Chapter 76

Memories of Yesteryear

"Hey.. how are you doing?" Baekhyun asked as soon as he entered Taeyeon's hospital room. He saw Sehun sitting at the the couch just beside Krystal'a bed watching the girl sleep.

"Hey.. I w-as w-wa-i-ti-ng for y-ou" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun saw that she's having a hard time talking so he reached out for Taeyeon's phone above the small drawer and handled it to her. 

"Just try--"

"N-o.." Taeyeon suddenlyy cut him off with what he is about to say. Letting out a sigh, Baekhyun took a seat beside her on the bed and gazed through her eyes with his eyes full of worry. 

"Just try.." Baekhyun tried to convinced her to just type everuthing she wants to say but Taeyeon slowly shook her head showing him that she disagrees. 

"I w-wan-t t-o d-o thi-s" Taeyeon spoke again and with every wors she says Baekhyun feels that his heart slowly breaks, it's hard for him to see her that way and he felt useless knowing that he can't do anyrhing to help her with her condition.

"You're making it hard for youself.." Baekhyun said with his voice a little louder this time and Taeyeon lifted her gaze gicing him a questioning look.

There, Taeyeon felt hat Baekhyun is slowly losing his patience on her and that made her heart clench. Shefelt that Baekhyun is already getting used to her and is wanting to give on her.

"Hyung.." Sehun called and Baekhyun turned his head to him. 

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked and Sehun sighed before standing up. 

"Let's go grab some drink first outside.." Sehun said and Baekhyun immediately got what the younger guy had said, glacing at Taeyeon, he let out a heavy sigh.

"I'll be back.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon only gave him a small nod with her mind occupied with a lot of thoughts. 

Walking out of the room, Baekhyun closed the door behind him and looked at Sehun who's giving him a disapproving look.

"Is there something wrong?" Baekhyun asked and Sehun took a deep breath before nodding his head.

"I hate to get in your business hyung, but the way you talled to noona ealier and the way you raised you voice on her. I.. I kinda don't like it and I know she doesn't like it too" Sehun said while looking straight into Baekhyun's eyes and Baekhyun pressed hisbhand against his forehead and look down.

"I just don't understand why she wants to make everything hard for herself.." Baekhyun said and Sehun leaned his back on the wall across where Baekhyun is. 

"Because she have hope.. hyung she's doing that because she hopes that someday she'll get back what she lost" Sehun stated and Baekhyun lifted his head up and met Sehun's gaze. 

"I just.. I don't understand myself anymore" Baekhyun said and Sehun nodded. 

"I feel like that at times too hyung. I raise my voice on Krystal too at times when she's too stubborn but I never, I mean never did it crossed my mind to make her feel like I'm giving up on her. Both of them, both of them hyung inside that room lying on the hospital bed have nothing but us. They can't lean on anything but us who were there staying up with them.. I just need you to make noona feel that you're with her through everything. Maybe you have told her that a lot of times but don't get tired.. Never get tired" 

"I know Sehun.. I'm at fault" Baekhyun said and Sehun patted his shoulder. 

"Cheer her up.."

Meanwhile, inside the room. Taeyeon looked up on the ceiling trying to fight her tears, she wanted to be normal again but no matter how hard she tries she knows she can't. 

It hurted her, the way that Baekhyun slightly raised his voice on her. She knows that she shouldn't feel that way but she felt so sensitive that even the slightest words hurt her feelings already.

"Unnie.. are you alright?" She heard Krystal's voice, turning her head to the younger girl, Taeyeon slowly nodded her head before wiping the tears that are threatening to fall.

"Are you crying?" Krystal asked before getting off her bed and making her way to Taeyeon's bed. Sitting at the edge, Krystal gave Taeyeon a worried look.

Shaking her head, Taeyeon gave Krystal  a fake smile but deep inside she's broken and she's crying hardly.

"Eyy, you're not good at lying" Krystal said and tears automatically escaped Taeyeon's eyes. Seeing this, Krystal went closer and hugged the older girl in hope to make her feel better. 

"I may be sleeping earlier but I heard everything. I know that he doesn't mean it.." Krystal reassured as she wiped the tears on Taeyeon's face and smiled.

"I-I h-o-pe s-so" Taeyeon said and Krystal hugged her again. "Maybe he's just tired then he worries about you too. I know he won't do anything to hurt you unnie.. just..smile" Krystal said and Taeyeon nodded her head. Soon after, the door opened revealing Sehun and Barkhyun who was holding a bag of beverages. 

"You're awake?" Sehun said in confusion as he saw Krystal sitting on Taeyeon's bed. Opening his arms, Krystal got off the bed and walked to Sehun before giving him a tight hug. 

Upon witnessing it, Taeyeon felt envious of the two. First, Krystal can walk and talk normally unlike her and second, Sehun has a lot of patience to his girlfriend.

