Uncle’s Birthday Party

The Way We Used To Be

The next morning while everybody was busy preparing for the party, Guigui leave the house to go shopping.  She has been so busy at work that she had forgotten to go shopping for a dress for herself.  Victoria comes and picks her up and they head to the mall.  After looking at many different stores and at different dresses, Guigui finally found a dress that she liked.  She takes it to the dressing room and tries it on.

“How does it look?” Guigui asked as she exits out of the dress room.

“Oh wow, that is definitely the dress.  It looks gorgeous on you Guigui,” Victoria responded.

 

With a big smile on her face, Guigui goes back in to change out of the dress.  She then comes out and heads over to the cashier.

“I’ll take this one please.”

After the cashier ring up Guigui’s dress, they were again back to shopping for a pair of shoes and accessories for her.

“Victoria, aren’t you going to buy something to wear?” Guigui asked as she notice that Victoria was empty handed.

“No, I already came and did my shopping the other day with Jiro, Wu Chun, and Xiao Gui.”

"Oh really, lucky you huh,” Guigui said teasingly.

“Yeah, I was going to call you and Aaron but I knew you two were busy finishing up your project.  I didn’t want to bother you two since I know that are so many things you needed to get done before we leave on Monday.” Victoria answered back.

Guigui smiles for a moment before answering, “Yeah, there were a lot of things that needed to be done, but now that I think about it, those things weren’t as important as maybe spending some time with uncle.  I mean, I could’ve finished them after I had returned to the states you know.”

“Feeling guilty?” Victoria asked.

“Yeah, sort of.”

“It’s ok, you have all day tomorrow to make it up to your uncle.  Don’t worry so much about it ok,” Victoria responded with a little bump on her shoulder.

“Yeah you’re right.  I guess I will have to try harder tomorrow to make it up to him huh!”

“What time is it?” Guigui asked.

“Hum….” Victoria stalled as she looks at her watch.  “Oh my, it’s 4:00pm already.”

They quickly finish shopping and they returned back to Guigui’s house to get ready for the party.  After a few hours of preparing themselves, they were coming closer to finishing up.

KNOCK…………….KNOCK……………..KNOCK…………………

“Who is it?” Guigui asked.

“It’s me, are you ready?” Taec replied.

“Hum…..just about, why, what is it?” Guigui replied.

“The party is starting now and guests are arriving.  So I came here to you downstairs.  You know, like a married couple walking hand in hand,” Taec answered with a chuckle.

Guigui quickly walks over to the door and opened it.  Taecyeon, stood in front of her in utter amazement.  “Wow, you look incredible tonight.”

Victoria walks over to where Guigui and Taec was standing, “So what are you trying to say?  That Guigui looks horrible every other day except for tonight because she is all dressed up?”

“UH!?” Taec utter out of surprise with his eyes wide open.  “No, that is not what I meant at all.  Guigui is beautiful every day, it’s just that today, she is exceptionally beautiful.”

“She is just teasing you Taec, so you don’t need to feel so anxious,” Guigui replied.  “Oppa, you can go downstairs first.  I will be down in a bit with Victoria once we are done ok.”

“No it’s ok.  I can wait until you are finish, no rush,” Taec replied back.

“No, you should go down first.  There is no need to pretend like you guys are really marry and living a happy life together,” Victoria answered back as she stares down Taec.

“What?” Taec answered back surprised, remembering that all of her friends now knew that their marriage wasn’t real.  “Oh ok, I guess we don’t need to pretend around you guys now huh.  Since all of her friends already know about our marriage.”

“Oppa, I’m sorry for what Victoria just said but really, you should go down first.  It will look bad to the guests who had already arrived.  Once we finish here, we will come right down ok,” Guigui said to Taec as she smiles at him.

Taec nods his head and turns around, walking downstairs alone.  He began to mangle with each guest slowly, while Guigui and Victoria quickly finishes putting on their shoes and accessories.  They walked downstairs together and to their surprises; Jiro, Wu Chun, Aaron, and Xiao Gui had already arrived.  They make their way to their friends and began talking among each other.  Taecyeon sees Aaron standing next to Guigui and he began to feel a fire burning inside him. 

