Chapter 28

Memories of Yesteryear

"You know you don't have to ask for that anymore. We're still friends.. right?" Taeyeon asked with a hint of doubt in her voice. Of course she isn't sure herself since she left Baekhyun waiting for her answer and she already expected him to be disappointed to her. 

Looking at his eyes can tell her the truth too. He doesn't look at her the way he looks at her back when they were younger, his eyes doesn't show care.. or love anymore. 

"Y-Yeah.. we're.. we're still friends" Baekhyun said awkwardly while scratching his nape. How come he still acts like a fool when he's around her?

Doesn't it supposed to be gone by now? How come it's still so strong?

"So how did you end up here in Seoul?" Taeyeon asked while looking at Baekhyun probably expecting an answer from him. He forced a smile before taking a deep breath. 

"Because of the work offer.. I need it" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded before frowning.

"Won't your boss scold you? I mean you didn't go to work today" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled before shaking his head. 

"He won't. This is just for the first and last time, I promise that so you won't have to worry about me anymore" Baekhyun said jokingly and Taeyeon shook her hands. 

"No,no,no. You better be.." Taeyeon said before they laughed. It felt good, having such good companies. They missed it and they have to admit that the atmosphere is much more better than before. 

"I will, so, do you want to go anywhere today? I can accompany you" Baekhyun said after he glanced at his wristwatch and saw that it's still early. 

"Hmm.. can we tour around here? I mean I don't really roam around here" Taeyeon said with a pleading tone and Baekhyun chuckled. 

Then he bit his lower lip in annoyance remembering his car that won't start up. It would be better if they have their own car instead of a public transportation. 

"Is there something wrong? You know--"

"It's okay.. but can we go back to my place first? I'll get my car" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded before smiling. She even gave him thumbs up. 

"It's okay.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook his head. Still contemplating. 

"Is there something wrong? You can tell me you know" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun gave her a sheepish smile while scratching his nape. 

"Because.. I'm not sure if my car would start up" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon bursted out laughing. Baekhyun just gave her a confused look.

"It's okay.  Using the public transport is much better" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun slowly nodded. Taeyeon just chuckled seeing Baekhyun's sheepish smile.

"Alright.. let's go" Baekhyun said before grabbing his suitcase and leading Taeyeon out of the cafè. Once they were out, Taeyeon gave him a what-are-you-going-to-do-now look. 

"Uhh.. let's take the bus?" Baekhyun said unsure and Taeyeon chuckled before shaking her head. She made her way to the nearest bus stop and Baekhyun followed her.

Baekhyun searched for the bus number with the destination they're going. While doing so, Taeyeon stares at him and smiled unciously. 

Baekhyun glanced at her and Taeyeon turned her gaze away trying to seem busy looking at the street. Baekhyun chuckled not believing how cute can Taeyeon look.

Her face didn't change at all. It's just her hair color but other than that, she still look beautiful, she's still enticing. 

"So where do you wanna go?" Baekhyun asked purposely bringing his face closer to Taeyeon's and once she turned their faces became inches closer. 

"I--uh-wanna go to the stream.. y-yeah there's a n-nearby stream h-here r-right?" Taeyeon asked while stuttering and Baekhyun chuckled. The distance is really bothering Taeyeon nevertheless she didn't move away.

"Oh.. I remember, the cheoyeongge stream? Wanna go there?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded mindlessly while still looking straight into Baekhyun's eyes. 

"Alright then. Your wish is my command princess" Baekhyun said before letting out a chuckle and Taeyeon finally breathed normally when Baekhyun pulled away.

Luckily the bus came but before they can hop on. Baekhyun turned to her. 

"I still like your eyes by the way.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon stood there dazed by him but then she felt her hand being grabbed and saw that Baekhyun was already helping him go up the bus. 

The bus is quite full and there's only a vacant seat. Baekhyun hurriedly went there and motioned Taeyeon to go there, Taeyeon did and Baekhyun stood next to her seat with his back bumping with the people. 

She saw him having a hard time gripping on the metal bars so she tapped his arm. Baekhyun raised his brows and Taeyeon pointed his suitcase. 

"Give that to me.." Taeyeon said but Baekhyun shook his head so she grabbed the suitcase. Baekhyun was about to take it back but Taeyeon glared at him making hin retreat back. 

"I can carry it you know.." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon stuck her tongue out. "You're not good at lying.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun in defeat. It was true, standing up in the bus filled with people and carrying a suitcase is not convenient at all. 

Luckily, Taeyeon was there to help him. Or should he say he likes to go on a bus now especially when Taeyeon's going to be with him. 

Not long after, the passenger who sits beside Taeyeon left but before Baekhyun can sit. He saw a woman carrying a child so he offered her his seat, Taeyeon just smiled seeing his kind side. 

"Hey Baekhyun.. I wanna tell you something" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun again raised his brows. "What is it?" He asked but Taeyeon just waved her hand motioning him to go closer so he leaned down a bit. 

But what he expects was wrong. Taeyeon pinched his cheeks making him wince a bit, he retreated back before rubbing his redden cheeks. Taeyeon just gave him a cheeky smile. 

"Why did you do that?" He asked while rubbing his cheek and Taeyeon chuckled. "Because.. I'm impressed?" Taeyeon asked before giving her a ridiculous look.

"With what?" Baekhyun asked but Taeyeon shook her head. "It's a secret.." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun huffed. Soon, they heard their destination being announced. 

They climbed down the bus and of course Baekhyun didn't forget to offer her a hand while going down the bus.

Taeyeon happily and excitedly searched them a good place. Baekhyun on the other hand boufht beverages from the nearby stall.

"Thank you" Taeyeon said whole taking the drink that Baekhyun gave her. They took a seat in the opposite ends of the benches and suddenly the mood turns awkward.

"Hey.." Taeyeon suddenly called out. "Yeah?" Baekhyun answered back. 

"Why do you have to sit at the edge? Do I smell bad?" Taeyeon asked before sniffing herself and Baekhyun laughed seeing how silly Taeyeon is.

"No.. it's just.. I think you'll feel uncomfortable" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled before shaking her head

 She turned her gaze to him. 

"I'll feel more uncomfortable if you stay there.. sit here.." Taeyeon said whole tapping the space beside her and Baekhyun obliged with her request. They just stayed silent but nonetheless it's a comfortable silence.

"How are you the past few months?" Taeyeon asked with her eyes fixed on the stream. 

"It's been a tough time for me.. honestly right after you left I was once again lost but then now I'm getting back" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded. She felt a pang of guilt. 

"Is.. is my appearance a bother to you?" Taeyeon bravely asked and Baekhyun smiled before shaking his head. 

"No.. never" He answered and Taeyeon nodded. She have a lot of questions in her mind right when she saw Baekhyun but she put it aside knowing that it won't be a good idea to bomb him with questions abruptly. 

But there's this question. 

One question that kept bothering her. 

Always. 

"Do you.. still like me?" 

___________________________________________________________

A/N: BaekYeon hearts everyone?? 

Guys, keep the comments coming  and I will still update as much as I can :D~ it's exams week so yeah I can't handle updating the story while reviewing but rest assured I will do my best with the updates ^^ 

And shoutout to my best best best bestfriend HyoHyoBaby. She's an author here too and yeah my bestfriend in real life hoho 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!

Comment.Vote.Subscribe. 

I love you all mwaaaaaaah! *runs*