Diverting her gaze, Taeyeon noticed Baekhyun staring at her but because she feels bad about what had happened earlier, she chose to  ignore him and just lie on her bed. 

"I saw sky outside.. Let's go stargazing at the rooftop please" Taeyeon heard Krystal said, looking at the couple Taeyeon noticed that Sehun gave her a nod. 

"Alright.." Sehun immediately agreed.

"Unnie! Come with us.." Krystal said as she took Taeyeon's hand and pulled her making her sit again. After doing so, Krystal took a blanket and her phone before beaming a smile.

"Krystal's right. Come with us hyung.." Sehun said before giving Baekhyun a smile and Baekhyun took a deep breath before looking at Taeyeon.

Glancing at Baekhyun, Taeyeon gave Krystal a small smile and was about to shake her head when Baekhyun suddenly spoke. 

"Alright. We'll go.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon tried to get off her bed when she felt Baekhyun carry her in a bridal style and put her on the wheelchair. 

"Don't push yourself.." Baekhyun told her as he carried her down the wheelchair. Taeyeon just glanced at him not knowing what to fo but she chose not to say anything anymore. 

"Let's go!" Krystal cheered as she linked arms with Sehun and went out of the room. Baekhyun on the other hand sighed as he pushed the wheelchair put of the room but Taeyeon stopped him from doing so. 

"I.."

Before Taeyeon can even finish what she wants to say, Baekhyun removed her hands away from the wheels and started pushing it forward.

"I can do this.." Baekhyun said and they wentoout of the room. Arriving infront of the lift, the four were all silent, the hallway is filled nothing but some of the nurses passing by them busily taking rounds of the patients. 

Hearing the soumd of the lift, the door opened and Krystal and Sehun went in first followed by Baekhyun who was pushing Taeyeon.

Arriving at the rooftop, the four went out of the elevator and saw that there were a few more flight of stairs before they can reach the door leading to the rooftop. 

Glancing at Baekhyun, Taeyeon thought that he nay be tired already of taking care of her so she tried her best to stand up on her own. 

Seeing this Krystal's eyes widened as she helped Taeyeon. "I can do this.. you two go first" Baekhyun reassured and Krystal nodded, Sehun took this chance to take her hand and lead her up to the rooftop.

Lowering himself down infront of her, Baekhyun didn't dare to look into Taeyeon's knowing eyes. "Climb on my back.." He said. 

"Don't try to hurt yourself.." He added but seconds have passed and he still felt nothing so he stood up and carried Taeyeon in his arms instead. 

"H-Hey.." Taeyeon said but Baekhyun ignored her and decided to walk upstairs, going out of the door, Baekhyun saw Krystal and Sehun already sitting at the blanket Krystal brought. 

Seeing the two ready there, Krystal motioned then to come near and Baekhyun approached them before putting Taeyeon down.

"Unnie do you want to eat?" Krystal asked and Taeyeon shook her head.

"She can't Krystal.. she kinda finds it hard to swallow foods" Baekhyun explained and Kryatal nodded her head before givinf the couple ab apolegetic look.

"Sorry, I didn't know" Krystal said and Baekhyun smiled.

"It's alright.." Baekhyun said as he gave her a reassuring smile. "Krys.. let's go there" Sehun said while poiting at the other side of the rooftop where the flowers are. 

"Alright.." Krystal said as she stood leaving Taeyeon and Baekhyun there. Sehun followed her not forgetting to give Baekhyun a nod.

After Sehun and Krystal left, Baekhyun stood up making Taeyeon sigh, she thought, he doesn't really want to be with her until she felt someone hugging her from the back, turning her head she saw Baekhyun hugging her with her chin resting on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, for raising my voice on you earlier" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon forced a smile before shaking her head and trying to escape from his arms when she felt his hug tightened.

"I didn't mean it. I was just worried about you, I'm really sorry" Baekhyun repeated again and Taeyeon sighed before shaking her head. 

"I-It's n-no-thi-ng" Taeyeon said while looking at him with an honest smile on her face and this made Baekhyun happy too. 

"I'm sorry.." He said again and Taeyeon smiled knowing that he is sincere. Not long after, Baekhyun extended his arm and reached Taeyeon's hand, he slowly pressed it and caressed it while looking at her. 

"Can you.. still feel it?" Baekhyun asked while still caressing and pressing her hand, as much as he remenbers Boa told him that Taeyeon will reduce sensation in her hands and feet and he wants to check if it is happening to Taeyeon already. 

"A-A b-bi-t" Taeyeon said followed by a frown and Baekhyun quickly kissed her cheek making Taeyeon look at him. 

"Don't worry.. I'll make you feel better I promise" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head.

"I-I k-kno-w.." Taeyeon said as she smiled. Soon after, everything around them was filled with silence.