“Come on Guigui, there are some people over there who wants to meet you,” Taec immediately interrupted their conversation.  He held out his hand and looks at Guigui.  She smiles and placed her hand in his hand as they walks over to greet some guests.  After a long time of mangling with unfamiliar faces, Guigui turns to look for Taec.  He was nowhere to be found.  He had taken her to meet the guests with him, but somewhere along the line of her greeting them; he had slipped away and left her alone to entertain the people in front of her.  Guigui walks around the room for a while until finally, she found him.  He was hidden by the bar with Yoona, whispering whatever it is that he is whispering into her ears.  From afar, it looked like they were arguing because Yoona looked upset and as if she is crying.  Taec takes Yoona’s hand and lead her out to the balcony.   

“Why are you doing this?” Yoona asked Taec.

“Yoona, please try to understand where I am coming from.” Taec replied.

“NO!  I thought you said that you love me and wanted to be with me forever.  Why are you now telling me that you can no longer see me huh?”

“I’m not saying that I can’t see you forever, it’s only until my marriage with Guigui is over ok.  Please!”

“No, I don’t believe you.  Are you in love with her?  Is that it?”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes you are.  You may not want to admit it but I see it.  What happened to the promise you made me about not falling in love with her?”

“I am not in love with her, it’s just………”

“Just what!?  You feel sorry for her?  Don’t lie to me Oppa, I know you.”

“If you know me than believe in me, that is all I am asking from you.  I love you but right now isn’t the best time for us.  It’s not the right time for us to be acting like we are together in public let how you were earlier; especially when there are so many people around.  Did you ever even think about how Guigui will feel if the truth is revealed about us to the public?  Do you understand how that will affect her reputation?  Guigui has suffered enough because of me and I don’t want to hurt her any more than I already have.  So please, let’s just stay low and not see each other anymore until my marriage ends with her.  There is only a few more months left and we can still talk on the phone; we just won’t be able to see each other.”

“I don’t care how this is going to affect or hurt her.  All I care about is you and me.  Why care so much about a person if you aren’t in love with her?  Tell me the truth; are you in love with her?”

“FINE!  You want me to admit it ok.  YES, I am in love with her!” Taec shouted at Yoona as he became frustrated with Yoona’s accusation.

Stunned by Taec’s answer, tears began to roll down Yoona’s face.  “I can’t believe you oppa.  How can you do this to me?” 

Taecyeon, also surprised at his own words, stood there in silence for a few seconds before turning away from Yoona and walking back into the house.

While Taec and Yoona were outside arguing, Guigui, who was upset at how Taec had took her away from her friends to go “greet the guest” while he is hiding somewhere with his girlfriend; she became irritated that he had abandoned her with some people who she had no interest in mangling with while he was off on a date.  She turns around and walks off to find a seat since her feet was killing her.  As she found an empty seat far across the room from where Taec and Yoona had been standing, she sits down and orders herself a drink.  She needed something to do to vent out her frustration at her husband.

“Hey!  Where are you sitting here alone?  Where is Taec?” a familiar voice asked.

Guigui turns around and see Nichkun, Jay, Wooyoung, Chansung, and Junho standing behind her.  “Oh hi, how are you guys doing?” Guigui quickly stood up and greeted.

“We’re good, please sit back down.  No need to be so polite with us,” Nichkun responded with a smile.

Guigui smile back at him and proceed to sit back down.  She grabs her glass and took a sip out of her wine before responding, “Oppa is somewhere around here with Yoona.” 

“Oh, he is with Yoona huh?  So how are you doing?” Nichkun asked trying to see how she was feeling.

“I have been really busy with work but besides that, I have been really good.  Would you guys like something to drink?”

“Yeah, we will order it ourselves,” Jay responed with a smile as he approaches the bar.

After ordering their drinks, they stood there talking to Guigui for a while before deciding to go find Taec.  As they leave, Guigui sits there by herself for a while until Yoona comes over.

“Oh, so you are here alone,” Yoona replied with a cocky voice as she sees Guigui sitting at the bar.  “How unfortunate, what happen to your friends?”

Guigui looks at her for a moment and turns away, “They around here somewhere.  Why, is there a particular person you want to meet?”

Yoona lets out a laugh, “No, the only person I want is Taec Oppa.”  Yoona pauses for a few moments, still angry at what Taec had said to her, “Let’s go outside to talk for a while.”

Yoona turns around and leave as Guigui follows her.  Once they were outside Yoona turned to Guigui.

“Tell me, how do you feel about Taec oppa?”

“What do you mean?” Guigui asked confused.

