The Fallout Of A Misunderstanding

The Way We Used To Be

A couple of days have passed by as Guigui gets ready and rushes through her breakfast.  Once she was finish, she went to work and met up with Aaron.  They go into her office and discuss about their plans of the restaurant that they were opening.

“So far everything looks great to me,” Guigui replied after looking over all the documents.  She than passes it to Aaron.  “Is there anything else that you would like to add onto here before we go ahead and start with the renovation?”

“No, I am very happy with everything that we have on here already.” Aaron responded.  Before he could say anything else, Guigui’s phone rang.

“Hello,” Guigui answered.  “How are you doing Mr. Chen?”

Aaron listen in onto their conversation, and before he realized, Guigui was asking Mr. Chen to reconsider.  “I am sure if you give her one more chance, she will do better.  What do you say Mr. Chen.”

“No, I am very sorry Guigui but I can’t deal with her anymore.  I can’t stand her attitude, she won’t listen to reasons.  She’s always late for her own photo shoot and leaves whenever she wants to.  I am just calling to let you know that I had fired her earlier.” 

As Mr. Chen hangs up the phone, Yoona overheard the last part of the conversation; misunderstanding that it was Guigui’s idea to have her fired.   Upset at what had happen, she calls up Taecyeon.  He comes and picks her up.

“What’s wrong Yoona, why do you seem so upset?” Taec asked.

“I am upset!  Your wife got me fired from my job today!” Yoona shouted as she turns and looks at him.  “I can’t believe she would do that to me.”

“What are you talking about Yoona?  Guigui isn’t that kind of person, come on, think about it.  If she was going to have you fired, why would she have helped you get the job?  It doesn’t make sense.”

“It does make sense oppa, you just don’t know how devious she really is.  She has never shown you her true self.” Yoona replied.

“What are you talking about her true self?  I have been living with her for 9 months and I have been married to her for 7 months.  I think I know how she is.”

“Really oppa, you do?  She is a completely different person when you‘re not around.  I overheard the conversation Mr. Chen had with her.  And he specifically said that he was calling her to let her know that he did what she asked him to do; which was to fire me.  Did you know that she told me that she hated me and the fact for that is because we are still together despite the fact that she is now your wife?  Also, did you know that she told me to stay away from you huh, did you?  She also told me that she sees you as a burden in her life because she had to help you and that she is so uncomfortable with you around her because we always are together.  She is always jealous of our relationship.  Why do you think she has been ignoring you and why she suddenly stopped talking to you?   She is always saying those kinds of stuff to me whenever she sees me and you’re not around.  So tell me oppa, do you still think she is a good person now?”

After hearing what Yoona had said, Taec was shocked.  He was angry and hurt at the same time.  He couldn’t believe that the one person who he thought he was really connected to and someone who he thought understood him only saw him as burden, a person who was making her life hard.  Also, he couldn’t believe that after everything, Guigui was jealous and was treating Yoon that way.  He became quiet as he drove Yoona home.  He pulls over in front of Yoona’s house.

“Oppa are you angry?  I am sorry if what I said had upset you but I thought that you should know the truth about what kind of person she is.” Yoona replied as she puts on a sad face.

“No, it’s alright.  I am glad that I found out now rather than later.  Thank you, and sorry, but I am only dropping you off in front of your house today.  I won’t be walking you in.” Taec responded.

Yoona nods her head and gets out of his car and goes into her house.  Taecyeon began to drive again, and this time it was to Guigui’s workplace.  He parked his car and rushed into her office.

“Sir, I am sorry but you can’t go in there,” her assistant shouted after Taec as he made his way into her office.  “Sir, please you have to wait.”

Guigui looks up to see what all the ruckus was about.  To her surprise Taec was stand in her office.

“I’m sorry Ms. Wu, I couldn’t stop him.” Her assistant said.

Guigui nodded her head and waved her hand, indicating that it was alright and he could leave. 

“What the hell is your problem?” Taec shouted as soon as the assistant left the room and closed the door.

Guigui, looking away to the side toward her laptop screen, held out one of her finger to indicate that she needed a moment.

“No, don’t give me that bull.  Answer me right now!” Taec shout as he steps forward.  He soon noticed that Guigui was on a call on her laptop.  She quickly ended her call and closed her laptop.

“What is going on, what is up with all this ruckus you are causing in my company?” Guigui asked confusedly.

“Why did you do it?” Taec asked angrily.

“Do what, what did I do?” Guigui asked.

“Don’t play dumb with me, I know about everything.”

“Know what?  What do you know?”

“About Yoona getting fired.”

“Oh, about that.  Taec…” Guigui began but was interrupted by Taecyeon.

