Christmas Eve at Work ♡ -- for hanxiaoyi

you're my angel, my only cover girl ♡ | scenario shop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shirli Han (hanxiaoyi)

Infinite's Kim Myungsoo (L)

BG Music: 하얀고백 (White Confession)/Lately by Infinite

Another sigh esaped Shirli's mouth, and it might as well be the hundredth sigh that she made in the past hour. It was Christmas Eve, everyone was in a good mood, it was decorated festively everywhere, and yet here she was. At work.

Her boss had originally let her have a break on Christmas Eve this year, making another worker take her place for the day. However, that sneaky worker had lied, saying that she was 'sick' and 'needed some time off', which forced Shirli to come to work without choice. Shirli rolled her eyes once she heard that the other worker had lied once again, causing her to work extra for the nth time that year. It frustrated her that the boss had not noticed anything at all. But there was nothing she could do about it-he was her boss.

She forced herself up out of the slouchy position she was currently in and began organizing her desk, not having anything else to do at the moment. Ugh. Why'd Mr. Kim make me work today. There's nothing to do at the company anyways. Might as well close for the day, the upset secretary complained in her head.

"Boo," a voice said out of nowhere. Shirli was so startled that she ended up dropping all of the papers in her hands.

"Aish! I have to reorganize that now! Why is everything not going well today," she complained once again as she bent over to clean up the mess of papers. Another pair of hands bent down to assist her.

Once all the paper was gathered in a rather messy pile, she stood up and placed the papers on her desk. She finally got the chance to see the face of the owner of the voice that had startled her, causing her to drop everything.

"Hey," Myungsoo said. Shirli turned to see the son of the boss of this company, which was her boss.

Out of required respect (just because he was the boss's son), she slightly bent her head in a bow. "Annyounghaseyo," she said in a slightly grumpy voice, still upset that he scared her.

"You're Shirli, the secretary, right?" he said with a small smile.

Shirli nodded. "I am. Do you need anything, Myungsoo sshi?"

"I think it's you who needs something. You're bored and you need some company, am I right?" he said.

"How'd you know?" Shirli asked.

Myungsoo chuckled. "Who wouldn't be bored if they need to go to work at a company on Christmas Eve without anyone near her to keep her company?"

Shirli nodded again. "True."

Myungsoo smiled before placing a white plastic bag on her desk. "Here. Let's eat some food." He began to pull out the items in the bag.

Shirli eyes widened at the kimbab, ddeokbokki, and other tasty dishes in a togo box on her desk. She looked around hesitantly. "Uhmm. You may be the boss's son, but I'm just a worker. I'm not allowed to eat while I'm at work. Sorry, Myungsoo sshi," she said with an apologetic voice.

Myungsoo shooed the air, as if the words that came out of was being shooed away by the movement of his hands. "Nonsense. I'm his son, so I should be able to enjoy some food with his workers. Worker-boss bonding time, ya know."

"You're not the boss though," Shirli pointed out.

"Exactly." He began to eat.

Shirli was confused at his reply, but then shrugged it off. Oh well. Might as well just eat while I have the chance. She picked up a  fresh pair of chopsticks, separated them, and joined Myungsoo in eating the food. As they enjoyed the food, Myungsoo would look over at her numerous times while she was eating. He smiled before continuing to devour the food in front of him.

After all the food was gone, Shirli cleaned up the area and put all the trash in the plastic bag where the food came in. She tied it off and set it next to her trashbin, mentally reminding herself to make sure to throw that away once her work ends.

"So why are you here on this merry day?" Myungsoo asked.

Shirli sighed in annoyance. "My co-worker couldn't make it today."

"Lying, huh?" Myungsoo caught on.

She nodded. "Yeah. It always happens but Mr.Kim-your dad- never notices. So I'm always stuck here working extra hours."

Myungsoo crossed his arms in front of his chest. "That's not fair."

She agreed. "Well, there's nothing I can do about it."

He frowned, disapproving the unfairness going on here. "Wait here." He ran off, leaving Shirli alone.

"I'm stuck here anyways." She began to reorgani

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter