Chapter 6

Memories of Yesteryear

"Kai.." Yoona called when she saw her boyfriend. Yes, boyfriend approach the front gates of their school. What really happened with the two of them? 

Well, it's because of Kai's straightforward attitude. Their parents set them up to be partners for life so he didn't let the chance go anymore and asked for Yoona's permission to let him in inside her heart.

He told both of their parents what he really feels and they let them be. It's their plan anyways.

The girl can't lie too, Kai caught her eyes the moment they met and she have never felt it before so she let him in. It won't be a regrettable decision right?

Kai IS the best guy she met.

She will never have doubt with that.

"Hey, the festival's starting?" Kai asked after giving her a kiss on her cheek and hugging her tight. Yoona just nodded as she gave him the brightest smile she could. 

She tilted her head when she saw a familiar face behind Kai's back. The person have a serious look on his face and Yoona could say that it's hard to read the guy's expression. 

It was somewhat.. Lifeless. 

"Yeah. Uhm, hi Baekhyun-ssi?" Yoona said with a hint of hesitation before offering her hand. Baekhyun politely took it and smiled a little not wanting to be rude. 

"Hi to you too Yoona-ssi.." Baekhyun said and Yoona beamed a smile. She's lively and it's normal for her to act so close with people well, she doesn't really treat Baekhyun as a stranger anymore since he is her boyfriend's bestfriend. 

"Uhm.. Can we drop the formalities? Friends.." Yoona said trying to light up Baekhyun's mood and it did. A little. 

"Sure.." Baekhyun said as he gave her another small smile again. He's never really used to it, call him a wallflower but that's what he is. 

He like it though, because he already kept in mind that having too much friends won't be good enough for him. Especially in the eyes of his dad. 

He knows what the outcome will be. 

"Hey, hey stop it.. I'm still here!" Kai butted in making Yoona smile. She's amused how Kai acted so possessive of her. She will lie if she will say she doesn't like it. 

"Come on you jealous freak.. I'm just welcoming your bestfriend" Yoona said as she pinched Kai's cheek hardly. On the other hand, Baekhyun only watches their interactions.

Suddenly, a face appeared on his mind. He shrugged it off. 

"Baekhyun, if you're looking for Kyungsoo he's probably waiting for someone inside. I'll explain everything later let's go.." Yoona said as she took Kai's hand and entered the school. 

Baekhyun followed them closely as he looked around the well decorated place. Colorful artificial flowers, loud music blaring, colorful balloons. 

Baekhyun can't help but to sigh. His ears are hurting already for too much noise but then he remembered that he's used

to silence that's why he's acting that way. 

Maybe if he's going there he wouldn't act that way. 

A small frown appeared on his face. "Is there something wrong?" He heard Kai's voice. He looked up and forced a smile, Kai got what his bestfriend meant.

"Hey.. Don't be sad. Let's just have fun alright?" Kai said while patting his shoulder and Baekhyun nodded trying to make Kai believe that he's alright. 

Fun?

It's never in his vocabulary. 

"Alright.." Baekhyun said barely audible. He followed the couple and they ended up under a mahogany tree, Yoona spread a checkered blanket and they all sat there. 

Baekhyun just sat there in silence as he watched the couple acting all sweet. He just smiled, seeing how Kai looks lightly on things now especially love.

"Kyungsoo's probably on his way now.. He just picked up someone" Yoona said and Baekhyun nodded. Kai on the on the other hand raised his brows. 

"He's dating?" Kai curiously asked and Yoona shook her head lightly. Knowing that her boyfriend misunderstand her. 

"Uh.. No. But he's trying to win someone's heart" Yoona said and Kai nodded. Baekhyun on the other hand just listened attentively to what  Yoona is saying. 

"What's the name?" Kai asked but before Yoona could answer him. Yoona stood up with a wide smile on her face, Baekhyun on the other hand froze on his seat as he suddenly felt his chest tighten. 

"TAEYEON!" Yoona squealed as she ran to hug the blonde. Kai and Baekhyun stood up. But Baekhyun felt confused and hurt at the same time. 

He's wondering about something..

"Guys, meet Taeyeon. The one I'm talking about.. The one Kyungsoo fell for.." Yoona said as she beamed a smile. Kai just glanced at his friend and saw Baekhyun's eyes. 

It already answered his question. The girl he likes was none other than the girl who stood before him now, now he know her name. 

Taeyeon.

"Yah Yoona!" Kyungsoo shouted and Yoona just laughed probably not sensing the mood between Kai, Baekhyun and Taeyeon who seemed to have sensed something. 

"Sorry okay.." Yoona said as she wiped the tears that built up on her eyes. Baekhyun just stared at Taeyeon finally realizing everything. 

He can't stand a chance with the girl he likes anymore. 

"Uh.. Guys?" Yoona asked making Baekyun went back to reality. He glanced at Kai who was giving him a worried look now. 

"Yoona. I have to go first.. emergency" Baekhyun said as he abruptly walked away leaving them surprised. Kai just gave Yoona an apolegetic look and ran after his friend. 

He can't let anything happen to his friend. Not now. 

"Baekhyun wait up!" Kai shouted before grabbing Baekhyun's arm. His friend turned around and Kai can see the same old look Baekhyun has back before he met her. 

Sorrow.

"What?" He asked with his cold voice making Kai flinch. Never did he expect Baekhyun to talk to him in that way, but now everything is different. 

"That was.. her right?" Kai asked and Baekhyun's gaze hardened. "Yes.." He answered with a low tone, Baekhyun flexed his jaw thinking how stupid he is for liking a girl who already likes someone else. 

"Baekhyun.. I know you heard Yoona--" 

Before Kai can finish his sentence. Baekhyun already cut him off, the game's over. It's over for him.

"I know, I heard her. Loud and clear but I don't want to go after.. after her anymore" Baekhyun said as he looked down clenching his fist. He should have realized it sooner. 

Maybe if he did he wouldn't be hurt. Badly. 

"Why? They're not together yet, you can stand a chance" Kai pursued and Baekhyun shook his head sternly. Before giving him the coldest stare he could. 

"Even if I can, my chance on getting her won't be as big as Kyungsoo's.." Baekhyun said then he frowned. He's so stupid, he felt useless. 

But then that's what he is right? He's a useless crap. 

"Baekhyun.." Kai pleaded but Baekhyun gave him a weak smile. 

"I won't compete.. I won't win her anyway.."

_______________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello Drama!

Phew, I thought I won't be able to update today. Dad went back from overseas and arrived at three in the morning and I have to wait for him. .-. 

Well he just went home to bond with us and do some things. He'll leave again in the afternoon the next day.. T.T 

Too fast but it's okay that means I can have a lot of time to do my updates. I'm a bad daughter *hides at the corner*

But hey? What do you feel about Baekhyun?