Chapter 69

Memories of Yesteryear

"Maybe you should rest dad, it's been a long day for you" Baekhyun said right after his girlfriend left to leave him and his dad alone.

"I don't want to. Where's your mom?" His father asked making Baekhyun sigh and gave his father a worried look. Why does he look for her when she already cheated on him?

Does he even know what she had done?

"Why do you look for her?" Baekhyun asked with such annoyance in his voice and this never passed his dad's ear. He knew that something is wrong with his son.

"Why are you like that?" He asked wanting to know why Baekhyun all of a sudden changed his attitude, why all of a sudden his expression changed into an angry one.

"Just.. I'm just tired dad" Baekhyun said and his dad sighed before motioning him to sit on the couch infront of his dad's bed. After doing so, his dad took a deep breath.

"I know why.. and I can clearly see it in your eyes. Baekhyun don't hate your mom" His father said and Baekhyun gave him a look of disbelief. 

"Don't hate her? Do you think it's easy for me to forgive her? Dad didn't you know what she had done? Or are you just being blind?" Baekhyun said in anger and his father shook his head slowly.

"I know.. I know right from the very start that your mom doesn't love me for even just a bit. She's forced to marry me Baekhyun, she's forced" His father stated making Baekhyun stand up abruptly because of all his anger inside. 

"That's it dad, you already know yet you acted like nothing is happening more over you don't seem to care or mind about it at all!" Baekhyun bursted out making his father sigh in disappointment.

"Because I love her  and I wanted her to be happy. Won't you do it too? Suffer just to make the person you love happy? Baekhyun it's your mom's only happiness.." His father explained and Baekhyun shook his head. 

"That's still unreasonable" He said.

"Don't you get hurt knowing that she's with another man?" Baekhyun added and his father looked down before slowly shaking his head. 

"I was.. and those times that I hurted you.. I used you to vent all my anger out" His father said before looking up to him again and Baekhyun pressed his hands against his face.

"Now it's all getting clear to me.." Baekhyun muttered. 

"But I loved you.." His father reasoned out and Baekhyun took a deep breath. "Just.. get some rest then I'll take you out of here tomorrow" Baekhyun said finally leaving his dad alone. Going out of the room, Baekhyun leaned his back on the nearby wall and looked up in the ceiling. 

Why does he have to be miserable like this? He hates it, he hates the fact that his father hurted him because of his mom. Because of the person whom he thought loved him more than his dad do.

He doesn't understand why he have to live miserably like this, he felt like giving up but he doesn't know what the thing that keeps him from doing so.

Hearing footsteps nearing him, Baekhyun looked sidewards and saw Taeyeon approaching him. "Is there something wrong?" She asked worriedly and Baekhyun weakly smiled before shaking his head.

"No.. there's nothing wrong" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded before caressing his cheek with her thumb but her worries aren't fading away. Suddenly, while staring at him, her vision started 

to get blurry making Taeyeon have no chooce but to turn around from him and close her eyes.

"Hey.. Taeyeon" Baekhyun's voice filled her ears.

"Just wait.. I'm.. I'm--" Taeyeon said but before she can continue Baekhyun already cut her off.  "Your eyes.. aren't they getting blurry again?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded. Worriedly letting out a sigh, Baekhyun pinched the bridge of his nose and Taeyeon looked down.

"I'm sorry.." Taeyeon said and  Baekhyun turned to her and hugged her. "Don't be.. There's nothing to be sorry about alright?" Baekhyun asked while trying to sooth her and Taeyeon only nodded before hugging him back.

"We're going to get through this together.."

The next day, Baekhyun woke up earlier than what he usually does and started to prepare himself to pick his dad up from the hospital.

Stealthily entering Taeyeon's room, he saw his girlfriend sleeping peacefully and not wanting to wake her up Baekhyun carefully sat on the edge of the bed just beside Taeyeon.

Looking at her sleep, Baekhyun unconciously smiled. It felt like a dream to him, he remembered,, he used to watch Taeyeon walk down the street everyday and admire her fron afar and now she's there, with him.

Trying to get through everything and all.

"Hey.. You're awake" Taeyeon's voice his train of thoughts making Baekhyun turn to her look at her again.

"Yeah.. I am. I'll pick dad up, you can continue sleeping" Baekhyun said reassuringly when Taeyeon tried to get up.

"Are you sure? I can accompany you, I'll just fix myself quickly" Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook his head while smiling.

"No.. Just rest. I'll be back quickly" Baekhyun said and although hesitant, Taeyeon nodded and resumed lying down sidewards with both of her hand under her head while  looking at him.

"Be safe.." Taeyeon said sleepily followed by a yawn making Baekhyun chuckle.

"Call me if you need something.." Baekhyun said and leaned down to kiss her temple and Taeyeon smiled before nodding her head.

"I will.." Taeyeon said before closing her eyes again and Baekhyun decided to get going so he can come back early.

In the hospital, as soon as Baekhyun arrived, he saw his father infront of his room all dressed up and ready to go and upon seeing his son there, he frantically waved and Baekhyun smiled.

"I can say that you really wanted to go home.." Baekhyun said noticing that all his dad's things are already nicely packed and ready.

"I really want to go home.. by the way, where's Taeyeon?" His father asked while taking a peek behind Baekhyun trying to know if Taeyeon was there. 

"Uh.. no. She can't come but she'll see you later so we need to go home" Baekhyun said and his father nodded before turning to the nurse standing behind him.

"I will just call you if we need your service. Is that alright?" His father asked and the nurse nodded before leaving making Baekhyun confused.

"Service?" Baekhyun asked curiously.

"Yes.. your mom hired a nurse for me" His dad proudly said and Baekhyun sighed before shaking his head. 

"Is there something wrong?" His father asked and Baekhyun took a deep breath.

"Yes.. don't you see that she's doing this because she wants us to act like nothing happened?  Dad, at once try to see her mistakes too" Baekhyun said and  his dad sighed.

"Baekhyun she's still your mom.. I need her, WE need her" His father reasoned out but Baekhyub shook his head stubbornly.

"WE DON'T NEED HER. I DON'T NEED HER, she's nothing to me anymore" 

___________________________________________________________

A/N : update! The story's getting longer than what I expected. I planned this to have a 25 chapter part but it appeared to be 60 and more ><

Now I'm itching to post the newest story I wrote. Oh my god, I think my brain's squeezed.

Thanks for reading!