Today's Hero ♡ -- for Melinda

you're my angel, my only cover girl ♡ | scenario shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Sooyeon (Melinda)

EXO's Byun Baekhyun

BG Music: 으르렁 (Korean Ver) by EXO

In the year 2028, the world was not what it was 14 years ago. The most unpredictable events had happened. The vampires from another universe had invaded and were living amongst the weak humans. The worst part of it was, they were oblivious to this fact.

No one knew.

They did notice very suspicious things happening, like humans being kidnapped and never returned. Humans were left carelessly on the streets with (as gruesome as it sounds) their body torn up with all their blood drained. But having a natural instinct to not want to believe in the unbelievable, they categorized those strange cases as animal attacks.

And as you can tell, humans were weak and couldn't do anything even if they knew.

However, sensing that their neighboring universe was in danger, EXO planet had sent their people to Earth to help the weak earthlings. And obviously, the humans had no clue of this as well. While the other creatures hid from the humans' sights, the people of EXO planet, called Exotics, blended in perfectly with humans all over the world. In fact, the planet was an exact mirror of Earth. They ate, went to school to learn, had jobs, and did everything else that humans did. The only difference was that Exotics had powers and supernatural abilities like speed, strength, and hearing. Other than that, they acted just like humans. Only, they weren't.

And at a high school called SM High, there were twelve Exotics attending the school, and they called themselves EXO.

But one girl knew who they were, why they were sent, and everything else. The reason was because she was dating one.

Along the years, an Exotic named Baekhyun had fallen in love with this girl named Kwon Sooyeon, and she felt the same way. The two started a relationship, and they already knew that they had found the one. Baekhyun trusted Sooyeon so much that he told her everything. Of course, Sooyeon believed that he was making lies up, but he proved himself with his powers.

Yes, Exotics had powers, which was why they would be of great assistance in keeping the earthlings safe.

But different than how we would expect, this brought the two even closer together.

 

One winter day, the two were on an early date in the woods, for Baekhyun, having the power of light, extremely loved being surrounded by plants and other living things that were reliant on the sun.

"You mean there are vampires living on Earth? Right now?" Sooyeon asked, surprise showing all over her face.

Baekhyun sighed and nodded. "There are. That's why we were sent here."

"That's scary," Sooyeon said. "Against beings like vampires, humans are so.. weak."

He agreed. But to reassure her that she was safe, he grabbed her hands and held it tight. "But you don't have to worry, you have me. I'll always be by your side to protect you, more than anyone else. You trust me, right?"

Sooyeon began smiling. "Of course I do, Baekhyun Oppa."

Seeing that her tense body was loosening up, he felt better.

The two enjoyed dates like this the most. When they were alone, they could easily be themselves and just enjoy each others' presence. It was relaxing.

The two sat on the ground and talked about various things. Sooyeon seemed to enjoy asked Baekhyun to tell her about EXO planet, and he loved telling her about his home. She was facinated by how different the two worlds were, and Baekhyun promised to take her there one day.

As the day passed by and night neared, Sooyeon began shivering.

"O-oppa, I'm kind of cold," she said.

Concerned, Baekhyun said, "Do you want to leave?"

She shook her head. "N-no, I like it here. Can you.. warm me up?"

"Okay!" Baekhyun excitedly said. He went behind her and hugged her from behind. Having the power of light, Baekhyun was able to control heat as well because light emitted heat. Her cold body was instantly warm.

She giggled with happiness. "I still think your power is so cool."

Swaying her side to side, he rested his chin on her shoulder. "Really? I've always envied Luhan Hyung for being able to move stuff with his mind. Also Kai who could teleport, or Xiumin who could bring snow. Why do you like mine?"

"Because," she started. "Because I always feel warm when I'm with you." She turned her head to the side where Baekhyun was and smiled. "And I have a good excuse for wanting you to hold me like this."

Thankful that Sooyeon accepted him as he was, he leaned forwards and his lips met hers. He kissed her with much affection, and she replied with the same. When they pulled back, the two giggled, both feeling giddy because of the other person.

"Thanks for coming into my life," Sooyeon said.

Baekhyun smiled. "Thanks for accepting who I am."

 

That night, Baekhyun walked her home. Saying his goodbyes, he walked to the home he shared with EXO.

"Hey! Lover boy is back!" Chanyeol teased his friend.

"Hey," Baekhyun greeted. He walked in and joined his friends in playing video games and just being the boys they were, even if they weren't from here. Boys will always be boys, no matter what planet they came from.

"HEY! You cheated!!" Lay yelled at Baekhyun.

Shrugging, he acted innocent. "What did I do, Hyung?

"You blinded me for a second! Don't act innocent! You put a small ball of light in front of my face!" Lay shouted.

Taking advantage of the moment Lay was distracted, Kai appeared next to Lay and stole the controller away from Lay's hands. He then teleported back to his spot on the couch.

"Yah!" Lay yelled.

Kai smiled. "My turn."

And like this, the twelve continued to be themselves. Baekhyun, Lay, Kai, and Tao played video games, while Xiumin, Luhan, Suho, Sehun, Chanyeol, and Chen were playing games on the computer. Kyungsoo was in the kitchen cooking dinner while Kris was in his room sleeping.

"Guys, eat!" Kyungsoo told them. The twelve of them met at the long dinner table in the dining room and ate the delicious food that their Kyungsoo Umma had made.

After the meal, the twelve went outside to play soccer. It was quite an interesting game, considering the Exotics were super fast, super strong, and had great reflexes.

The Exo-M team was winning in this intense game of soccer. Everyone was having a great time, until they heard a girl's scream heard in the distance.

"Sooyeon," the twelve said all at once.

"Something's wrong," Sehun said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter