Spending Time Together

The Way We Used To Be

Later that night, when dinner was served; they both sit across from each other enjoying their meal. 

“How was your day?” Guigui asked.

“It was ok, same old same old.” Taec replied.

“What did you do?” Guigui asked again.

“Nothing much, sat in meetings for the entire day.  It was really exhausting.” Taec answered back.

As he began eating his dinner again, Guigui kept asking him questions about his day.

“Did you miss me that much that you are so curious as to what I did this entire day?” Taec jokingly asked.

“No, of course not; it’s just that it’s….”Guigui stops for a second with a sad look on her face.  “It’s just so boring since I can’t do anything but sit here!”

Taec looks at her and starts to smile.  “I’m sorry, but you have to do what the doctor says.  You need to rest and not walk around so much so your ankle can heal.”

Guigui looks at him with a pouting face.  “I don’t know how much longer I can do this.  It’s too boring, sure it’s fine for you because you get to go to work and do whatever you want but me on the other hand.  I am stuck here.”

“You’ve only been disable for two days, are you telling me that you are already sick of it?” Taec asked jokingly.

“YES!” Guigui shouted back.

“How about I stay home with you starting tomorrow until your ankle is healed, I can take you out to do stuff?” Taec suggested.

Suddenly, Guigui’s face began to glow.  “REALLY!?” Guigui asked.  “Really oppa, you can stay with me?”

Taec starts laughing and nods his head.

“Oh, thank you oppa.  I am so touched by that.  Thank you, now I won’t be bored anymore.” Guigui happily answered back with a huge smile on her face. 

After they finished their dinner, Taec helped Guigui up to her room and then left into his.  The next morning Taec goes to Guigui’s room and knocked on the door.

“Coming,” Guigui shouted.  A few seconds later, she opens the door.  “Morning oppa.”

“Morning, are you ready to go downstairs for breakfast?” Taec asked.

“Umm,” Guigui answered while nodding her head and smiling.

They head downstairs and sit at the table waiting for their food.  A few minutes later the maids comes out with their breakfast.  Once the maid had set down their food, they began eating. 

“What do you want to do today Guigui?” Taec asked.

“Anything, as long as I am not stuck here doing nothing.” Guigui quickly answered.

They finished their meal and gets ready to leave.  Taec helps Guigui get into his car and they drive off.  Since Guigui couldn’t really walk, Taec decided to take them to go watch a movie.  After the movie was over, he took them to a café to have some coffee and snacks.  As they were enjoying their snack and coffee, Taecyeon phone began ringing.  He looks down at the number and notices that it was his workplace.  He excused himself from the table to take the call.  After a few minutes later, he comes back to the table.

“Hey Guigui, I’m sorry but I have to go to work.  There are some documents that need my signature on them.”

“Oh, it’s ok oppa, go ahead.” Guigui answered back with a smile.  “You can take me back home.”

“Taec helps her up from the table and goes to his car.  After carefully placing her in his car, he gets in and begins driving.  After driving for a while, Guigui notice that they are heading in the opposite direction of Taecyeon’ s house.

“Where are you going?” Guigui asked.

“To work!” Taec replied without looking at Guigui.

“Aren’t  you going to take me home first?” Guigui asked.

“No, you can come with me since I know you are tired of staying there.” Taec answered her back looking at her.  “Besides it’ won’t take too long.”

Guigui smile at him and turned back to look out the window.  Once they arrived at his workplace, Taec had one of the security guard grab a wheel chair for Guigui.  He gently puts her in there and stroll her up to his office.  Taec places her by the window so she can enjoy the view while he quickly tries to finish signing all of the documents that needed his signature.  After a while of sitting there, Guigui quickly became bored and so she began strolling herself around his office, looking from one award to the next.  She then leaves and after a while, she enters back with some drinks in her lap.  Taecyeon, too focus on his work that he didn’t notice what Guigui had been doing.  She opens up a can of orange juice and places it in front of Taec, snapping him out of his work zone and back to where Guigui were. 

“Take a break and drink some juice first before continuing on with your work.” Guigui suggested.

 He looks at Guigui and sees her smiling at him.  He nods his head with a smile and takes the can.  They both sit there staring at each other while smiling as they drink their juices. 

