Welcome Home

The Way We Used To Be

As Taecyeon and Guigui reaches the airport, Taec pulls out his phone and gives Nichkun a call, “Hey, we are at the airport right now.  Our plane is about to depart so we will be back in Seoul in a couple of hours.  Come pick us up ok.”

“Sure man, I’ll be there,” Nichkun answered.

A few hours later and their plane have landed.  As they walk out of the gate, they see Nichkun waiting for them.

“Hey how was the honeymoon huh?” Nichkun asked them as he hugged them both separately.

“It was great,” Taec answered.

“Uh-huh.  It is so beautiful there.  We should all go there together some day; when everybody is free,” Guigui replied with a big smile on her face.

“Yeah, we should.  That sounds like fun,” Nichkun responded while smiling back at her and grabbing her luggage.  “Here, let me carry this for you.  You must be tired.”

“Thank you, you’re so sweet,” Guigui replied.

Nichkun drove them back to their house.  Taec and Guigui gets out of the car with their luggage and Nichkun follows.  As soon as Taec opens the door, they heard a big “SURPRISE” coming from inside.  They walk into the house stunned, forgetting that they are still holding hands, and see that everybody had gather at their house.

“Omo, what are all of you guys doing here?” Guigui asked surprised.

“We can’t miss an important day like this.  Today is the day that you both have returned back from your honeymoon as a married couple.” Jay said.  He then turns and look at Guigui’s stomach and then at her face, “SO?  Sister-in-law, is there going to be any news of the family extending?” Jay starts moving his eyebrows up and down as he give Taec and Guigui a creepy smile.

“YA!  What are you saying?  Seriously Jay, I think you need to stop watching so much .  It’s starting to affect the way you think.” Taec yelled at him.

“You say that but who is the one who walked in here while holding his wife’s hand so happily huh?” Jay said as he giggles and points to Taec and Guigui’s hand still attach to each other.

“OOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!” the rest of the group said while looking at both of their hands still attach to one another.

Taecyeon and Guigui quickly noticed and let go of their hands.  Feeling embarrassed and shy at the same time, they quickly changed the subject. 

“Hey! Do you guys want to see some pictures of our trip?” Guigui quickly said as she reaches for the photos in her purse.

“Yeah, we wanna see,” everybody replied.

Guigui and Taecyeon lets out a sign, relieved that they were able to distract their friends.  They looked at each other and smiled.  As everybody gathered around, looking at the pictures, Guigui gets up and walks over to the kitchen.  Taecyeon notice her leaving and so he followed her.

“What’s wrong Guigui?” Taec asked.

“Hum?  Oh nothing, I am just coming in here to get everybody something to drink.” She answered him back.

“Oh ok, here let me help.” He responded to her. 

As Taec goes into the cabinet and pulls out some glasses; Guigui is digging through the fridge.  She grabs some water and juices and carefully places them on the tray with the glasses.  Taec grabs onto the tray and carries it out while Guigui comes out with some soda cans in her hand.

“Who wants something to drink?” Taec asked.

Everybody turns around, “Aw.  Look, they are even acting like a married couple now.  Trying to entertain their guest, how cute,” Wooyoung said whiling has a big smile on his face.

“Wow, you two look so great together,” Victoria responded.

“Uh-huh, you guys are so cute together.  Just like a real married couple,” Chansung said.

“What do you mean like a real married couple?” Xiao Gui asked with a suspicious look on his face.

“Ah, what Chansung mean is,” Nichkun interrupted.  “They only been married for a week and yet they are acting like they have been married for years.  Right, Chansung?” Nichkhun said as he gives Chansung a dirty look.

“Right!  That is what I meant.  It’s not like I am trying to imply that their marriage is based on a contract or anything.  That would just be silly.” Chansung answered while letting out a nervous laugh.

“Better not be!” Jiro and Xiao Gui answered as they stares at chansung, unsure if he is telling the truth.

Guigui, feeling the intensity in the room, starts clapping her hands, “Ok everybody, do you guys all want to go grab a bit to eat?  I am starving?”

Everybody, including Taec turns to her and starts nodding their heads.

“Ok then.  That settles it.  Let’s go eat!” Guigui shouted excitedly.

Everybody walks out of the house and into their own respective car.

“That was a really good save Guigui.  You sure think fast on your feet,” Taec said praising her.  “I don’t know what would happen if the truth was to be exposed right there.”

Guigui force a smile on her face and looked at him, “Yeah, tell me about it.  I don’t want them to worry about me; so, I want to try and keep this as a secret from them for as long as possible.”

Taec looks at her, feeling a little sad towards her and began to nod his head as if he understand, “You know Guigui, sometimes you really do care too much about others and not enough about yourself.  You should try to change that, or else you will always get the short end of the stick.  And I would hate to see that happen to you because I care too much about you.”

Shocked by his words, she turns to him, “You…..care about me?”

“Yes, of course.  After all this time we spent together, you have become my closest friend, well beside from Nichkun.  He is the only other person who knows me best, but believe me, you’re catching up to him,” Taec answered her back while smiling.  He then thinks to himself, “Yes, that must be it.  I care for her as a friend.  That explains everything, of course!  I like her as a friend.”

Guigui looks at him for a while, “I care about you too.  You also have become a very dear friend to me.”