“If you didn’t want to help her get the job in the first place, you should’ve just said so.  Instead, here you are pretending to be somebody that you’re not.  What is wrong with you?  How can you have her fired because of the relationship I have with her.  You knew from the start that she was the one that I loved and wanted to married.”

Guigiu, shocked at what was coming out of Taec’s mouth, sat there trying to figure out what he was trying to get at.  “What exactly are you talking about?”

“You know what I am talking about.  I am talking about the fact that you had Mr. Chen fired Yoona from her job just because you are jealous of my relationship with her.  If you had a problem with it, you should’ve came to me instead, not take it out on her.  Yoona told me everything about what you have been saying to her whenever I am not around.  What right do you have to tell her to stay away from me and what right do you have to hate her.  She is the person who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, you are just an outsider who intruded in on our relationship.  Don’t you forget that!”  Taec began to accuse her of being jealous, and told her that her actions were of an ugly woman.

“Aren’t you even going to listen to my side of the story?” Guigui asked.

“No, there is no reason why I should believe a conniving, deceitful, devious like you.” Taec shouted back at Guigui.

At this point, Guigui had reach her limit.  She knew that no matter what she said or how much she explained herself to him, he was not going to believe her.  His mind was already mind up before he even came in.  “Yes, that’s right!  I am a conniving !” Guigui shouted back at Taec.  “So what if I did all of those things, I can do whatever I want.  Can’t nobody stop me, I wanted Yoona fired so I had Mr. Chen do it, so what!

“Wah, now you aren’t even denying it anymore huh.  You aren’t going to pretend like your innocent and I am monster.  I can’t believe that I trusted you.”

“I don’t care, this is me.  This is who I have always been.  It’s a good thing you found out, I was starting to get tired of acting.  Now if you will excuse me, get out I still have work to do!” Guigui shouted back at Taec.  She looks up and sees that he isn’t moving.  “Didn’t you hear me, are you deaf?  I said GET OUT!”

“Don’t worry, I am leaving.  I can’t even stand the sight of you.  You disgust me!” Taec responded back and left.

As Taec left the office, Guigui broke down into tears.  All the tears that she was holding in came bursting out.  Aaron, who was overheard everything came in to comfort her.

“Guigui, why did you admit to those things when you didn’t do any of it?” Aaron asked.

“Because, you should’ve seen the way how he looked.  He had already made up his mind and he chose to side with Yoona.  What is the point of trying to explain myself if I know that he isn’t even going to believe me at all.”

Aaron held onto Guigui as she cried.  “Guigui, are you going to be ok.  I can’t keep seeing you like this, it’s breaking my heart.  Please, just leave him, like Jiro said last time, we can all just go back to the states.  What do you say?”

Guigui whips her tears and shake her head.  “I can’t right now.  Uncle isn’t back yet.”

“Who cares Guigui, why do you care so much about him when obliviously he doesn’t care about you at all?  I know you are in love with him, but still, he is in love with somebody else.  If you continue to stay here with him, in the end it’s going to hurt you even more.  I don’t want to see you get hurt again, not like the last time.”

Guigui nods her head to show that she understands, “I will leave back to the states with you guys, but, not until uncle returned and I can explain everything to him.”

“When will that be?”

“I just spoke with him the other day, he will be arriving back in one week.” Guigui answerd.

Aaron nods his head, “Guigui, I think it’s best if you don’t stay at his house anymore.  You want to come and stay with me instead?”

Guigui nods her head, “I know that if I don’t agree to stay with you, you will be very worried huh?”

“Yes, you are correct.  I am always worry about you Guigui.”

“Ok, I will stay with you, but only until uncle returns.  When he comes back, I have to go back home so I can talk to him and let him know that I will be returning back to the states.”

“Ok, well let me go get you something to drink ok.”

Aaron walks out of the office and grabs Guigui something to drink.  The day slowly drifted by and finally, the day was over. 

“Let’s go together back to your house to grab your stuff,” Aaron suggested.

“Hm, can you drive your car as well, once we get there, I will be leaving this car with Taec; since he is the one who bought it anyways.”

They drove to Guigui’s house and walks up into her room.  She began packing some clothes and the things that she will need for work.  She didn’t want to pack too many things because it will become a hassle when she returns back in a week.  As they both left her room and walked down the stairs, Taec returned home.  Taec looks up and see Aaron’s arm around Guigui while carrying her luggage.  He wanted to say something to her but decided that it was best not to.  They walked pass each other without saying a single word to one another.  They go outside and Taec watches from the window.  Aaron opens the door for Guigui and she gets in.  He then put her luggages in the trunk and got into the car.  As they drove off, Taec watches silently with a pain in his chest.