Chapter 14

Memories of Yesteryear

His eyes.

His nose.

His lips. 

He doesn't look bad himself. She heard that he's smart, the heard that he's from a decent family, she saw his kindness, she saw his perfect imperfections. 

Her lips twitched upwards. He's the type of guy that every girl would die for, he's the type of guy that every girl would be considered lucky if they will have him. 

Have him. 

She frowned at the thought. She stared straight into the white ceiling, thoughts are running wild on her head. They're on the same boat.

Life's mean to them. People may tell that they're born lucky but behind those smiles hides a painful past, she can see something in his eyes that she can't explain. 

She's frustratingly curious. 

He's good at hiding. She's good at lying. 

A weak smile appeared on her face. She's happy at how her day went, well except from the part that some thug picked on her but then he was there when she need him right?

So it wasn't bad at all. 

They both woke up with a light feeling. Both of them smiled while reminiscing everything that had happened last night, it's not that bad but it's also not that good. 

Everything that had happened last night was enough for them to know each other. Enough for them to understand both sides. 

The lonesome silence greeted him again. It's his everyday life, silence is his company. Day or night. 

But he shrugged the thought off, he's used to it so all he have to do right now is get going to see that certain girl again. He finally made a decision that night. 

He won't turn back anymore. He's going to make her slowly fall for him. 

He's going to make her believe in love. 

He's going to make sure that he'll be the reason why she would smile. 

He's going to take care of her. 

He decided to take his bike with him that day. No doubt, he knows his father had been dying to put the bike at the trash and he's not going to let it happen. 

Not even in a hundred years. 

He glanced at his wristwatch and knew that any minute by now, Taeyeon would be walking down the street. He excitedly drove away. Hoping to see her. 

He looked up in the sky and saw that it was dark. He knew, by the looks of it that it's going to rain. He the opposite side of the street, knowing that Taeyeon would pass by there and just like that she did. 

"Hey.." Baekhyun called catching behind Taeyeon's back with his bike. Taeyeon gave him a bright smile, she even waved at him. 

He smiled back. His heart fluttered.

"Good morning Baekhyun.." Taeyeon casually said with her cheerful voice and Baekhyun  smiled upon hearing her beautiful voice. 

Her face was enticing even when it's early in the morning. "Good morning Taeyeon.. going to school?" He asked. He then bit his tongue thinking why he made such a stupid question. 

Of course, where would Taeyeon go besides the school? Blame his heart, Taeyeon really has a big effect on him. 

"Yeah.. the sky's dark. Do you think it's going to rain?" Taeyeon asked with a worried voice and Baekhyun nodded. Quickly, a water dropped n the back of his hand. 

"Baekhyun.. I have to run now the school's still quite far and i didn't bring an umbrella with me. Bye" Taeyeon said but before she can take a step forward Baekhyun grabbed her wrist making Taeyeon turn again. She gave him a worried and a confused look. 

"Wear this.." Baekhyun said before taking a rain coat from his bag. Taeyeon was about to protest but then Baekhyun was too fast that he already put the coat on Taeyeon. 

"You won't be wet anymore.. bye" Baekhyun said as he rushed too since the rain started to fall already. Taeyeon didn't even had the chance to say thanks. 

Taeyeon arrived at the school all dry. Thanks to Baekhyun's coat.

"Taeyeon.. aren't you--oh" Yoona said as she saw her friend entered the classroom. She's surprised that Taeyeon wasn't soaked in the rain when usually Taeyeon always forgets to bring her umbrella or coat with her. 

"Why?" Taeyeon asked as she removed the wet coat and hang it on the corner of the classroom. Yoona just shook her head. 

"It's a miracle.. usually when it rains you'll come to school all soaked" Yoona said and Taeyeon just shot her a glare. Then she remembered Baekhyun. 

Did he arrived at school safely? Didn't he get caught up in the rain?

"That's not the case now see? I'm perfectly fine, safe and sound" Taeyeon said showing Yoona that she didn't get drenched. 

"That's good. But hey, since when did you remember to bring a coat with you?" Yoona asked curiously with a hint of teasing and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. 

She can't lie to Yoona. 

"Baekhyun let me borrow his coat. We met earlier before the rain started.. now I wonder if he's not drenched from the rain.." Taeyeon said with a worried tone while looking outside of the window. 

The rain is still falling. 

Yoona just smiled secretly. She knew that the two are getting better and she likes it, it's not like she doesn't like Kyungsoo for Taeyeon but she knows that Taeyeon needs to feel loved too and with her perspective..

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are nice guys. Well..

Kai's better, she thought. 

"Hey.. you're smiling like an idiot there" Taeyeon said snapping her out of her thoughts and Yoona stuck her tongue out. 

"Because I'm thinking of Kai.." Yoona said and just like that they burst out in laughter. 

Nothing gets better when they're like that, Yoona thought.

"What on the earth happened to you?!" Kai asked when he saw his friend enter the school building. All drenched. 

"Oh. Nothing.." Baekhyun said as he gave him a smile. Not a fake one too and this made Kai be curious to death. 

"Tell me, did you hit your head? Did something happened to you?" Kai asked worriedly seeing how Baekhyun's soaked from head to toe yet he's smiling. 

And that smile wasn't just ordinary. Baekhyun never really smiles wholeheartedly like that. 

"No.." Baekhyun courtly said and Kai groaned in frustration. "Tell me!" Kai shouted like a child that didn't get what he wants. Baekhyun just chuckled before removing the top layer of his uniform leaving him in his shirt. 

"Where's your coat?! I gave it to you and there's no way you'll lose or forget it!" Kai whined again and Baekhyun just took a deep breath breath before speaking. 

"I didn't lose it and I didn't forgot to bring it.." Baekhyun simply said as the smile never left his face. Kai eyed him suspiciously. 

"Then where is it?" Kai asked and Baekhyun scratched his nape. 

"I met Taeyeon earlier before it rained so I lend her my coat so she won't get drenched.." Baekhyun coolly said and Kai's mouth opened in agape. 

"You did what?" He asked in disbelief. "I lend it to Taeyeon.." Baekhyun said while smiling and Kai gave him a questioning look wondering why his friend was smiling widely. 

"You..fool.." Kai said and Baekhyun just gave him an innocent grin. "Why did you do that?" Kai asked wanting to hear an explanation even when he already know why. 

Let's just say that he wanted to hear it from Baekhyun.

"Well.. I guess I like her too much that I don't want her to get drenched in the rain.." Baekhyun said.

"It's better if it's me that will get sick and not her.. she's too precious to me that I'm willing to do anything for her and getting drenched in the rain is nothing. Her smile's more worth it.."

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: more feeeeels to come.. prepare your hearts? 

This author loves you too much that I'm going to write more fluffy chapters.. hohoho

I think there will be four fluff chapters?.. mwahaha