Making Amend

The Way We Used To Be

Taecyeon spends the entire night outside of Yoona’s house, pounding on her door and apologizing over and over again; asking her to open the door so he can explain.  It got to the point where all of Yoonas’ neighbors started coming out of their houses, telling him to shut up.  Finally, Yoona had no choice but to open the door and let him inside.

“What do you want?” Yoona asked in a sad tone.

“Yoona, I love you.  I want to be with you.” Taec answered back as he takes hold of her hand.  “Please let me explain.”

Yoona pulls her hand away from Taec and walks over to the couch.  She sits down and began to cry.  “I can’t believe you are married.  I will never trust you again!”

Taecyeon rushes over to the couch and hugs her, reassuring her that she is the only one that he loves.  He then explained everything to Yoona, of how and why he had to marry Guigui.  Yoona asks him to leave afterwards so she can have some time alone to think about what she wanted to do, whether it was to continue their relationship of almost 3 years or to break up.  Taec obeyed her wishes and went to Nichkun’s house, where he spends the nights.

The next morning Taec sits on Nichkun’s couch, staring at his phone to see if Yoona would call him.

“Argh I swear, this is all of Guigui’s fault.  If she didn’t invite everybody over, Yoona would never find out.  Yoona and me would still be happy right now.” Taec complained to Nichkun and his friends.

They all sat there quietly, listening to Taecyeon pushing all the blame onto Guigui; until they couldn’t take it anymore.

“YA! How can you sit there and say it’s all of her fault?  What, you didn’t have anything to do with it?” Wooyoung shouted.

“That’s right, how can you say that.  You were the one who suggested that you two get married with that stupid contract.” Chansung jumped into the conversation.

“Yeah besides, if you would’ve remembered that you had a wife, none of this would’ve happen.  What kind of idiot takes his girlfriend back to his house, where his wife is staying at?” Junho chimed in.

“YA!!!!! Who’s side are you on huh?  Whose friends are you guys?” Taec shouted back.

 “We’re on hers.  We felt so bad for her after you screamed at her and ran off chasing after Yoona.” Wooyoung said.  “We are the unlucky ones; we were standing there as her friends picked on us, blaming us for your mistakes!”

“Who told you guys to go there in the first place anyways?” Taec screamed back.

“Taec man, calm down.” Nichkun and Jay finally interrupted.

“Look, right now we know that you are worry about Yoona and that you love her very much.  But can’t you at least give a little consideration to Guigui, instead of blaming her for everything.” Jay replied.

“Yeah Taec, even after you screamed at her and left, she still didn’t let anybody blame you; instead she took all of the blame herself.  How can you sit there and blame her as well, especially when you know you are to blame as well.” Nichkun responed.

“He’s right.  I can’t believe how selfish you are being and I can’t believe you treated her that way, especially on such an important day for her.  Did you forget why everybody was gathering there?” Jay answered.  “You just made that night for her even worst by throwing your attitude around.”

Taec sits there thinking about what that day was, finally he remembered.  He remembered why everybody was gathered there and how he had made a promise to Guigui that he was going to be there as well.  “Ah, it was her parents’ memorial!” Taec finally shouted aloud.

“Bingo!” Jay said.

Taec sat at the couch in total silence, thinking about what had happen the day before.  He felt bad towards Guigui, but he felt even worse towards Yoona.  He picks up his phone and calls Yoona, hoping that she will answer his phone call this time.  Instead, there was no answered and it went straight to her vocicemail.  Taecyeon lets out a sign and turns to his friends, “What should I do?  Yoona won’t pick up my call.”

“Just let her be, sooner or later she will call you to let you know of her decision,” Nichkun answered. 

Taec puts his phone back down, “I suppose your right, but I just want her to know that I am sorry and that I really do love her, you know.”

“Dude, she knows ok.  Think about how many times she stood you up because of work, think about all those times that you had purpose to her and she turned you down and you still stuck around,” Jay replied.  “If she can’t see all the love you have for her than she must be blind because it’s so oblivious.  What kind of man would continually make a fool out of themselves like that for someone who they don’t love?”

