Chapter 78

Memories of Yesteryear

"Hurry! Take her to the emergency room!" Boa shouted as she ran after Baekhyun who ran frantically to the emergency room. His mind doesn't even notice the people on their way anymore, all that's inside his mind is that to bring the unconcious Taeyeon to the emergency room as fast as he can.

Putting her down on one of the bed at the emergency room. After doing so,Boa took him out of the emergency room and made him sit on the bench just out side the emergency room. 

"Wait here alright.. wait here. CALM DOWN" Boa said when she saw that Baekhyun kept fidgeting on his seat, he seemed to be lost, he doesn't seem to be like himself.

"SAVE HER, SAVE HER PLEASE NOONA. I'M BEGGING YOU" Baekhyun said with his eyes b with tears and Boa sighed before taking his hands om her and looking him straight in the eye.

"I can't promise. But I'll try.."

That was the last words Boa stated befpre disappearing behind the emergency room doors. Baekhyun felt like he's going to get crazy, Baekhyun felt like he's going to die out of his worry for her. 

But even before he can go insane, a phone call interrupted his train of thoughts and without even seeing the name of the caller, Baekhyun picked it up and shakingly put the phone on his ear. 

"Hello?" Baekhyun asked not knowng ehat to say anymore since his mind is too occupied by hid worries of Taeyeon.

"Hey Baek, haven't heard from you for quite a while. How are you doing?" Kai's happy voice greeted him and Baekhyun kept staring at the blank space. 

 

"I'm.."

 

Before Baekhyun could say anything, he already broke down and only his sobs were heard. He knows that he shouldn't be crying like this but Taeyeon made him feel that way. Taeyeon broke the walls that surrounded his heart.

"Hey tell me, what's going on?" Kai's voice rang through his ears and he can't do anything but to sob harder. He wanted to speak, he wanted to tell his friend what's wrong but no words were coming out of his mouth.

"Hey.." Kai called again.

"Taeyeon.. she's in the emergency room right now

I, I don't know what's happening to her" Baekhyun said as he tried hard to control his tears but he felt helpless since it falls doen on it's owb. 

"J-Just.. calm down, o-okay? Yoona and I will be there" Kai said and before Baekhyun could even answer Kai already hang up and Baekhyun looked down on the floor as he wiped his tears with the back of his hand. He felt like he's going to get crazy anytime soon.

 

Seconds turned to minutes.

 

Minutes turned to hours.

 

Baekhyun felt scared. He doesn't know what's happening to Taeyeon and he doesn't know what he will do if something bad happens. 

"Baekhyun.." Boa's voice rang through his ears and Baekhyun immediately shot his head up and automatically stood up as he approached Boa who just went out of the room.

"How's Taeyeon? Where is she? Is she safe now? What happened to her?" Baekhyun worriedly bombarded Boa with questions and she only answered him witha sigh. Searching into Boa's eyes, he found nothing that made him more scared, looking up and giving him an apolegetic look. Boa shook her head. 

"I'm sorry Baekhyun. She's diagnosed with brain tumor" Boa said and Baekhyun felt like everytjing around him stopped automatically. 

His mind went blank and no words came out of his mouth. He wanted to speak, he wanted to say something but everything he wanted to say went down the drain. 

"I.. the results says so Baekhyun. I was shocked too, this never appeared before on the earlier tests.." Boa explained and her too was worrying about Taeyeon's condition. After all the time Taeyeon had been staying at the hospital, she already treated Taeyeon as her younger sister and thinking that something can happen to Taeyeon while under her care, that she can't forgive herself.

"How long?" Baekhyun suddenly spoke but his eyes aren't looking into Taeyeon. He was staring into the blank space with no emotions at all. 

"W-What do you m-mean?" Boa asked not catching what he meant by his statement.

"How long does Taeyeon have? How long can she still live?" Baekhyun's questions then again put Boa in surprise. She expected him to say something else, she expected him to ask if there was any cure but no, instead, he asked how long does Taeyeon havr to live. 

"She..She have a month or two. That's the longest, her body's breaking down, the operation will be too risky too knowing that she's already suffering for quite a long time. The surgery can take her life away, she only got a percent or two. I can't risk that" Boa said and Baekhyun suddenly felt weak that he fell on his knees down on the floor. 

"What.. What should I do?" Baekhyun asked aas he shook his head not believing what was happening.

"Baekhyun, you have to be strong. Be strong for her.." Boa asked and Baekhyun sniffed before composing himself. 

"I.. I don't know. Noona tell me, how can I be strong if she's my weakness?"

"Baekhyun!" 

"Hey.. Kai.. Yoona" Baekhyun said lifelessly as he saw his friends running down the corridor to approach him.

"How is Taeyeon? Is she alright? What happened to her?" Yoona bombarded Baekhyun with questions and he doesn't know how to answer any of it. Instead, he sighed as he frustratedly slumped his back on the wall.

"Yoona.. Taeyeon, she'a diagnosed with a brain tumor" Baekhyun said while looking down on the floor and Yoona felt like there was an invisible lump on . 

"W-What?" Yoona asked barely audible.

"We thought that her ataxia is just a single disease. I never expected that she'll have that because she have a brain tumor.. her ataxia is caused by the tumor Yoona" Baekhyun explained and Kai patted his shoilder gently  knoeing that his friend is having a hard time now.

"Doesn't it have any cure? She can undergo a surgery right?" Yoona asked and Baekhyun shook his head.

"She can't. The operation's too risky, it can instantly take her life away but if she won't do that.. she'll have a month or two.. more" Baekhyun said and Yoona fell down on the bench not knowing what to say. She too stared into the blank space, she doesn't know what Taeyeon had done to make her be punished like this.

She never did anything bad. She's always the nicest one but all Taeyeon got was this.

"Where.. Where's Taeyeon?" Yoona asked and Baekhyun took a deep breath before answering her.

"She's getting transferred back to her room.." Baekhyun said and Yoona nodded. Not long after, a nurse approached them and tild them that Taeyeon had been transferred already.

Going up to Taeyeon's room. Baekhyun slowly turned the knob as he stepped in with Yoona and Kai following him, soon after, he heard voices. 

Fully stepping inside, Baekhyun saw that Taeyeon was wide awake so he immdiately ran and hugged her as tight as he can. Again tears rolled down his eyes. 

"I thought I was going to lose you.." Baekhyun said then he felt Taeyeon slowly tapping his back with her hand as she hugged him tight too. 

Breaking their hug, Taeyeon wiped his tears away and he kissed her forehead. 

 

"Never leave me please. Never leave me.."

___________________________________________________________

A/N: two more chapters..  i'll tell my newest fanfic's title on the next update. Don't worry guys :) 

You'll be surprised :D