“I mean, are you in love with him?  Why are you doing things to make him feel sorry for you?  Did you beg and cry to him or something?”

“I don’t know what you are getting at and I really don’t care.  I am just trying to enjoy myself right now.”

“Omo, stop pretending like you are so busy and better than everybody else.  Let me tell you something.  No matter how much you try to come in between oppa and me, he will always chose me in the end because I am the one that he is in love with; NOT you!”

“Are you done?  Don’t tell me you asked me to come outside to listen to how much you two love each other.”

“That’s right, because you need to understand that he is mine.  I thought I had told you last time about how I didn’t like you hanging around him, and didn’t you promise me that you will stay away from him?  So are you the kind of person who makes a promise but always goes back on her words.”

“It’s not me who is hanging around him, if you have a problem with it.  Then maybe you should tell him,” Guigui answered back feeling annoyed.

While Yoona continues to badger Guigui about Taecyeon and Guigui’s relationship, Taec is walking around looking for Guigui.

“Hey Nichkun, have you guys seen my wife?” Taec asked.

“Yeah, I saw her walking out with Yoona earlier to the balcony.  Why?” Wooyoung replied.

“It’s nothing,” Taec answered as he began to walk out to the balcony.

Nichkun, Jay, Wooyoung, Chansung, and Junho notice how tense and upset Taec looked and decided to follow him.  As all of them reach the balcony, they hear Yoona and Guigui having a confrontation.  Taec, worry that this was going to happen walks out onto the balcony.  He sees Guigui raise her hand as she was about to slap Yoona, he quickly steps in front and grabs Guigui’s hand from slapping his girlfriend.  With Taec standing by her side and holding onto Guigui’s hand, Yoona comes behind Taec and slaps Guigui instead.  All of their friends stood there completely shocked of what just happened.

“Hm.  That is what you get for trying to hit me.  I told you, oppa loves me and he will never let anybody hurt me,” Yoona replied as she grabs onto Taec’s arm while having a smirk on her face.

“Guigui…..I” Taec said in a soft voice while still feeling shocked and surprised.  “I didn’t……..”

Guigui, while touching her red cheek and holding back her tears, lets out a chuckle as she stare into Taec’s eyes, “You didn’t what?

But before Taec could answer, Guigui turns around and walks away; Taec pulls Yoona hands off his arm and follows after her.  Right when Guigui was about to turn the corner, she became surprised and stops, causing Taecyeon to stop as well.

“How long have you been there?” Guigui asked forcing a smile onto her face and hoping that he has not been there long enough to know what just transpire.

Aaron steps out from behind the wall and takes off his coat to cover Guigui before responding, “I have been here this whole time; from the very moment when you and Yoona came out, to Yoona interrogating you about your relationship with Taec, her insulting you and your decease parents, and  finally her hitting you.”

Unable to make up an excuse or trying to lie about the situation, Guigui just smile at him for a moment before walking back inside.  Taec proceed to follow Guigui but Aaron stops him.

“What do you want, get out of my way!” Taec answers as he pushes Aaron aside.

Aaron turns around and grabs onto Taec’s collar, “The question is what do you want!?  Obliviously you want to be with Yoona, despite the fact that Guigui is still your wife.  She is the one who has always been by your side since you two got married and she is always the one getting the short end of the stick here, going along with whatever you throw at her.  Stop trying to make Guigui’s life harder than it has to be.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about but get out of my way.  I have to go see if Guigui is ok and I need to talk to her,” Taec responded as he tries to break free from Aaron’s grip.

“You don’t need to worry about her.  Instead, why do you focus on Yoona and let us, her true friends who actually cares about her, take care of her.” Aaron angrily replied back as he pushes Taec back.  Aaron walks away following Guigui, but before entering the house again, he turns back around to Taec.  “Oh yeah, by the way, your girlfriend is a liar and a two facer.  She’s always pretending to be nice and considerate whenever you’re around, but as soon as your gone, she turns all of her frustrations about you two’s relationship towards Guigui.  Also, everything she told you about Guigui getting her fired from her job, it’s all a lie.  She got fired because the photographer didn’t want to work with her anymore due to her unprofessional attitude and her tardiness.  Guigui was actually the one who was basically begging for them to change their minds and that is the only reason why she had lasted as long as she did with that modeling gig.”  Aaron then turns around and enters inside to catch up with Guigui.