Day Before Uncle’s Party

The Way We Used To Be

The week quickly past by as everybody was busy with preparing for Taecyeon’s father birthday party, especially for Guigui; since she was busy finalizing her plans for the new restaurant and trying to shop for a gift for her uncle.  Everyday Guigui would leave to work early in the morning and not return home until very late at night; there were even nights where Aaron and her spent the night at the office pulling an all-nighter.  Soon it was Friday morning and as Guigui quickly gets ready and rushed to leave for work, her uncle stops her.

 

“Guigui, won’t you join us for breakfast?” her uncle asked her as he stood at the dining table.

 

“Oh uncle,” Guigui answered as she looks at her watch, “I am sorry, but I can’t.”

 

“Why not, you’ve missed out on breakfast and dinner this whole week.  We don’t even see you, except for in the morning when you are running out,” Taec replied back, feeling a little annoyed that even though she had returned home, he had still not had a chance to talk or spend time with her.

“I’m sorry, but I have an early meeting I must get to and if I stay here any longer; I will be late.  Another day ok Uncle,” Guigui answered with a smile on her face to her uncle.

Her uncle nods his head to her to let her know that he understands and Guigui rushes out the door and into Aaron’s car.  As they leave, Taec stands at the window looking at them.  Taecyeon comes back and sits down at the dining table so they can continue on with their breakfast.  After they were finished, Taec headed off to work as his father stayed home to relax.  Later that afternoon, Yoona came to Taec’s workplace to take him out on lunch.

“Oppa, are you busy?” Yoona asked as she enters into his office.

“Oh Yoona, you’re here already?” Taec asked not feeling surprise.  Yoona had come every day to take him to lunch since she was no longer working.  “Give me a few minutes ok, I have to finish up these really fast.”

Yoona nods her head and sat down on his couch waiting impatiently for him.  After a few minutes she looks at him, “Oppa, are you done yet?  It’s been a while already.”

“No, not yet, just wait a little longer,” Taec replied.

Yoona sits there for a few more minutes and then gets up and walks over to Taec.  She looks at what he is doing and then take the papers away from him, “Oppa, let’s go eat.  I am starving, these don’t even look important.”

“Yoona, give me back my papers, I really need to finish those.  It’s really important so just wait a little bit longer ok.”

Yoona throws the paper back onto Taec’s desk and began to pout, “What, are these more important to you then I am?  I told you, I am starving!  I don’t want to wait anymore, Oppa, let’s go!  Come on, ok, let’s go eat.”  Yoona began to pull on Taec’s arm as she repeats herself, telling him to get up and go.

Taec, unable to do anything, gives in and gets up from his desk, “Ok.  Fine let’s go eat then.”

They leave his office and drives to a restaurant.  As they walk in, Taec immediately notices Guigui and Aaron sitting at a table together.  Both of them were sitting next to each other and Aaron arms was wrap around Guigui’s chair, as Guigui and Aaron were leaning close together.  Taec immediately walks over to their table.

“What are you guys doing?” Taec asked after letting out a fake cough.

Both Aaron and Guigui looks up, “Oh Oppa, what are you doing here?” Guigui asked.

“I came to have lunch with Yoona, what about you?  I thought you were busy with work, but I see that you are here to just play around with Aaron,” Taec replied.

“Oppa, watch what…” Guigui answered, but was interrupted by the waiter before she could finish.

“Sir, would you like two more seats so they can join you?” the waiter came and asked Aaron.

“YES!” Taec replied back before Aaron or Guigui could respond.

The waiter looks over to them and Aaron nods his head, indicating that it was ok to have the two guests join them.  Yoona and Taec walked over to the other side and sat down while Aaron and Guigui continued on with their conversation.   Guigui reaches down to her bag and pulled out a drawing, she began pointing out some flaws that she seems concern about while Aaron looks at the picture.

“Yeah, I see what you mean.  I will call the contractor up and let them know,” Aaron replied with a smile on his face as she looks at Guigui. 

