A Gift For You

The Way We Used To Be

They both woke up the next morning lying next to one another.

“Morning,” Taec softly said to her in a whispering tone.

“Oh, morning,” guigui replied back.  “What time is it,” Guigui asked as she held out her arm to look at her watch.  “Oh shoot, get up Taec or else we will be late for work.”

Guigui quickly jumps out of bed and runs to the bathroom as Taec quickly do the same once he noticed what time it was.  After they were finish washing up, they headed downstairs to eat breakfast together.  They rushed to hurry up with their breakfast since there wasn’t much time left.  Once they were finished, they ran out to the car, “Here Guigui, I will take you to work.” Taec shouted as he opens up the door.  Guigui nodded and rushed over to his car.  They quickly made their way to her workplace and as she was getting out of his car, he grabs her arm, “Hey, I will pick you up for lunch at 1:00pm ok,” Taec said to her.  She nods her head and quickly gets out of his car to make her way into the building. 

Once 1:00pm came around, Guigui goes outside and sees that Taec was already waiting outside for her.  After they finished their lunch he took her back to work and let her know that he will be picking her up from work at 6:00pm.  After they both were finished with their work, they went home and enjoyed dinner together before returning to their own separate room to rest for the night.

This continues on as the days turns to weeks, and weeks turns to months. 

“Hey Guigui, I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon ok.  I have a business meeting that will take probably four days before I return,” Taec said to Gugiui one morning while they were enjoying breakfast together.  “I will have one of our driver drive you to work and back.”

“Oh really, where will you be going?” Guigui asked.

“Japan,” Taec answered back.

“Oh ok, have a safe trip.” Guigui responded, “But Taec, I don’t need the drivers to drive me.  I can go by myself.”

“How are you going to go by yourself when you don’t have a car.” Taec asked her.

“Hm….I can always take a taxi or bus!” Guigui excitedly said.  “I don’t want to be a burden to them, they are always so busy.”

Taec sat there for moment thinking, he looks at Guigui, “Hey, you have your driver license right?”

“Uh-huh.  I got it ever since I came here.” Guigui replied.  “Why?”

“Oh it’s nothing, just wondering.” Taec quickly answered back with a smile.  After he dropped Guigui off at work, Taec decided to go to the car dealership.  After carefully examining each car and asking plenty of questions about which one is the safest to drive.  He finally picked one out.  He paid for it and asks the dealership to drive it to their house.

After work, he went and picked up Guigui, “I have a present for you,” Taec said to Guigui with a big smile on his face.

Curious of what it can be, Guigui became excited and couldn’t wait to get home.  She began asking questions about what it was.  Once they returned home and got out of the car, Taec covered Guigui’s eyes and led her towards the car that he had bought for her.

“Tada,” Taec shouted as he removed his hands from her eyes. 

Guigui stood there in shock, unsure of what to say to him.  She looks at him, “You bought me a car?” Guigui asked shocked.

“Yup, since you didn’t want to have the drivers drive you, I figure I will buy you a car and you can drive yourself to work while I am gone.  So?  What do you think, you like it?”

“It’s nice, but I could’ve bought it for myself.  Besides, it’s kind of a waste of money don’t you think.  Since you will only be gone for a couple of days, what is the point of buying it?” Guigui asked.  “You should take it back.”

Taec surprised that Guigui wasn’t happy with the gift and didn’t want to accept it.  He thought that Guigui would’ve been so happy that he even thought that she would give him a kiss on the cheek.   “Wow, she is really different from Yoona, if it was Yoona.  She would’ve been so happy and would’ve given me a kiss.  Instead, she doesn’t want to accept it and wants me to return it.  What is wrong with her?” Taec thought to himself.

 After a long time of convincing Guigui, she finally accepted the gift and gave him a smile.  “Thank you, but when you said you had something to give me; I thought it would’ve been something small, like maybe some candy or something small like that.  I didn’t expect a car.  Sorry if I sound so ungrateful, I was just stunned; that’s all.”

Taec nods as if he understands and they went inside the house to wash up.  Afterwards, they went back downstairs to have dinner together.

“Hey Taec, since you bought me car, why don’t I send you to work and to the airport tomorrow huh?” Guigui asked.

“Sure, that will great.” Taec answered.

They quickly finished their meal and went to sleep.

The next morning Guigui drove Taecyeon to work, “I’ll be back to pick you up later to take you to the airport ok.” Guigui said to Taec as he got out of the car.

Taec nodded and went into the building as Guigui drove off.  Later it was time for Guigui to take Taec to the airport, as he came outside, Guigui was already outside waiting.  He gets into the car and she drove him to the airport.

“You can just drop me off here, you don’t need to go inside and wait with me.” Taec said as he pointed to the entrance of the airport. 

Guigui nods as she understands and pulled over.  As Taec got out of the car Guigui stops him, “Give me a call to let me know that you have arrived safely there ok?”

“Sure, I will call you when I land ok.”

“Ok, also have a safe trip.  Don’t work too hard and remember to always have breakfast, lunch, and dinner ok.  Don’t skip your meals even if you are busy!”

“Ok, I understand.  I have to go check in now so you should leave.” Taec responded to Guigui with a smile.

Guigui nods and leave as Taec makes his way in and checks in to board his flight.