Awkard Feelings

The Way We Used To Be

As Taecyeon and Guigui lay in their separate beds that night, thinking about what had taken place earlier; they both came to realize that everything between them could no longer exist or yet, never had existed.

“Get a hold of yourself Guigui, you knew this day would come.  It just happened sooner than later, that’s all.  Don’t act so surprise, or else you will make it harder on Taec,” Guigui quietly whisper to herself before going asleep.

The next morning Taec gets up and goes downstairs for breakfast.  He sees Guigui already sitting at the table eating her breakfast.

“Morning Taec Oppa,” Guigui manages to say after swallowing her food.  She looks at him and smile. 

Unsure of what to do, he quickly replied, “Morning.”

As they sat there, eating their breakfast together like how they normally do, Taec thought to him, “Why is it so awkward right now.  Why can’t I bring myself to say anything to her?  I should apologize for yesterday, just tell her the truth.  Tell her that you had forgotten about picking her up for lunch and dinner because you were too excited about seeing Yoona.  Say you’re sorry.”  He silently ate his food while glancing at her every few seconds, waiting for the perfect time to apologize.

“Why do you keep looking at me, do I have something on my face,” Guigui finally asked as she continues to eat her food without looking at Taec.

“Huh?  No, there’s nothing there.  Hey Guigui,” Taec began but was interrupted by Guigui.

“Look Taec, you don’t need to say anything or feel so uncomfortable around me; it’s ok I understand.  Since Yoona is back now, we can pretend that we are cousins so she won’t find out ok.  Let’s just continue on like how we did before, enjoying each other’s company whenever we can as friends.” Guigui puts down her eating utensils and looks at him with a smile, noticing that he had taken off his wedding ring.  “It is making me feel worse than I already do, with you feeling so tense around me like this.  So, what do you say?  Let’s continue getting along like we are friends, ok!?”

Taec looks at Guigui for a moment and nods his head.  She gives him a big smile and gets up to go back to her room to prepare herself for work.  They leave the house together and heads to work.  During the ride to work, they both remain silent, unable to say anything to each other due to the tension that Taec was feeling.  As he pulled over to drop her off, he turns to her and finally spoke, “I won’t be able to pick you up for lunch, but I will be back to pick you up later so we can go home together ok.”

Guigui nods and walks into her office.  They spent each day repeating the same routine; Taec takes her to work, and then picks her up to come home.  But because he still feels uncomfortable and guilty towards Guigui, they no longer had much to talk about and it seems that they were no longer enjoying each other’s company.  It became more of a hassle to them than anything else, especially since Taec wants to spend more time with Yoona, but yet, he still wanted to hang out with Guigui as well. 

Two weeks past and finally Guigui couldn’t take this awkwardness anymore, “Hey Taec, I will start driving myself to work from now on ok.  It will give you more time to spend with Yoona.” Guigui finally muster up the courage to say to him.

Taec was shocked at what Guigui said but yet he was happy as well because it would give him some extra time to spend with Yoona.  The next day Taec and Guigui got up and ate their breakfast together and then went their own separate ways to work.  While Guigui was busy with starting a new restaurant with Aaron, Taec was enjoying his extra time with Yoona. 

“Oppa, I need to find a modeling job soon.  I have been back for almost a month now and I still can’t find anything.  The reason why nobody will hire me is because I took a couple of months off from modeling to go to the states, and now I nobody will hire me.  Oh, I feel like I am going to go crazy.” Yoona complained to Taec.  “And what makes it worst is that I heard that two very famous designer are living here in Seoul.  They are the best back in the states you know.  Everybody who knows fashion, know who they are.  I wish I could meet them, then that way I can be the new face for their clothing line.  Everybody will know who I am then.”

“What are their names?” Taec asked curiously, remembering that two of Guigui’s friends are from the states and also that they have their own clothing lines.

“It’s Mr. Jiro and Mr. Xiao Gui.” Yoona answered back, feeling depressed.

“Oh, I think I know them!” Taec quickly answered.

“Really!?” Yoona asked excitedly.

“Well, I don’t know them like that, but my…” Taec pauses to catch himself before he could say the word wife.  “My, hm….my cousin that you met last time knows them.”

“Oh, well do you think you can ask her to introduce me to them. Please Taec,” Yoona begged.  “I will love you forever if you do this for me.  Please.  Pretty please!”

Taec sits there for a moment thinking, but unable to say no to Yoona, he agrees, “I’ll talk to her to see if she can introduce you to them ok.”

Yoona jumps out of her seat excitedly, hugging and kissing him.  Taec stands there with a big smile on his face; happy that he was able to cheer her up.  He drops her off at home and as she went inside, he left.