“YA!  It’s lunch time; must you two sit there and talk about work?” Taec shouted, interrupting both Guigui and Aaron’s conversation.  “Hurry, put those away; our food will be out any minute now!”

Guigui and Aaron looks at each other for a moment, before deciding to continue on with their work. 

“YA!  Didn’t you hear me, put it away will you.  It is embarrassing.” Taec shouted again.  He began to nag them until finally; Guigui was tired of hearing his nagging.

“YA!  If you think it’s so embarrassing or whatever, why don’t you go and sit somewhere else!” Guigui answered back.

“What is wrong with you?  Why are you yelling, don’t you know people are watching.” Taec responded back to Guigui.

“Oppa, maybe we should leave them alone, they seem really busy.” Yoona replied back to Taec as well.

“No, I know they aren’t busy.  They are just trying to use that as an excuse for their date!” Taec replied back to Yoona.

“YES!  If you already know that this is a date then why are you interrupting us?” Guigui finally snapped.

Taec surprised at Guigui’s response, sat there in silence for a moment, “Wah, so you are finally admitting it huh?  I can’t believe you are dating him, while we are still married.”

“What’s wrong with that?  Aren’t you here on a date as well?  Since we are both on a date, why don’t you just go and enjoy your meal at some other table!” Guigui replied back while sneering at Taec.

Taec was speechless, he knew what she said was true.  He was there on a date with Yoona, but still, he didn’t want to leave that table.  He wanted to stay there with them so he can keep an eye on them.  The waiter came out while carrying their food.

“YA!  You think I want to sit here with you, I would move, but…..”Taec answered as he began to look around, thinking of an excuse.  “But see, the waiter is already bringing out our food.  It would be too much of a hassle for him if me and Yoona all of a sudden decides to move to a different table.”

Guigui looks and see that the waiter was approaching them; she then turned back and looked at Taec.  “Ya, you can still move if you want to.  Don’t let that stop you from enjoying your date.”

“No, that would just be rude.  Besides, I like this table, it has a really nice view,” Taec answered back.

Guigui takes a deep breath and just shrug her shoulders, indicating that she gives up.  “Do whatever you want, just stop talking to me.”

As the food arrived at their table, Guigui and Aaron put their work away.  They sat there enjoying their meals.

“Guigui, here taste this steak, it’s really good,” Aaron said to Guigui as he cut up a piece and held it up by .

“Oh wow, it is delicious,” Guigui answered.  “Hum….I should have gotten the steak instead.”

“You want to trade?” Aaron asked.

“Really?” Guigui replied.

“Sure!”

“Hum…I will feel bad, how about we split it up in half.  You can have half of my food and I will take half of your steak?” Guigui answered with a smile.

Aaron sits there laughing first before responding, “Sure, that will be ok too.”

Taec stares at them in jealousy as Yoona looks at Taec’s reaction.

“Oppa, here try this,” Yoona said to Taec as she put some food by his face, trying to distract him.  She didn’t want him staring at another woman.  All of his attention should be focus on her, not at Guigui.

Taec moves her hand away from his face, since it was blocking his view of Guigui and Aaron.  “No thanks, you go ahead and enjoy your food.  I have mine.”

Taec began eating his food, while still staring at the two love birds.  The more he stared, the more annoyed he felt.  He was irritated by Aaron’s very presence.  He sees Aaron cutting up the steak in half and putting it onto Guigui’s plate; Guigui then took half of her pasta and placed it on Aaron’s plate.  Taec, feeling frustrated and angry at their lovey dovey actions finally snaps.  He stood up and grabs Guigui by her hand, pulling her out of the restaurant.

“Ya!  What are you doing?” Guigui asked as she is being dragged out of the restaurant.

“Be quiet, come on let’s go.” Taec replied as he continues to pull on Guigui’s arm without looking back at her.

 

He pulls her all the way outside and into his car, forgetting that he had come there with Yoona.  He goes to the other side and drives off as Aaron and Yoona comes out of the restaurant and stands there in utter shocked of what just happened.