“Did you go get this?” Taec finally asked.

Guigui nods her head, “Yes, you were so busy that I figure I should go get you something to drink and snack on.  But there wasn’t really anything from the vending machine that seemed edible to snack on so I just got us some juices instead.  Is that ok?”

“This is more than ok.  Thank you.” Taec replied back to her.

Whenever he was with Guigui, no matter what he or she was doing, she was always taking care of him.  She had always put him first before anything else.  He missed that about her.  He always felt so important whenever Guigui was next to him.  Taecyeon quickly drunk the juice and continue on with his work.  He wanted to quickly finish so he can enjoy the rest of the day with her.  Guigui, on the other hand, strolled out of his office and began to wonder around the building.  Once Taec was finished, he picked up his phone and gave Guigui a call.

“Where are you?” Taec asked as soon as Guigui picked up the phone.

“I am over by the elevator on the 7th floor.  Why, are you done already?”

“Yes I am, stay right there, I will be there shortly to come get you ok.”

“Ok oppa.” Guigui answered as she hung up the phone.

A few minutes later, the elevator door behind Guigui opens and Taecyeon steps out.  Guigui hears the bell and turn her head around. 

“Oppa, you’re here already.” Guigui answered with a smile.

Taec reaches for the wheelchair and rolled her inside the elevator.  Once they reached his car, Taec carries Guigui out of the wheelchair and into his car.  He walks to the other side and drives off.

“Are we going home now?” Guigui asked.

“Let’s grab dinner first huh?” Taec asked.

“Sure,” Guigui answered with a nod.  “Where do you want to go eat at?”

“Anywhere is fine, what would you like.”

“Can we have pasta?” Guigui asked.

Taec smiles at her and nods his head.  After driving for a while, Taec pulls up into the driveway of an Italian restaurant.  Taec helps Guigui out of the car and into the restaurant where the waitress came to greet and sit them.  They placed their order and waited for their food.  Taec could not take his eyes off of Guigui.  After waiting for so long, yarning for her presence to be next to his, she was finally there.  He didn’t want to miss a single moment while they were together because he knew that it wasn’t going to last long.  They began having a conversation among themselves while joking and laughing together.  Anybody and everybody in the restaurant can see just how much they were into each other and how perfect they were together.  After dinner was finished, they both get up and leave the restaurant.  Once they were in Taecyeon’s car, they drive off and headed home.  While driving home, Taecyeon’s phone began to ring.  Since Taecyeon was busy driving, Guigui reaches for his phone and answer the call.

“Hello, Taecyeon’s phone.” Guigui replied.

“Ah, oh hello, is Taecyeon there?” the voice answered back.

“Taecyeon is busy driving right now, can I take a message for him.”

“Sure, can you tell him that Nickhun called and for him to give me a call back.”

“Aaahhhhh….Nickhun, hello how are you doing?”

“Oh, hello, may I ask how this is?”

“It’s me, Guigui.”

“Guigui!?” Nichkun repeated back in a surprised tone.  “What are you doing answering Taecyeon’s phone?  When did you get back?  How are you doing?”

“Wow oppa, that’s a lot of questions.  I don’t even know where to start.” Guigui replied while giggling.

“Yeah, you’re right.  That is a lot of questions.  We should get together, everybody missed you.”

“Yeah, that would be nice.  I miss everybody too.”

Taecyeon turns to Guigui, “Who are you talking to?”

“Nichkun!” Guigui excitedly answered with a big smile on her face.

“Oh, tell him I will call him back later when we get home ok.” Taec replied with a smile.

Guigui nods her head and then relayed Taec’s message to Nichkun.  After they hang up the phone and Guigui stares out the window with a smile on her face.  She hadn’t spoken to Nichkun or the other guys since she left.  As Taec drove home, she thought about how they were all doing.  If they were happy or if they were busy. 

“I would really like to go and visit them before I leave,” she said aloud to herself without realizing it.  “I wonder what they have been up to lately.”

Taecyeon turns and look at her with a smile when he realizes that she is murmuring to herself.  They quietly drove the rest of the way home and when they finally arrived; he helped her up to her room.