Taec nods and sit there patiently, and suddenly his phone rings.  “Hello,” Taec immediate answered.

“Oppa, come over and let’s talk.  I have made up my mind.” Yoona replied back.

With a big smile on his face, he rushes out to his car and drove to her house.  She opens the door for him and they both go sit down on her couch.

“I’ve thought long and hard about it.  I decided that I will believe you this one time, because when I think about all those times that I had stood you up and you were still able to believe and trust in me.  So I think this time, it’s my turn to do the same for you.  Just tell me, how much longer go you still have left on your contract?” Yoona asked Taec.

“We have 6 months to go before our 1 year is up,” Taec answerd.

“6 more months; that is a long time that I will have to wait!” Yoona shouted.

Taec stares at her for a moment before answering.  “It may seem long but trust me; the time will fly by, just like how I have waited for you.”

Yoona nods her head, “Ok, but you have to promise me 3 things.”

“Sure, what is it?” Taec quickly replied.

“Don’t you want to know what they are first before agreeing?”

“No, what it is, I will definitely agree to it, as long as you say that you will stay with me.”

Yoona nods her head and began with her conditions, “1, you are forbidden to fall in love with her.  2, you must never mention about her being your wife when we are together, and 3, no matter what it is that you are busy doing, you must answer your phone at all times and if I ask you to come to me; you must immediately come without questions.  Do you agree?”

“Yes, those are simple matters.  They won’t be a problem.” Taec answered as he hugs her. 

While he spent the entire day with Yoona at her house, Gugui’s friends had come to pay Guigui a visit.

“Guigui, I think you should reconsider staying here.” Jiro suggested.

“Why?” Guigui asked.

“Because, it’s only going to get harder on you if you continue to stay here with Taec; he doesn’t love you, he was just using you to get his way.  I feel that it is best if you leave here, we can all go back to the states.  What do you say?” Xiao Gui asked.

“I can’t.  I made a promise with Taec.  I can’t leave until our contract is up.”    

“How long do you have left before your contract is up?” Aaron asked.

“We have about 6 moths left.  I can’t just up and leave; what if uncle comes back and I am not here, he will blame it on Taec Oppa and not give him his inheritance.  If that was to happen then all of this would’ve been a waste.” Guigui insisted.

After many hours and many tries of trying to convince Guigui to leave Taec, they finally gave in.  “Ok fine, 6 more months it is then.  But just to let you know, we will not sit still if he hurts you in any way.  If he ever does that, we will hit him where it hurts most, his wallet.  We will pull the plug on our entire families’ stock shares and investments in his business and cause it to go bankrupt.  That will show him, that bastard who is so worry about his inheritance that he was even willing to sacrifice you along the way.  That way, he really will be left with nothing.”

“You guys don’t say such scary words.  Knowing how many stocks each of your family have in his company, if all of you guys were to decide to do that, you really would force uncle and Taecyeon oppa into bankruptcy.  So please, don’t mention about this ever again, even if it is a joke.” Guigui pleaded.

“Ok, we understand.  We won’t do something horrible like that to him,” Xiao Gui replied.  “But, there are plenty of other ways to torture him,” Xiao Gui mumble while giggling to himself.  

 As Guigui’s friends ate dinner with her and left home, Taec was enjoying dinner together with Yoona before finally left home.  As he got home, Guigui was waiting up for him.

“Your home, I wasn’t sure if you were going to return back today.” Guigui responded as soon as she sees Taec walking through the door.  “Did you have dinner already, or would you like me to prepare something for you?”

“No it’s ok.  I already ate with Yoona.” Taec replied and walked up to his room.  He wanted to turn back around and apologize to Guigui about how he had acted the other night, but then he decided that there was no need for that because Guigui should understand.  Besides, it seems like nowadays nobody understood his feelings or thoughts as much as Guigui did.  He goes into his room and went to sleep.