Chapter 5

Memories of Yesteryear

"I think, I'm inlove" 

"What?" Baekhyun asked as soon as Kai blurted out those words. Never, never did he heard Kai said those words once. It startled him, knowing that his friend changed. 

"I said I'm inlove" Kai said while dramatically holding on his chest and looking up in the ceiling with a wide smile. Baekhyun didn't expect it coming especially from Kai, the person who never believed in love. 

"That's.. New.." Baekhyun said wondering what had gotten into his friend. Kai never really believed in love before, he clearly remembered how his friend despised all the couples.

Well, that's because he's from a broken family. Baekhyun knows it's the reason. 

"I don't understand myself. But hey, that girl's different" Kai said while picturing Yoona's face in his mind. He felt giddy, he felt like she's the one he needs. 

"People change Kai. It's alright, go for it" Baekhyun encourage but then he saw worries filling up his friend's eyes. He cared, that's why he leaned in and grabbed his friend's shoulder. 

"That's the problem.." Kai said and Baekhyun removed his hand from his friend's shoulder. Giving him a worried look Baekhyun shook his head. 

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked and Kai sighed heavily before facing his friend.

"Dad set me up to his bestfriend's daughter. It's tonight" Kai said worriedly and Baekhyun nodded fully understanding his friend's situation. 

Of course he does. All his life his father was the one controlling over him and never, never did he complained about a single thing. 

"Do what's right but I'm not telling you to ditch them. Just think of it, thoroughly" Baekhyun said and Kai nodded. Looking at his wrist watch, Kai gave him an apologetic look.

"Dad's going to be home in a few minutes. See you tomorrow" Kai said and Baekhyun nodded. 

"See you.." 

Again, unwillingly Baekhyun decided to go home after going from the arts school. He should be home an hour ago but then he doesn't want to. 

He doesn't feel free there. Parking his bike inside the lawn, Baekhyun stealthily opened the front door expecting his parents to be gone but then he saw all of his music sheets on the floor of the living room. 

"Dad.." Baekhyun said barely audible. His father's eyes is sending daggers and it was filled with anger, he slowly picked all the paper up but felt being pushed on the floor. 

He looked up and saw his father looking at him angrily. He grabbed Baekhyun's collar and hit him. Baekhyun fell back because of the pain. 

"Didn't I tell you to stop doing this?! You have no future there! Stop it because you're useless! What did I tell you to do? I told you not to step inside that arts school and yet you still did! Are you trying to oppose me now?!" His father said angrily and Baekhyun kept mum. 

He made sure that all of his compositions are well hidden but then there was his father. He found it and now he's being hit again. 

"Sorry.." 

That's all that he had said. He felt like rebelling again his father but he knows he can't, he knows he can't fight. 

"Stop this.." His father said as he lit up his lighter and burned all of the compositions he has. Everything that keeps him from loving music was destroyed and yet again a year of his hardwork was wasted. 

"You're nothing but a pilot. You have to pursue that and continue. You understand?!" His father said and Baekhyun meekly nodded before slowly standing up. 

Weakly entering his room. He wanted to cry but there were no tears coming out, maybe he's already used to the hitting and hurtful words from his own father that he never cried again. 

But then the pain was still there, mentally and physically. 

He felt like he's not loved at all. His mother can't do anything for him too. 

But then his father's right. 

He's useless. He's just an object in the eyes of his father. 

Never did he felt like being a son to him. 

He's nothing. 

"What happened with your face?!" Kai asked and Baekhyun slowly looked up on his friend before looking out of the window again. 

"Tell me" Kai's stern voice made him sigh in defeat. He looked down as he felt that agony again. He felt like crap.

"Got beatings from dad yesterday.." Baekhyun said with a low voice making Kai groan in frustration. He knows how Baekhyun's father treats his friend and he doesn't like it. 

"What happened?" Kai asked and Baekhyun chuckled sarcastically. "It my fault.." Baekhyun said and Kai ruffled his hair in frustration. 

"I know you. You always blame yourself for this!" Kai said in annoyance and Baekhyun just kept his mouth shut. His friend was right after all, he can never ever even blame his father after all that he had done.

"It's okay. Let's not talk about it anymore by the way how's the set up?" Baekhyun asked as he crossed his arms and Kai took a seat on his table giving Baekhyun the brightest  smile he could. 

Baekhyun shook hsbhead seeing how his friend changes his mood in an instant.

"It's destiny.." Kai said and Baekhyun raised his brows. 

"What?" 

"It's Yoona.. The daughter of my dad's friend is Yoona" Kai said and Baekhyun gave him a small smile. He's happy for his friend, he's glad that finally Kai have the one person who can make him happy . 

But what about him? How can he chase after that girl he likes?

"That's great. I'm happy for you.." Baekhyun said and Kai patted his shoulder as a sign of his gratitude for his friend's support. 

"By the way, Yoona wanted to help us.."Kai said seriously and Baekhyun gave him a confused look not getting what his friend meant. 

"What I am saying is that Yoona will help us find your girl.." Kai said and Baekhyun nodded. Of course he wanted to know that girl, he wanted to know the person who made him change his prospect about life and happiness. 

"Uh.. thanks?" Baekhyun said unsure. He badly wanted to meet her even just know her name. He would be contented. 

"No problem.. We're going to find her soon since there will be a festival week there.." Kai said and Baekhyun nodded before giving him a thankful smile. 

"Thank you Kai.." Baekhyun said and Kai shook his head before patting his friend's shoulder. 

"No problem. As long as it's for you and your happiness.."

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: YoonKai! Woot woot

Fluff on the next chapter?

BaekYeon's going to meet? Yes or no?