GuiGui Moves In

The Way We Used To Be

Guigui and Taecyeon arrive at homes, and sure enough, his father was sitting in the living room waiting for them.  They both walked over and greeted him. 

 

“So how did the day go?  Were you able to get familiar with the city?” Taecyeon’s father asked Guigui.

 

“Yes, I was able to get somewhat familiar with the city uncle.  It is so beautiful, and it has changed a lot over the years that I have not been back. 

Oh and also Taecyeon Oppa took me to so many different places and we ate so many delicious foods too.  I had an incredible time with Oppa,” Guigui answered her uncle.

 

“That is great to hear.  And here I was worried that he may have just drop you off somewhere while he goes and hang out with his friends,” Taec’s father responded.  “Oh yeah Guigui, I also took the liberty of moving all of your things here.  Since you and Taecyeon will be getting married soon, I figure it will be best to have you live here with us.  Also, it will give my mind peace knowing that you are here, where I will be able to look after and care for you.”

 

“Oh uncle, you didn’t have to do that.  I am used to living on my own and I don’t want to intrude.  Believe me, I will be fine,” Guigui answered.

 

“Yes I know you will be fine, but it’s just.  Well you see, it’s been so long, and I feel like I have missed out on so much of your life while you were growing up in the States.  So please, just stay here Guigui,” Taec’s father said pleading with his eyes.

 

Unable to say no to her uncle’s plead, she quietly just nodded her head indicating that she agrees.  Taecyeon stares at his father and her for a moment before speaking. “Hey! Don’t I have a say in any of this?  What about me, how I feel, does that not matter at all to you guys?  Dad, I am your son, how can you just not care about what I think,” Taecyeon furiously asked his father.

 

Ignoring his son’s words, he turns back to Guigui, “Guigui, the maid here will show you up to your new room ok.  Please go upstairs and rest, you must’ve had a long day.  If there is anything else you need, please do come to me and let me know ok; my dear sweet Guigui, have a good rest now.”  He then turns to Taecyeon, “Taecyeon, I need to speak with you, so follow me into the study room.”

 

As Guigui is led by one of the maids up to her new room, she turns back and sees Taecyeon and his father going into the office.

 

“Sit down Taecyeon, what I am about to say to you is very important,” said his father while gesturing for Taecyeon to sit down.  “Son, I know that you must be angry that I am forcing you to marry Guigui.  But you must understand, Guigui is not just any girl.  She is very precious to me.  Just like how you are precious to me as well, and well with her living so far, I was never really able to take care of her after she moved to the states.  I wasn’t able to keep my promise to her father.  So now that you both are 25 years old, it’s about time I keep my other promise to him.”  After Taec’s father finished speaking, he quietly walked out of the room to his bedroom to rest for the night.

 

The next morning Taecyeon wakes up and goes downstairs for breakfast.  He sees Guigui standing in the kitchen cooking. 

 

“What are you doing?  You know we have maids for a reason right.” Taec says to Guigui while digging in the fridge for some juice. 

 

“Yeah I know, but I figure I can help them cook something so show my thanks.  Is that wrong?” Guigui asked.

 

“No, I guess not, do whatever you want.  I don’t care,” Taecyeon replied.

 

“Ok then, I will.  I don’t even know why you bother asking if that was just going to be your answer Mr. OK Taecyeon," Guigui answered as she

continues to cook.

 

“Oh, good morning uncle!  How was your sleep?  Did you have a nice rest?” Guigui quickly asked as she sees her uncle coming down the stairs towards the kitchen.

 

“My, what a difference there is when there is a lady in the house,” Taec’s father responded while smiling.  “Guigui are you cooking?  If I remembered correctly, you don’t know how to cook.  Remember, how you almost burnt down your apartment when you were trying to cook me dinner back when I came and visited you in the States.”

 

Guigui and Taec’s father laughs out loud reminiscing about that moment and then Guigui replied, “Uncle, that was so long ago.  I have grown up.  I know how to cook now.  Don’t you know, I was so embarrassed after that incident that I started taking cooking classes at one of my restaurant!  And now, it’s finally paying off, I can actually put it to good use.”

 

“Is that so?  My, my, I can’t wait to eat your cooking then Guigui,” her uncle responded while smiling and taking a seat at the table.

 

“Taecyeon, please come sit down and join us,” Guigui said as she gesture for him to sit in the seat that she had pulled out.  With no other choice but to go and sit, Taecyeon signs.  Guigui quickly brings out their breakfast.  She stands there holding her breath, unsure if they will approve.  Unable to take the suspense, she finally asked, “So?  How is it?  Do you guys like?  Is it good, or no?”

 

They both look up at her and nodded their heads to show that they both approved of her cooking.  Relieved, she let out a sign.