away. He arrived at his own school and saw Kai waiting for him there. 

"So, did you see her again today? You're a few minutes late" Kai said and Baekhyun put his bike aside before turning to his friend. He dusted his pants before speaking. 

"No, I'm with Kyungsoo" Baekhyun simply said and they walked inside the building. 

"Oh, the one you met a few days ago? But hey, you really gave up?!" Kai asked with his voice a notch higher making Baekhyun gave him an annoyed look.

"Yes, it's him. But considering Kyungsoo's offer I think I can try to know her again" Baekhyun said and Kai gave him a confused look. 

He doesn't know what Baekhyun meant and that's what he dislike about his friend, he is unpredictable. 

"What's his offer?" Kai curiously asked. "He invited me to go to his school later.." Baekhyun said and they entered the classroom with Kai following him without uttering words. 

"So you're considering it as a way to see her?" Kai smartly asked and Baekhyun hummed as an answer. "That's..great" Kai said with his voice hinting some doubt. Baekhyun gave him a questioning look. 

"Why?" Baekhyun asked. "It's just there are a lot of students there unlike here. It would be hard.." Kai said and Baekhyun just stared outside the window without saying anything anymore. 

He's determinated. That's the most important. 

"I'm glad you came.." Kyungsoo said as he saw Baekhyun approaching him with his friend at through back. "It would be rude if I ditch you.." Baekhyun said and Kyungsoo nodded before offering his hand to Kai. 

"You must be Kai.. Pleasure to meet you" Kyungsoo said and Kai politely took Kyungsoo's hand before shaking it. 

"You must be Kyungsoo. Pleasure to meet you too" Kai said and Kyungsoo nodded. Baekhyun just watched them and the two turned their attention to him now. 

"Let's go inside.." Kyungsoo said and the two followed him. They went around the school, met some students and saw how good the facilities was. 

It was a lot more different than the aeronautics school. The atmosphere was much more warm but then comparing to the school size the aeronautics school is much more bigger than the arts school. 

But then only a few students go there. The aeronautics school Baekhyun goes to is a well known school, they choose the best students. 

Baekhyun sighed as he imagined going there at the arts school instead of the aeronautics one. Maybe he would be the happiest person. 

But that wasn't the case. It will never be. 

"So this is the last room where the painters at. Students here are good at drawing" Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun peeked at the door's window and saw two students inside. The one was backfacing them and the other one was standing facing them. 

She looked familiar. She's tall, she has a black hair and her doe eyes looked captivating. She's beautiful in a simple way but Baekhyun shrugged it off. 

The girl he likes was much more beautiful to him.

Back at the two students inside the room. 

"Taeyeon, are you going to pass your sketches?" Yoona asked her bestfriend. Taeyeon raised her brows before giving her friend a confused look. 

"Pass that?" Yoona asked then she pointed the papers Taeyeon is holding. "Oh, yes.. See you later" Taeyeon said and she walked to the door behind Yoona. 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun saw the girl who was backfacing them left right when Kyungsoo opened the door. She got out on their classroom but Baekhyun wasn't able to see her face since she walked away from them. 

She too doesn't seem like having any idea about the outsider's presence. On the other hand, the girl she's talking to approached them. 

Since the room has two doors, the one at the front and the one at the back, she decided to see who the unfamiliar people are. 

"Oh, hi Kyungsoo. Are you looking for someone?" She asked as she approached the guys who were standing at the back door. 

"No, I'm just touring my new friends around the campus. They're from the aeronautics school.. Guys, meet Yoona one of the best dancers in the school.. Yoona meet Baekhyun and Kai" Kyungsoo said and Yoona gave them a smile before giving them a hand. 

Baekhyun accepted it while Kai seemed to be dazed by her. 

"Oh, welcome.." Yoona said as she smiled. Kyungsoo looked around trying to find someone. Yoona noticed it and chuckled. 

"Are you looking for someone?" Yoona asked with a hint of teasing in her voice but Kyungsoo abruptly shook his head before waving his hand. 

"No.. No" Kyungsoo said and Yoona chuckled probably knowing why Kyungsoo is acting like that. 

"She just left.." Yoona said and Kyungsoo nodded. "Thanks but we'll leave now" Kyungsoo said and they left the classroom using the back door leaving Yoona there. 

Right after the guys did, Taeyeon entered the classroom using the front door. 

"You won't just believe who is here earlier" Yoona said with a happy voice. Taeyeon gave her a confused looked while fixing her bag. 

"It's Kyungsoo. Together with two aeronautics students.." Yoona said and Taeyeon lifted her head up wondering why such students would bother to visit their campus.

"Aeronautics students?" Taeyeon asked. 

"Yes, they're nice. I remember their names are Kai and Baekhyun?" Yoona said with an unsure voice when she spoke the last name. 

"Baekhyun?" Taeyeon questioned and Yoona nodded.

"Yes, Baekhyun.."

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: Double update! They almost met! 

But I won't let it happen *evil laugh*. Aww, Baekhyun doesn't have any idea that it was HER at all.

Thanks for reading!