“YA!  What do you think you’re doing?  Stop the car.  Didn’t you hear me, I said stop the car,” Guigui shouted at Taec while feeling irritated.

Taec ignores Guigui shouting and continue to drive until they reach the pier.  He gets out of the car and walks over to Guigui’s side.  He then pulled her out of his car.

“What are you do?  Why are we here, I need to get back to work!” Guigui shouted at Taec.

He ignores her yelling still and began to walk towards the pier.  Guigui, with no other choice but to follow, quickly began walking behind him. 

“YA!  What are we doing here?  Are you just going to keep ignoring me?”  Guigui asked.

“This place is really peaceful isn’t it?” Taec finally spoke after calming down.  “I come here whenever I feel like I need to think and clear my head.”

“Ok, so what does this have to do with me?” Guigui asked feeling confused.

“Because of you, I find myself coming here a lot lately.” Taec responded to Guigui’s question.

Guigui, unsure of what Taec is trying to get at, muster up all of her courage and asked, “Why is that?”

Taec shrug his shoulder and turned to her, “I don’t know, maybe because of guilt,” Taec answerd back uncertain.   

“Guilt?” Guigui questioned.

“Yes, guilt.  When I think about our whole marriage, I feel guilty towards you.  I feel ashame that I had cause so much difficulty in your life.  Because of my selfness, you are suffering.”

Guigui looks around the scenery before turning to Taec and smiling, “You don’t need to feel guilty towards me, really.  It’s ok, I was the one who wanted to do this, you didn’t force me into anything and it’s not because of you that I am having a hard time.  In fact, it’s the opposite, because of you; I was able to make so many new friends.  So instead, let me thank you.  Thank you for everything that you have done for me.”

“Why does it sound like a farewell speech coming from you?” Taec joked around.

“Oh does it?  Sorry about that than.” Guigui replied with a smile.  “So, can you take me back to the office now?”

“Hm…Oh sorry, sure.  I will take you in a bit, let’s enjoy this for a moment.”

After 30 minutes has past, they get into his car and began driving, Guigui looks at him in silence, feeling ashamed that she had caused him to feel guilty towards her.  She didn’t want him to feel that way, especially since she will be leaving in two days.  All she could hope for is that once the time comes when she leaves, he will be able to return back to his old life. 

Taec notice her staring at him, “What is it?”

“Hm…Oh it’s nothing, by the way Taec, how are you going to make this up to Yoona?  She must be so upset right now.” Guigui responded.

“HUH?” Taec replied not sure of what Guigui meant.  “Oh crap that’s right, Yoona!”

“What!?  Don’t tell me you forgot that she was there with you?”

“Yeah I did,” Taec answered.  He thinks to himself for a while, “Damn, how could I have forgotten that

Yoona was there with me.  This has never happened before, what is wrong with me?”

Taec quickly drops Guigui off at work and heads to his office.  As he drove back to his workplace, he called up Yoona.  After a long conversation of Taecyeon begging and saying that he was sorry, she finally forgave him.

“Make sure this never happens again oppa, promise me, tell me that this will never happen again.  I hate the thought of you being with another girl, even if that girl is your fake wife!” Yoona replied.

Taec promised her and they were able to make up.  After they were finished talking, they hung up the phone.  While Taec and Yoona were busy arguing and then making up, Guigui and Aaron where at the office busy working on the last stages of their restaurants.  They stayed late at the office, trying to make sure that everything was perfect.

“Finally, I think we are done!” Guigui replied as she takes in a deep breath. 

“Yeah, I think we are finish,” Aaron responded to her with a smile.  He then looks at his watch, “Oh Guigui, we should hurry up home, it’s already 3 in the morning.  Your uncle’s party is tomorrow correct?”

“Hm.” Guigui answered as she nods her head with a smile.  “Should we get going then?”

“Yeah.”

Aaron drives Guigui home and watches as she enters into the house before he leaves.  Guigui turns back around and wave goodbye to him.  Aaron nods his head and waves for her to go inside.  After Guigui walks into the house and closed the door behind her, Aaron heads off to his house.