"Baekhyun.." Taeyeon called and Baekhyun hummed as an answer.

"C-Ca-n y-you ta-ke m-e t-o th-e be-ach tom-orro-w?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun composed himself before facing to answer her.

"You want?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded as an answer.

"Alright then.. I'll ask Boa noona"

"Baekhyun.. aren't you going home?" Baekhyun's former professor asked when he saw Baekhyun still doing paperworks after a day full of activities in the school.

"I'm just finishing this sir.." Baekhyun answered as he showed the old man a folder of paper

"Alright then. I'll heard first" The old man said before leaving. Baekhyun on the other hand went back to his sit and quickly arranged the papers, getting his old bag with him, Baekhyun lifted it up and a small faint sound was heard. 

Looking down, Baekhyun saw a toy ring and a memory flashed on his mind.

"Ready to go?" Baekhyun asked as he glanced at Taeyeon after getting her bag. Nodding her head, she took Baekhyun's hand that was reaching out waiting for her. 

Passing by at the hospital corridor, Taeyeon sighed as she focused her eyes at the floor since she's sitting at the wheelchair that was being pushed by Baekhyun.

Entering the elevator, Baekhyun pressed the basement button. Hearing the sound, the door opened and Baekhyun pushed the wheelchair out and walked to his car.

Helping Taeyeon get up from the chair, Baekhyun helped Taeyeon get in the car and helped her put the seatbelt on. 

"Is it tight?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon smiled before shaking her head.

"Alright. Let's go" Baekhyun said before closing the door and walking to the other side. Getting in, Baekhyun started the engine and drove off.

The ride wan't too long since the town was just small and the beach is just near. Glancing outside the window, Taeyeon saw the beach just near beside the road, white feathered birds flew around and the waters waved reflecting the light of the setting sun and beaming in like crystals. 

Smiling, Taeyeon pressed her hand against the window and it didn't escaped Baekhyun's eyes. Smiling to himself, Baekhyun slowed the car down as he made a turn to a nearby inn. 

"I-I'll wa-lk" Taeyeon said before Baekhyun could even go out. Hearing this, Baekhyun smiled a little and gave her a nod. 

Opening the car door for her, Baekhyun took Taeyeon's hand and helped her walked. Trying to find her balance, Taeyeon put her feet apart and tried to walk. 

Reaching out to the shore they both removed their shoes, Baekhyun knew that Taeyeon would have a hard time walking so he lowered himself down and spoke. 

"Climb on my back.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon didn't do anything but to comply. 

"Th-an-ks" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded her head. Carrying her, Baekhyun started to walk as the sun slowly turned into a orange hue. 

A few more minutes had passed and they kept on walking. It was only the two of them there with no one interrupting, with no one watching them.

"There's a church here, look" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled. Going there, Baekhyun went up the front porch of the church and glanced sideways at the sun that was slowly setting. 

Suddenly, Baekhyun took something out of his pocket and Taeyeon looked at him in surprise.

"Let's get married here.." Baekhyun said with a smile plastered on his face and Taeyeon just kept looking at the thing on his hand.

"A-Are y-y-ou s-ure?" Taeyeon asked although she know that it was just an unreal one. 

"You know how much I want to marry you right?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded while still smiling.

Slowly putting the ring on her finger, Baekhyun took a deep breath.

"Right infront of this church, right infront you. I promise that I will be just beside you until my very last breath, never will I let you nor try to break your heart. I love you Taeyeon, I love you more than anything in this world and I don't know how to live my life without you.. Never leave me alright? I love you.. I really do" Baekhyun asked as he tried to fight his tears while Taeyeon on the other hand is already crying.

"I l-love you too.." Taeyeon said and although it's hard for her to say those things, it was never hard for her to show him his love.

Hugging him tight, Taeyeon rested her head against his chest as she looked at the little toy ring that way on her finger.

She thought she lost it, she thought she would never have it again but after all those time someone kept it and it was Baekhyun.

Now the ring is hers again and that ring means a lot to her. It was a seal of their love, a seal that nothing would even break them apart.

"Hey.. stop crying" Baekhyun said as he wiped the tears away and Taeyeon nodded, taking something out from her pocket, Taeyeon opened her hand and Baekhyun saw that it was identical to the ring he found back at her school.

"It's yours?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. Putting it in his finger, Taeyeon leaned in and kissed his cheeks.

"Th-a-nk y-y-o-u fo-r eve-ry-th-i-ng. Th-ank y-ou fo-r sta-ying by m-y si-de" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun kissed her forehead as he said the words he always wanted to say to her.

"Wherever you go, whatever you do, wherever you are, my heart's with you. No matter how far, I'll always be near, whenever you need me, I'll be right here"

___________________________________________________________

A/N: four more chapters! The one who can guess the ending right will get a doodle from me hahaha 

Hi guys :D