The Conclusion Of Taec’s True Feelings

The Way We Used To Be

Taec stands out on the balcony with Yoona and his friends for a moment, unsure of what has been happening, he quickly then made his way back inside to look for Guigui.  He sees her across the room with her friends, and as much as he wanted to over there and take her by the hand to somewhere quiet; he wasn’t sure what he will say to her to make it better.  He felt as though he needed to apologize, but then again, it seems like he is always feeling that way towards her.  He didn’t know what he should do and so he stood there, watching her from afar.  His friends come over to him.

“So, what are you going do?” Jay asked.

“I don’t know,” Taec answered back.

“Go apologize!  That is the best thing to do right now,” Chansung urges.

“Yeah but, I feel like maybe Aaron is right.  Guigui is always getting the short end of the stick here whenever we are together.  Every time I need something or ask her for something, she does it.  You know that she has never even turned me down once, even when I myself feel that the request I made is unreasonable, she still doesn’t complain.  Instead she just smiles and goes along with it.  This isn’t the kind of husband I wanted to be, I feel that I am not worthy of her.  I wanted to protect her but instead, in reality, I was the one who she needed protection from.”

“Dude, go tell her that, let her know that you meant well and that your intentions were good.  Otherwise, this misunderstanding can break you two apart.  Is that what you want?” Junho asked.

“I don’t know what I want anymore.  I use to be so sure of what I wanted back then.  I knew that Yoona was the girl that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, and now, I don’t see that happening.  Instead, whenever I am with Guigui, I always seem to forget about Yoona.  And whenever I am not with Guigui, I can’t seem to get her off my mind.  I am always constantly thinking about her 24/7.  It seems to me that the only time when I won’t think about her is when she is next to me, and even then, if she isn’t smiling or talking to me, I find myself asking questions about her.  About if there is something wrong, why isn’t she smiling like how she normally does every day, why isn’t she talking to me, why is she ignoring me, why is she acting so distance?  Those are the constant questions that come to my mind.  I think about her so much that even I myself don’t know how to describe it.  I feel like suddenly out of nowhere, she became my world; someone who I can’t live without.”

"So what are you trying say Taec?  Is it what we think you are saying?” Junho, Nichkun, Jay, Chunsang, and Wooyoung asked curiously. 

“Yeah, I think it is.  I think,” Taec pauses for a moment and shakes his head, “No, I know I am in love with her.  It took a long time for me to figure it out but, I have finally understand what my heart is feeling towards her.  I think I’ve always knew but I was too scare, I didn’t want to admit it.  I kept telling myself that what I was feeling towards Guigui was guilt, not love.  I was also worry about how I was going to tell Yoona since we have been together for a while, but these feelings toward her, I can’t hide from them any longer.  I am in love with my wife!”

“Yeah, congratulations bro!” Jay shouted.  “You finally admit to it.  Now, go tell your wife that.”

“I’m happy for you Taec, but if you don’t tell her how you feel then it doesn’t make any differences on whether or not you know how you feel towards her,” Nichkun replied with a smile.

“Yeah,tell her  We’re happy for you, we really like Guigui,” Junho, Wooyoung, and Chansung answered.

Taec stands there for a couple of minutes thinking about how he should approach her.  After a while he was finally able to muster up enough courage to go over.  As he slowly approaches closer to Guigui, Yoona comes running out and into Taec’s arms.  Yoona reaches up and kisses him on the lips.  Guigui’s and her friends, after seeing the whole thing was in total shocked and unable to look away.  Taec quickly pulls Yoona off him and looks around the room to see if anybody noticed.  He felt reassured that nobody was watching and that everybody’s attention is towards his father while he was giving a speech. 

“Oh, he was so close.” Jay shouted out while cringing. 

Feeling relieved that nobody saw, Taec looks up at Guigui and realizes that she had saw the whole thing, the most important person that he didn’t want to see, saw.  He stood there, looking at Guigui, trying to figure out what she was thinking or how she was feeling from her expression. 

“Guigui, are you ok?” Victoria asked while slightly shaking her.

Victoria’s voice brought Guigui back to reality.  “Hm, I’m ok.  Excuse me, I have to go to the restroom.” Guigui answered back as she tries to hold back her tears, she suddenly felt sick in her stomach.  Guigui and Victoria quickly walks off and into the bathroom.  Taec quickly tries to follows but was unable to catch up.  By the time he reaches the bathroom, Guigui was already inside while Victoria was waiting outside by the door.

“What do you want?” Victoria asked.

“There is something I need to say to her,” Taec replied in a panic.  He wanted to go explain, he didn’t want Gugiui to misunderstand any more than she already had.

“Right now, isn’t the best time for you to talk to her!  If you have anything you want to say to her, you can tell me and I will let her know later.” Victoria answered.

“No, I have to speak to her.  I want to see if she is ok,” Taec shouted.

“She doesn’t want to speak to you right now, just go and leave her alone.  That is the best thing you can do for her” Victoria shouted back.

Taecyeon stands there in front of the bathroom door with Victoria, unwilling to move.  He wanted to speak with her and if that meant that he was going to have to stand there for hours, then so be it.  After a couple of minutes, the doors finally opened. 

Victoria pushes Taecyeon away, “Are you ok Guigui?”

“Yeah I am fine.  You don’t need to worry about me.  Everything is ok,” Guigui answered back with a big smile on her face.

“Are you sure,” Victoria asked again and then glances over at Taec, before turning back to Guigui, “I mean, are you really ok?”

“Yes really, I am fine.  You  worry too much,” Guigui replied back, still having that big smile on her face.

Taec comes up by Gugiui’s side, “Guigui, there’s….”

“I don’t want to talk to you right now and even if I did, there’s no need for you to explain or say anything; it’s not my business about what goes on between you and Yoona.  Let’s just leave it at that.  Now if you’ll excuse me, we still have uncle’s birthday party going on,” Guigui responded to Taec without looking at him.  Guigui was afraid that if she looked at him, tears might start coming out.  As Guigui and Victoria starts walking away, Taec grabs onto Guigui’s hand. 

“Wait,” Taec replied but before he could say anything else, he felt Guigui hand slapping him across the face.

“Don’t’ touch me!  This slap is to pay you back for earlier.  Now we are even,” Guigui answered as she pulls her hand away from Taec, feeling overwhelmed with sadness and anger; and began walking away again. 

Taec stands there, shocked that Guigui had just slapped him, he has never seen her so angry before.  He didn’t know what he should do.  Should he go after her again, or should he let her cool down first.  As he stands there thinking, he watches them enter back into the living hall and into the party again where they began mangling with their friends.  He notices Jay and Nichkun standing afar from him watching.  They walk over by him.

“Hey, are you ok?” Nichkun asked.

“Dude, you just got slap!” Jay replied while he begins to laugh.

“Shut up,” Taec responded and headed back into the party.

Throughout the night, Guigui ignored him and every time he came close to her, she would turn away as though he wasn’t even there.  She continued to chat with her friends while Taec is surrounded by his friends and Yoona, watching Guigui from afar.  Taec sees Aaron and Guigui getting up and going towards the dance floor for a slow dance. 

“How many times have they danced already?  Gosh, it’s like every slow song that comes on, they get up and go dance.” Taec thought to himself as he stared at them.

“Hey Taec, why don’t you go and ask her for a dance?” Chansung asked.

“I don’t know if she is willing to, she is really upset at me right now,” Taec replied.

Nichkun leaves the group and walks over to where Guigui and her friends are sitting.  “Hey Guigui, can I have this dance?”

Guigui, surprised that he had asked her, nodded her head with a smile.  “Sure, I would love to.”

They go over to the dance floor and began slow dancing as Taec watches with jealousy.  He wanted to ask her but yet, he was afraid that she would turn him down.  Feeling depress, Taec goes and sits at the bar and began ordering drinks for himself.  If he wasn’t going to be able to enjoy the party with Guigui then he mind as well get tipsy, he thought to himself.  After a while, Taec’s father comes up to Guigui and asked for a dance as well.  They go out to the dance floor and while dancing; her uncle began a conversation with her.

“Guigui, I have been watching you two for a while now, did you and Taec get into a fight?” Taec’s father asked.

“Huh?  Oh no uncle, we are just mangling with our friends, that’s all.  There is nothing to worry about,” Guigui answered back with a smile, trying to reassure her worrying uncle.

“Since you are leaving on Monday, don’t you think you should spend some time with him, especially since you won’t be letting him know that you are leaving?  You two should enjoy some time together before you leave.  Why don’t you go ask him to dance with you, the party will be ending soon and I have these photographer here whom I have hired to take some pictures of you two dancing together.” Her uncle suggested.

“I don’t know uncle, he may not want to dance,” Guigui answered with a little smile.

“Oh come on now.  What man wouldn’t want to dance with such a beautiful young woman like yourself.  Honestly, even this old fool wanted to dance with the most beautiful girl here.”

Guigui lets out a giggle.

“But in all seriousness, you should be trying to enjoy some alone time with Taecyeon.  He is going to be very sad and lonely when he finds out that you are gone, just like how he was this past week when you were busy working.  It’s the least you can do for him.  Leave him with some good memories.  Now, go on and ask him for a dance,” her uncle insisted.

Unable to say no and unable to tell him what had happen earlier, she smiles and nod.  She walks over to where Taec is sitting and takes a deep breath.

“Would you like to dance?” Guigui asked while trying to force a nice smile on her face.

“No, it’s ok,” Taec replied without turning around to see who it is.  Taec assumed that it was Yoona.

“Don’t tell me that you are still angry about me slapping you?” Guigui replied.

Surprise by the voice, Taec quickly turns around to see who it was, there in front of him he saw Guigui and before he could replied, she interrupted him.

“Fine, if it will make you feel better, why don’t you hit me once?  Then we can say that we are even.” Guigui answered as she leans her head towards his hand while pulling on his hand to hit her.

“No, I’m not going to hit you,” Taec responded back with a chuckle. 

Guigui lets out a giggle, “So, are you happy now?  You want to dance with me?”

Taec stares at her for a moment in disbelief.  He can’t believe that Guigui is standing in front of him, asking for a dance with him, when a while ago; she was extremely upset at him. 

“No,” Taec replied back.

“Ok, I won’t force you.  Have fun sitting here drinking by yourself,” Guigui answered back while she shrug her shoulders.  As she turns to walk away, Taec quickly grabs her hand.  She turns around and sees him smiling at her.

“I’m just kidding, sorry for not asking you sooner to dance, causing you to come and ask me instead but Guigui, can I have the honor of dancing with you?” Taec asked.

Guigui smile sweetly at him and nods her head.  They walk over to the dance floor and began dancing together.  All of his friends cheered for them as the photographer took plenty of pictures of them.  They danced and danced and danced in silence, without saying one word to each other.  They just stood there dancing while staring into each other’s eyes lovingly, forgetting about the arguements that they had earlier and forgetting that there are people around them.  They felt as though there were only the two of them, until finally, the party was over.