Chapter 12

Memories of Yesteryear

"What?! When?!" 

Yoona asked with a surprised voice. She knew Kyungsoo for quite a long time so she never expected this to happen, everything was so sudden that the others are not able to talk anymore. 

They just started their friendship and someone's already leaving the group,  it's heart wrenching. They didn't even got to go out and have fun as one. 

"Tomorrow.. I have to go to the admissions" Kyungsoo explained and everyone heaved a desolated sigh. Almost all except for one, Baekhyun. 

He just stared at the ground confused of how should he react. Should he be happy that it won't be a bother to him to have a competitor in Taeyeon's attention or should he be sad because his friend, whom he met not so long ago will leave?

He doesn't want to be selfish nor he wants to show that he's affected. 

"When did you plan this?"

This time it was Taeyeon who asked. All eyes turned to her and sadness is the dominant emotion shown on her face especially in her eyes. Baekhyun saw this too and wondered. 

If he leaves would Taeyeon be sad too?

No, he thought. Why would she right? He's just an acquaintance to her and nothing more maybe she would not react that way. 

"I've been wanting this eversince I was young and yesterday, dad told me that my dreams can come true if I go there.." Kyungsoo said. He too felt sad but this is what he needs and wants so he should pursue it. 

He's been dreaming of this all his life. He knows he should grab the chance. 

"Then.. we all wish that you'll be successful. Don't forget us alright?" Taeyeon said as she smiled. As easy as that the sadness in her eyes is gone, just like that she managed to lighten the mood.

"Taeyeon's right.. take care when you got there" Yoona said as she too smiled and Kyungsoo gave them a reassuring nod. He felt happy, that Taeyeon was there. 

That she managed to light up everything. 

"I'm proud of you.. stay like that alright? Keep on making everyone smile" Kyungsoo said and Taeyeon nodded getting what Kyungsoo meant. It seems like his feelings for her should be forgotten by now, especially when he's going far away and that he's got nothing to handle Taeyeon and her feelings. 

Right from the start he knew that the girl never really felt anything for him. She stopped him a few times but he's just too stubborn thinking that Taeyeon will fall for him.

But he thinks that everything. Everything should be forgotten. 

"Baekhyun.. thank for being a good friend. Take care of Taeyeon for me alright?" Kyungsoo said and Baekhyun nodded enough for them to understand and know that he will. 

Even if he's not asked to. 

"Yoona.. take care of Kai. I'll still keep on communicating with you guys. You don't have to worry, Kai please take care of Yoona, she's like a sister to me" Kyungsoo said and Kai gave him a reassuring smile. 

"Of course.  You can count on me" Kai said and Kyungsoo nodded. They all smiled except for Baekhyun who just kept silent and watched them. 

Thoughts are running wild on his mind. 

"Group hug?" Kyungsoo said and they laughed before before having a group hug. It felt all new to Baekhyun, having much friends. 

Having these people beside him. Having that girl who made his heart go crazy. 

"So since I already broke the news maybe I should get back and pack up. See you when I come back guys!" Kyungsoo said before walking away. Everyone just laughed with his attitude. 

"So it's the four of us. Still on?" Kai asked and Yoona nodded agreeing with her boyfriend. "I'm in" Yoona said before taking Taeyeon's hand and lifting it up too. 

"Taeyeon too.." Yoona said not waiting for her friend to answer anymore. Now, all eyes are on Baekhyun who just gave then an expressionless face. 

"You in?" Kai asked and Baekhyun forced a smile before shaking his head. He wants to but something is holding him back. 

"Sorry.. I can't I'm going to do some notes" Baekhyun said and just like that he walked away entering the school building again. Not bothering to turn his back. 

Taeyeon on the other hand just felt bewildered. Dejected. 

She never thought that Baekhyun would decline his friend's offer and  other than that she saw that he's.. sad?

Maybe it's because of Kyungsoo's leave, she thought. But no, she also saw that same old expression when they first met. So there's no way that his friend's sudden leave would be the reason. 

"Taeyeon are you okay?" Yoona asked and Taeyeon forced a smile. Curiosity is killing her but she doesn't want it to be too obvious. 

"Yeah.. let's just go grab some food and head home" Taeyeon said before grabbing her friend's hand and walking out of the school gates. 

But before she can go out. She saw that familiar figure standing behind the glass wall of the building, probably watching them walk away. 

"Are you sure? Kai and I can accompany you home" Yoona offered and for the umpteenth time Taeyeon declined with a smile. 

"It's okay Yoona.. I can go home besides the house is just  few blocks away from this convenient store" Taeyeon said and Yoona gave him a worried look. They just finished having some snacks and decided to head home since it's getting late.

"Alright. If you say so.." Yoona said finally giving up and Taeyeon just smiled before hugging her friend. She bid goodbye and walked to the opposite side of the street. 

Taeyeon walked while kicking the rocks that was on her way. She looked up in the sky and a sad smile appeared on her face, her heart clenched. 

"I miss you mom and dad.." Taeyeon muttered but then felt her arm being grabbed.

She's frightened.

Baekhyun glanced at the clock and saw that it was getting late. He closed his notebook and put his books inside his bag before pinching the bridge of his nose.

He got up from his seat and walked out of the school gates only to hear whimpers. His eyes widened when he saw a girl being dragged from the alleyway. 

He grabbed the man's collar and punched him straight on his face. He grabbed the girl's hand before running away. 

Seeing that the distance was enough, he stopped and turned to the girl and his eyes widened. Tears are streaming down on the girl's face. 

"Taeyeon?!"

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: it's decided!

I'm going to make a sequel! Party everyone!

Woot woot!