First ♡ -- for xoxomy

you're my angel, my only cover girl ♡ | scenario shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Myrza (xoxomy)

EXO's Byun Baekhyun

BG Music: Baby (Korean Ver) by EXO

Baekhyun smiled as he watched his crush from the back of the classroom. He was always in the back because of his effortless good grades, so that made it easy for him to stare at her all the time. He smiled as he noticed all the little things she would do. She would curl her hair behind her right ear right before she began writing. She would try to straighten her back whenever the teacher was speaking, but it would slouch over as she got tired. She would puff out her cheeks and tap them with the back of her pencil whenever she was thinking hard. She would silently smile whenever she got a problem right. She would cross her left leg over her right all the time in class. She would always try so hard to get good grades. He noticed everything.

The bell suddenly rang, waking Baekhyun up from his unbroken gaze on the girl he liked. He stared down at the empty page of his notebook where he was supposed to take notes. Oh well. I'll figure it out somehow. He quickly packed everything into his backpack and walked out, hoping to see her during lunch.

A deep voice greeted him in the hallways. "Hey, Baekhyun! How was math class?" Chanyeol bent down to whisper in his ears. "Did you talk to her?"

A blush came on Baekhyun's cheeks, and he was thankful for his nerd glasses because they covered his cheeks a bit for him. He shook his head in reply to his best friend.

Chanyeol slapped his back. "Eyy. You should've! You know, one day you're gonna have to get the courage to do so. Or else someone else will whip her away from you! I already know of a few people who like her." Chanyeol patted his best friend's shoulder.

The two were total opposites. Baekhyun was the quiet, nerdy type. Not many people paid much attention to him, other than those people who wanted to be as smart as him. On the other hand, Chanyeol was immensely popular. People wondered why this popular guy would always stay with a quiet nerd, but no one really found out. It was just that Chanyeol and Baekhyun were childhood friends, and neither wanted to leave the other person. The two were bound by the strings of loyalty, but not that any of them were complaining.

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol in shock. "R-really?"

Chanyeol nodded. "It's true. I'm your best friend. I would never lie to you bro, no matter how much it seems like lying would help the situation.

Baekhyun sighed. "Can you help me?"

"Of course I will!" Chanyeol smiled, hoping this would mean that his friend would finally make a move.

"Okay, give me a month."

Chanyeol's mood switched, and he drew out a big sigh. "That's what you told me last time. This time, you're doing it my way."

Baekhyun opened his mouth. "Bu-"

"No buts."

 

The next day, Baekhyun came as an entirely different person.

He removed his glasses and tousled his hair, which differed a lot from his usual perfectly straight hair. Even though he was wearing the school uniform, it looked totally different on him from any other day. Instead of the blazer buttoned up all the way to the top, some buttons were ed. His pants sat comfortabley on his waist instead of pulled up all the way to cover his entire stomach. His backpack slung over one shoulder as he lazily carried a few books in the opposite arm. He smiled.

"I haven't dressed like this in a while," Baekhyun said to his friend.

Chanyeol laughed. "I'm glad I finally talked you back into acting more like YOU. Man, you don't know how sad I was to see my cool best friend change so abruptly."

Baekhyun sighed, remembering why he wanted to change his style completely from the cool Oppa to the smart nerd. His girlfriend and first love had dumped him for another guy that was even 'cooler' than he was. He really liked her, so he took the break up really hard. And he vowed to never show his true self again until he found someone else-someone better that wouldn't hurt him like that. "I told you I would come back once I found someone else."

"And now you did," Chanyeol said. He patted his friend on his back as he walked away, proud of what he was able to convince his best friend to do.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter