Chapter 51

Memories of Yesteryear

"Hi kids! Are you ready for today?" Sunny asked excitedly as she entered the classroom with a cart full of musical instruments. The kids tapped the tables excitedly after they went back to their own seats. Dunny glanced at the couple and gave them a proud smile. 

"Yes!" The class answered in chorus which madr Taeyeon smile widely. She loves the atmosphere there and now she missed being back to school when all she have to do is study and get good grades, she felt like wanting to go back to her childhood and enjoy it as much as she wants. 

Baekhyun on the other hand doesn't felt good. He felt happy there, no doubt, but then he saw his childhood at the back of his mind again and it made him hurt a bit. This is where he started liking music and this is where his hopes are crushed when his father stopped him from doing so. Yes, his childhood isn't that great abnd hr admits it, his past still hunts him dowb and it hurts. 

It hurts so much. 

"Hey are you okay?" Taeyeon asled with a worried voice when she saw anger and sadness in Baekhyun's eyes. She held his hand and gently squeezed it and Baekhyun gave her a weak smile. 

"These kids are creeping me out. You know.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled believing his little lie. 

"They're nice. Just like me.." Taeyeon playfully said and Baekhyun forced a chuckle. "You're nicer.." Baekhyun answered back and before Taeyeon can speak the students rushed to Sunny to get their own musical instruments. 

Baekhyun, on the other hand, watched the students with envy. He remembered, everytime they have a music class back when he was young, he would enthusiastically join but when his father noticed his passion for music, he immediately prevented Baekhyun from doing further than holding those things. 

"Okay class, let's head to the garden now!" Sunny instructed and the class formed two lines for boys and girls. Taeyeon lined up to the girls' line while Baekhyun went to the boys. Taeyeon saw this and chuckled and seeing his girlfriend happy enough. 

It made him happy too.

Just to see her smile, he would do everything. 

"Okay! Let's sit!" Sunny said as soon as they arrive in the garden. Baekhyun and Taeyeon walked to Sunny and she gave them a smile.

"So class I want you to meet my visitors.. Taeyeon unnie and Baekhyun hyung!" Sunny saod and the lids did hi"s and hello's making Taeyeon smile in delight. 

She loves kids. Baekhyun saw this.

"So, what do you want to sing?" Sunny asled and the kids grew silent thinking of what song they will sing since probably they sang all the nursery rhymes they know. Now, singing it for the second time will bore them.

"Visitors sing please.." One of the students said and the cluple looked at each other before letting out a chuckle. 

"Who?" Sunny asked and the kids pointed their fongers at Baekhyun who now have a surprised look on his face. 

"Me?" Baekhyun asked while pointing at himself and the students nodded wanting to hear him sing. 

"I..don't..sing" Baekhyun trailed off with his voice sounding like a hesitation in the end. He doesn't sing that's what his father reminds him everytime. 

"Come on.. I know you do. I want to hear your voice too so please sing?" Taeyeon pleaded and Baekhyun turned his eyes away not trusting himself since he knows that he will end up saying saying yes to his girlfriend. 

"No and no" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon huffed before going to the students and gathering them with Sunny leaving him behind. After a minute or two, Taeyeon turned back and Baekhyun raised his brows asking her if she already changed her mind.

"1,2,3" Taeyeon counted and the students with their loud voices shouted 'please sing' repeatedly causing Baekhyun to sigh and grab the nearby guitar resting on the ground and took a seat on the log that's infront of the students. 

"Yay!" The students cheered as they did a victory dance together with Taeyeon causing Sunny to chuckle.

"You can do it!" Taeyeon cheered before giving him a thumbs up. "Whaat.. do you want me to sing?" Baekhyun asked nervously since he doesn't know any nursery rhymes that the children would like. He also know that if he sings a song that the kids didn't know, they will surelt ignore him and do different things instead. 

"Anything!" One of the students said and Baekhyun made a skeptical look. "Anything specific?" Baekhyun asked again slowly getting comfortable infront of the kids. 

"Your song for Taeyeon unnie!" One of the students said. Those kids are smart, he thought. 

"Alright.." Baekhyun said and took a deep breath before holding the guitar tight. He hoped that he would remember eveything he learned about playing that thing. 

I figured it out, I figured it out from black and white

Seconds and hours, maybe they had to take some time

I know how it goes, I know how it goes from wrong to right

Silence to sound

Did they ever hold each other tight like us?

Did they ever fight like us?

 

You and I we don't wanna be like them

We can make it till the end

Nothing can come between

 

You and I 

Not even the gods above

Can seperate the two of us

No nothing can come betwee  you and I

Oh you and I

While listening to his song, Taeyeon liked his voice more and more. She knew he likes music but she never expected his voice to be good like that. 

It was warns, it was soothing, it was the best voice she heard and it made her fall deeper for him. His song was talking to her, to the two of them, she felt it. He doesn't want to give her up.

As what the song had said, nothing can come between them.

Nothing can seperate them.

She stared at his face and see those little details clearly. But slowly, her vision started to get blurry again. 

His face was a blur to her. 

She closed her eyes tightly and just like that she can clearly see again. But before she can feel relieved enough, she felt her leg had a sudden cramp.

It was painful but as quick as the cramp went it disappeared quickly too. She wanted to scream for help but the unique smile on Baekhyun's face stopped him from doing so. 

It feared her. 

It really feared her. 

"Hey, are you alright?" Baekhyun asked breaking her chain of thoughts. 

She looked up and gave him a fake smile. 

"I'm alright.."

___________________________________________________________

A/N: school .-. 

Oh.. about my plans in writing stories sooner or later I'm making an apocalypse fanfic and it's not going to be like my previous fanfics since it won't only focus on a few characters.. 

It will be have a big character count but.. but.. but.. 

I will not give you anything about the 'main characters'.