tutor ♡ -- for iheartsehun

you're my angel, my only cover girl ♡ | scenario shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

»oh little girl, slate«

"So if you see here, velocity is the derivative of po-"

Jihoon felt his eyelids droop as he completely zoned out Hana's voice. With his head propped against his hand, he managed to take a quick nap without her noticing.

He suddenly began to imagine himself at a basketball court in a park nearby. He was casually shooting some hoops and managed to make every shot. There was a crowd that began to grow around him simply to admire how good of a basketball player he was, and this only boosted his confidence. After another perfect shot, he lazily dribbled the ball as a few girls in the crowd swooned at how cool he looked.

Just then, Hana came out of the crowd and admiration dripping from her eyes. "Jihoon! I didn't know you were this manly!"

Jihoon felt his confidence soar as he gave her a cool wink. She then began chanting his name with the rest of the crowd. "Jihoon! Jihoon! Jihoon! Jiho-"

"Jihoon!"

He suddenly felt someone shake him awake. He had somehow ended up with his head resting on his crossed arms on the table. He looked around and saw that he was still at the library, which meant that his tutoring session was still going on.

He grew tense as he knew what was coming.

Smack.

Hana hit his forehead with the pencil she was holding in her hand.

"Were you paying attention to anything I said for the past thirty minutes?" Hana questioned with a stern look on her face.

Jihoon slowly took his gaze off of the flat surface of the table and gave her an apologetic face.

Hana let out a big sigh. "Pay attention this time, okay? Your exams are coming up so soon! Imagine how upset your mother will be when she finds out that you sleep through your tutor sessions!"

Jihoon muttered an apology under his breathe as he rubbed the sore spot on his forehead that just got hit with Hana's pencil. He began to pout at the pain.

"Noona, it hurts! I can't go to school with a bruise on my forehead!" he said with a slight whine to his voice.

Hana pulled his hands away from his forehead to examine it herself, before she waved it away. "That is NOT going to turn into a bruise. Don't worry. I didn't even hit you that hard. Pay attention, will you?"

Jihoon sighed before he tried to pay attention to what she was saying. All this talk about derivatives and velocity sounded like gibberish to him, but he only put it up because of his tutor, Hana.

Hana was a family friend of his, and they had known each other for quite some time now. When they were young, Hana would always come over to play with him and his older cousin. Jihoon always had a big crush on her, but as he was three years younger than her, he rarely got to see her anymore. She was already in her third year in university while he was beginning his last year of high school. He was pretty bummed out once she graduated high school, but when his mom decided to pay her to be his tutor, he was more than delighted to be able to see her more often. She was the only reason that he finally agreed to getting tutoring lessons on physics, his least favorite and most difficult subject.

"..eration is the derivative of velocity. You got all of that, right?" Hana asked, glancing to make sure he was listening.

He nodded. "So acceleration is the derivative of velocity, which is the derivative of position, right?" he asked.

Surprised, but pleased, Hana nodded. "That's it! You got it! Now, if you read here..."

Jihoon spent the next thirty minutes trying his best to pay attention to what she was saying. He felt bad that she was beating herself up so much for not being able to teach him properly, when it was clearly his fault. After what seemed like forever, Hana said they should take a quick five minute break. Jihoon told her that he was going to take a trip to the bathroom and she told him to hurry back.

After washing his hands (and taking a quick minute to make sure he looked decent), he left the bathroom. He was about to walk straight back to his spot next to Hana when he noticed a timid boy a few tables away from theirs. This boy kept stealing glances at Hana while he was hiding behind a book that was propped up on his table. Scoffing, Jihoon took a closer look at this boy. His eyes widened when he realized who it was: Bae Jinyoung. Jinyoung was a second year at Jihoon's high school and he had a tendency to get really attached to a girl once he starts liking her. Jihoon was sure that the two didn't know each other, but he realized that Jinyoung wasn't the only one that was staring. It seemed as if all the guys that were passing by gave her a second glance. Jihoon knew that Hana was popular among the boys because of her pretty face and petite figure. Whether they were in high school or univerisity, all the guys seemed to consider her as a fitting match to their ideal types.

Suddenly overcome with a wave of anger, he quickly pulled out the seat across of his tutor and sat down.

Hana looked up, "What are you doing there? Your seat is here next to me."

"I just, er, like this spot better! Let's continue like this!" Jihoon said frantically as he tried to block Hana's figure from Jinyoung, who was sitting a few seats directly behind him.

"What's up with you?" Hana asked suspiciously. "If you sit there, how will you look at the book that's in front of me? Maybe I'll just move to that side if you're so persistent on sitting there."

Jihoon was about to agree when he suddenly saw a college student that was staring at the back of Hana's head, hoping to steal a glance at her face. 

"No! No, that's a bad idea. I'll just go back to my seat," Jihoon said, laughing nervously. Why are there so many guys here? Jihoon thought, clearly in a worse mood than before.

"Okay.." Hana said, still finding his actions odd. "Then let's continue."

All throughout the rest of their lesson, Jihoon couldn't find himself to concentrate on a single thing she was saying. All he could think about was a way to stop Jinyoung from staring so much.

After an hour passed with Jihoon staring furiously at Jinyoung, who was casually glancing at Hana, Jinyoung finally stood up. He packed his belongings into his backpack and began to approach their table. Jihoon kept sending him angry glares and attempted to prevent him from approaching, but Jinyoung seemed oblivious to all of this.

"Hello

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter