One Step Closer ♡ -- BabyxBaram

you're my angel, my only cover girl ♡ | scenario shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

lee jooheon of monster x

one love by monster x

Song Hana was busy doing her homework when her phone buzzed with an alarm. Her eyes widened as she looked at the time. Oh no! I need to go to work, she thought. She quickly grabbed her bag and headed out the door. She worked at a convenience store that was located a few blocks from her house, so it was at a decent distance to walk to. She sped walked, not wanting to be late. Once she arrived, she put on the red work vest that had a name tag attached to the pocket. She wore the baseball cap that had the market's logo on it before she locked up her belonging in her work locker. She then went behind the counter to begin her shift.

It has been just under a year since she started working, and she had to say that it was definitely tiring. However, she was glad that her hard work paid off whenever she got her pay check. The manager was very generous and always included a small bonus because he was glad that she did her best whenever she came to work, despite still being a high school student.

As Hana was organizing and restacking a few of the cans in the can aisle, she heard the sensor bell go off, indicated that someone had entered the store.

"Welcome customer!" she said in a cheery voice before she finished organizing the cans. She then returned to her place behind the counter. She took a glance at who had just entered the store, and it turned out to be Lee Jooheon, the so called 'bad boy' in her class. He appeared very chic and tough, being the epitome of a cold city man. A few students were intimidated by his cold aura, but Hana knew that he meant no harm. She noticed that he never got into anyone's way and never caused trouble.

Jooheon went the local convenience store to pick up a few things that his younger sister begged him to buy. She ordered him to buy a tub of green tea ice cream, five bags of different types of Korean snacks, and a pack of her favorite Yogurt drink. Although she was only in middle school, she had clever ways to get what she wanted, and in this case, she successfully convinced her older brother to go on this errand.

As he stepped in, he heard a cheery voice welcome him in. This voice sounds familiar, he thought before he concentrated on buying everything on the list that his sister wrote out for him. He placed the various items into a basket as he walked through the small store, finding everything he needed. Once he was done, he walked over to the counter to check out the items. He looked around the store as the cashier had her head down, scanning the individual items one by one. 

"That will be 17,000 won," the cashier said as she looked up.

Jooheon then froze, seeing who the cashier was. It's Song Hana, he thought in surprise. It really is her. He then realized that she was waiting for him to give her the money. He pulled out a black wallet from his pocket and gave her the correct amount of bills.

Hana took it and put the bills into their corresponding compartments. She then closed the cashier register and waited for the receipt to print. As she waited, she looked down to all the things he had bought. "Are this all for you?" she said, chuckling a bit.

Jooheon looked down and turned red. "N-no, they're for my younger sister," he said in a slighty embarassed voice.

"She's lucky to have an older brother like you," Hana replied as she handed him the receipt and the three full plastic bags. "Here you go. Thank you for coming!"

Jooheon thanked her and walked out before he froze in his place. With the plastic bags all on one hand, he placed his free hand on his chest that was beating fast. This was the first time he had ever talked with her, or even seen her out of the classroom, and he had to admit he was really happy to see her. The truth was, he had a small crush on her ever since they were desk partners for one term last year. She was very kind, and the way she concentrated on the class assignments attracted him for some reason. Maybe it was the way she curled one side of her long, wavy brown hair over her ear, or maybe it was the way her face crinkled up into a cute pout when she was stuck on a difficult problem. Either ways, her natural self captivated him and he would feel nervous every time he was close with her. It didn't help that she was so friendly to everyone around her, because that only made him fall for her even more.

She works here, huh? he thought, smiling to himself before he walked home to greet his overly excited sister with all the things she requested for him to bring.

 

The next day at around the same time, Jooheon put on a light weight jacket before he headed towards the door of his house. "Jooeun! Do you need anything from the convenience store?" he shouted so that his younger sister, who was on the second floor, could clearly hear him.

Jooeun, who was currently in the middle of watching a drama, actually took time to pause the drama in order to give one long look at her older brother with the sudden change. "You're actually offering to buy me something without me begging you to?"

Jooheon nodded. "Can't an older brother be nice for once?"

Jooeun chuckled and quickly wrote up a list of snacks she wanted. "Thanks, Oppa!"

No, thank you, Jooheon thought as he walked out the door. He was happy he had a reason to go to the convenience store.

Jooheon headed to the store and hid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter