Together With Everyone

The Way We Used To Be

As they all leave the restaurant and get into their car, they all fight and argue about whose car Guigui should get into.

 

“She should ride with me and Wooyong,” Jay shouted.

 

“No, she should come in with me and Junho,” Changsung answered back.

 

“Hey! She’s going in my car alright.  I am the one who brought her here.” Nichkun responded.

 

“WHAT!!!!! No way, she was riding with you this whole time.  It’s time she change car and ride with somebody else.” Wooyong shouted.

 

“Yeah he’s right, she should come ride with me and Changsung,” Junho insisted.

 

“You guys are out of your minds.  It only makes senses that she continues to ride because I am responsible for her today,” Nichkun responded.

 

As they continue to bicker for a while, Guigui stood there silent.  She wasn’t sure what to say.  “Why don’t I ride with Jay and Wooyong for now and then after we are done bungee jumping, I will ride with Junho and Changsung to our next destination? Does that sound ok?” Guigui finally asked.  She then turns to Nichkun, “Afterwards, I will come back and ride with you?”

 

“YEAH, you tell him Guigui.  In your face Nichkun,” everybody happily cheer and shouted.

 

Letting out a sign, Nichkun nodded with a smile.  “Ok sure if that is what you would like to do.”

 

Jay grabs Guigui’s hand and led her to their car; he then opens up the passenger door for Guigui gesturing for her to get in. 

“Isn’t Wooyong sitting in the passenger side?” Guigui asked confused.

 

“No, go ahead Guigui.  The passenger seat is all yours.  I will sit in the back seat,” Wooyong answered smiling to reassure her that it was fine by him.  They get into the car and follow Nichkun as they leave the restaurant’s parking lot.

 

As soon as they began driving, Jay turns on the music in his car and began singing.  He also began dancing in his seat.  As soon as the next part of the song came on, Jay stops and Wooyong starts singing instead. 

 

Guigui sits there amazed at how great they sounded.  “Wow, you guys are great.  You sound soooo good!”

“Really?” Jay asked blushing. 

 

“Yes, you guys are incredible.”

 

“What kind of music do you like listening to?” Wooyong suddenly asked Guigui.

 

“Hum……all types I think.  As long as the lyrics and meaning is good, then I will like it.  However, I will have to say that I a pretty big fan of Big Bang.”

 

“Oh really?” Jay answered quite surprise.  “What is your favorite song?”

 

“I really like Haru Haru,” Guigui answer.

 

They come to a stop light and Jay starts digging through the glove department.  He pulls out a CD and puts it in.  He starts changing the song until finally he comes to a start.  He stares at her with a smile on his face.

 

“Omo,” Guigui let out, surprised that Jay had put on the song.  Before Guigui was able to say anything else, Jay had already started rapping and singing along with the song.  Soon Wooyong joined in.  Jay gently taps Guigui with his elbow, trying to encourage her to sing with them.  Once the song was over, it had replayed again, Jay had it on repeat.  After a few times listening to the song while watching Jay and Wooyong singing along while dancing; she started mumbling along to the song as well.  Jay notices her mumbling and gently tapped her again while smiling, as if he was telling her that it was alright and encouraging her.  Guigui smiled back and finally started singing louder.  The rest of the way to their destination, they sang and dance to the same song over and over and over again until finally, they were where they were supposed to be.  As they were pulling up beside Nichkun and Junho’s car, Nichkhun, Junho, and Changsung can hear and see the three of them enjoying their time together by singing and dancing.  As they step out of their car, Jay and Wooyong is still singing and dancing like some crazy people while Guigui watch and laugh to herself. 

 

“That’s quite an entrance,” Junho responded to their craziness.

 

“HARU HARU…”Changsung suddenly shouted and started dancing and singing along with Jay and Wooyong.

 

“Stop it,” Junho said in a louder voice so they will hear him.  “You guys are interrupting everybody around.”

 

However Jay, Wooyong, and now Changsung didn’t seem like they were going to stop.  They continue singing and dancing until they all reached the front of the store.

“Did you enjoy your ride with those two?  Did they make you feel uncomfortable?” Nichkun asked Guigui.

 

Shaking her head she responded, “Uh huh, it was actually really fun.  Jay and Wooyong are really funny.  I enjoyed singing with them in the car.  I hadn’t done that in so long.  Just letting go and enjoying the moment.”

 

“That’s good to hear,” Nichkun answered with a relief smile.

 

“Hey, are you trying to say that we don’t know how to entertain our friends?” Jay and Wooyong both shouted at Nichkun.

 

Without looking at either of them, he continued to walk, “I didn’t say anything about entertaining your friends.  I know you are quite capable of doing that.  What I was worry about was you two entertaining a woman.”

 

“WHAT!  Just so you know, we don’t have a problem with that either.  Also, Guigui IS one of our friends and she so just happens to be a girl” Jay responded to Nichkun’s teasing.

 

“Yes, it appears so.  I am happy,” Nichkun replied with a smile while turning back to look at Jay and Woyong.

 

They get to the store clerk and rented their equipment.  The store clerk told them to wait outside and an employee will take them by car to the location where they will be jumping from.  As soon as they got outside the worker was already driving up to them.  They get into the car and drive for almost 10 minutes.  Finally they arrive and walk over to the bridge.  Guigui peak over the bridge and her eyes became wide.

 

“We are jumping from all the way up here?” Guigui asked in a trembling voice.  “Is it safe?”

 

“Hahaha of course it’s safe.  Don’t worry, everything will happen so fast that by the time you realize it, it will all be over.” Changsung answered while putting on her helmet on her.  “Safety first.”

 

Guigui manages to force a smile onto her face as she looks on.  She sees Changsung getting strap onto the ropes and he climbs up to the bridge.  Guigui stares intensely as she watches him leap off the bridge.  She rushes to the ledge and watch him dangling at the bottom.  Her legs began to go weak.

Nichkun notices that Guigui was trembling and so he walks over to her, “Hey Guigui, you don’t have to if you don’t want to.  You can sit here and watch us.”

“Huh? Oh, hum……”Guigui unable to say a word.

 

“Yeah Guigui, you can just stand there and watch us,” Jay happily interrupted.

 

“Aren’t you guys scared?” Guigui manages to finally ask.

 

“Scare?  Oh well hum….let’s see…Well I guess I was pretty scare the first time that I tried it.  But once the first jump is over, you just get this rush that makes you want to go again and again.  It’s the feeling of being alive and how you know that you are living.” Jay told Guigui.

 

“The feeling of being alive?” Guigui quietly whispered to herself.  After thinking about it for a few moments and watching Changsung, Jay, Wooyong and Junho jump, Guigui muster up her courage.  She turns to Nichkun, “I wanna try.  I want to know what this feeling of being alive feels like.”

 

Surprised by her sudden request, they all looked at each other and then back her smiling. 

 

YAY! You can do it,” Jay answered.

 

“You’ll love it,” Wooyong replied.

 

Nichkun walks over to Guigui and grabs onto her hand.  He leads her up to where she will be jumping from.  He takes the rope and ties it onto her.  Next thing she knew, he was also preparing himself by wearing his helmet and strapping the rope around him.

 

“What are you doing?” Guigui asked with a confused look on her face.

 

“I’m gonna jump with you.” Nichkhun responded to her question without looking at her. 

 

“HUH?  Can you do that?” Guigui asked out of shock.

 

“Yeah, people do it all the time,” he answered her.  “Especially couples,” this time he looked right at her face with a smile. 

“Real….Really?” Guigui managed to ask.

 

“Hm..” Nichkun responded with a nod.  “Ok, we are all set to go.”  Nichkun climbs onto the ledge and extended his hand to Guigui.  She reached out and grabs hold of his hands as he helps her climb up to the ledge next to him.  He takes her arms and wraps it around him and then he wrapped his around her tightly.  “Make sure you hold onto me tight ok.  Don’t let go.” He whispered into her ears.  He then turns to the employee working there, “We are ready.”

 

The employee nodded and began the count down.  “3…2…1….GO!!!!!!!”

 

As both Guigui and Nichkun flew through the air and down to the bottom, Guigui‘s grip around Nichkun's waist becomes tighter and tighter as she firmly squeeze her shut.  “Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”  She suddenly felt a tug causing her to bounce up and down and then her body stops moving.

 

“You can open your eyes now,” Nichkun whispered closed by her ears.

 

Hearing his voice, she opened one eye and peep out.  She felt her body being pulled back to the top while everybody was cheering, she quickly open her other eye. 

“Is it over?”

 

“Yeah,” Nichkun answer back in a low, calm voice.

 

When they reached the top, everybody gathered around Guigui. 

 

“So how was it?” Jay asked.

 

“Did you enjoy it?  Did it make you feel alive?” Changsung asked.

 

“It’s not so bad is it?” Wooyong asked.

 

“Humm.” Guigui answered with a nod and a smile on her face.  “But.,…but I wouldn’t have been able to do it if it wasn’t without Nichkun.”

 

“Hey, do you want to go with me next?” Junho asked.

 

“No, go with me next,” Wooyong interrupted.

 

“What are you guys talking about, she is going with me next,” Jay replied while putting his arms around her should with a smile on his face.

 

“Sure, I can do with all of you guys again, then maybe…..”Guigui pauses.

 

“Then what???” Jay, Wooyong, Changsung, and Junho asked curiously.

 

“Mmmmmm…Then maybe I can build enough courage to go by myself afterwards.  I figure if I do it with enough people, I won’t be so scare to go by myself like all of you did.  You guys were so amazing.” Guigui answered while blushing.

 

“Ooohhhhh, don’t worry Guigui, you can go with us any many times as you need or want to.  We don’t mind at all.  In fact, we would love it,” everybody responded.

Guigui smile and gets ready to go try again, this time she will be jumping with Changsung.  Guigui continued to jump with each of the guys there until finally, there was no one left.

 

“Would you like to jump together, or do you want to try by yourself this time?” Nichkun asked with a warm and gentle smile.

 

“No,” Guigui responded while nodding her head, “I think I will try going by myself.”

 

Guigui steps up to the ledge after strapping all the ropes onto her body.  She takes a deep breath and smile to everybody.  While everyone was cheering for her, she turns to the worker, “I’m ready.”  The employee nods his head indicating that he was ready on his end and she may jump when she is ready.  She takes in another deep breath and leap.  Her eyes are opened wide as she sees the scenery quickly flash past her.  “Ah, this must be what Changsung meant when he said it makes you feel alive,” Guigui thought to herself with a smile.  “This is incredible, the way my heart is beating so fast that it seems that it’ll burst any second; the way my body is trembling out of excitement or maybe it’s fear, this indescribable feeling that is  I am feeling within me, I have never felt this way before.” Before she had realized it, she was already at the bottom, bouncing back and forth.  Everybody’s cheers become louder as she stops moving.  The man working starts pulling her back up again and when she finally reaches the top, everybody can to her side.  Jay shows her his phone and the pictures he had taken of her jumping.

 

“How does it feel?” Changsung asked.

 

“I feel so alive right now!” Guigui shouted out of excitement.

 

“Right!!  It also makes you forget everything that you don’t want to remember,” Changsung quickly answered back, sounding just as excited as Guigui did.

 

“Hmm.  It sure does,” Guigui replied with a big smile on her face as she nods her head in agreement with Changsung.

 

“You did great by yourself Guigui,” Nichkun suddenly interrupted while hugging her.  “I am so proud of you.”

 

Guigui began to blush a little and smiled at him, “Thank you, but I wouldn’t have been able to do it myself if it wasn’t for all of you guys.  Thank you guys for allowing me to practice and jump with you.”  Guigui quickly bow to them showing her thanks.

 

Nichkun looks at his watch and notices the time.  “Oh, we should be leaving now.  It’s already 4:00pm, did you guys want to grab dinner first or would you guys like to wait for a while?”

 

“Oh wow, it’s already 4, time sure flew by fast,” Guigui responded.

 

“Yeah, especially when you are having fun,” Jay answered Guigui with a smile.  “So?  Would you like to eat dinner first or should we continue with something else?”

 

“We can continue on with something else.  I am not quite hungry yet,” Guigui answered.

 

“Ok, well let’s get out of here.” Nichkun answered.

 

They all walk back to the car that had brought them there.  As soon as they arrived back at the store, they go inside and began taking of their rental gear.  Once they were finish, they all walk up to the store clerk to return the equipment.  They left the store and Junho opened the front car door for Guigui.  She flashes him a smile and bow before entering into the car.  While they follow Nichkun to their next destination, Guigui, Junho, and Changsung started conversing with each other.  Changsung though it would be fun to play a guessing game and whoever loses, will get flick on their forehead.  As they were driving and playing, they quickly pass by.  Guigui lost 5 times, Junho lost 3, and Changsung lost 9 times.  Before they knew it, they had come to a stop.  They all look out the window to see that they had stopped at an arcade.  They pull next to Nichkun’s car and park, Jay and Wooyong was right behind them.  They all get out of the car and stretched a little.

 

“Is this what we are gonna be doing next?” Wooyong asked.

 

“Yup, I figure after all of that exercises we’ve been doing today, it’ll be nice to relax and play some games.  What do you guys think?” Nichkun replied.

 

“Hmmm.  I suppose this would let us unwind and have fun without actually doing anything physical.  And to tell the truth, I am a little tired out from all of that running this morning and from the exercise of bungee jumping earlier,” Junho confessed.  “Let’s go in.  This will be fun.”

 

They all walk into the arcade and Nichkun goes to a machine and changes some money for quarters.  He comes back by Guigui and hands her a handful.  He points at a car racing game and Guigui nods.  They walk over and began playing games.  As they occupied themselves playing games, time quickly passes by.  They hadn’t noticed that it was already closed to 8:15pm until their stomach started talking. 

 

“I’m starving,” Changsung came and complained to Nichkun.

 

“Yeah, I am getting hungry,” Guigui confessed.  “We were having so much fun; I didn’t notice that it was this late already."

 

“Let’s go get dinner,” Nichkun answered with a smile.

 

Everybody agreed and left the arcade.  Outside, Nichkun gestured for Guigui to go ride with him.  She nods and follows him to his car.  He opens up the door for her and closed it when she was in.  He made his way around to the driver side and hopes in.  They drive away and everybody else followed.  They park their cars and goes into a restaurant.  The waitress comes and show them the way to their table.  She sits them down and hands them each a menu before walking away.  Once they had decided on what to order, they wave to the waitress and she came to take their order. 

 

As they waited for their food, Jay turns to Nichkun, “So, what’s the plan after this?”

 

“I was thinking about a late movie at the theaters, what do you guys think?” Nichkun responded.

 

“That sounds cool but is it going to be ok?” Wooyong asked.  “You know, I mean with Taecyeon since we are keeping Guigui out so late?”

 

“Who cares, he deserves it anyways.  Especially the way he treated Guigui at the barbeque party.  Sheesh, I swear I thought he was supposed to be in love with her, what was he doing inviting Yoona over.  It’s about time he sits at home while Guigui goes out,” Junho immediate answered.

 

“Yeah, whose side are you on anyways?” Jay responded.  “Besides, Operation convince Guigui to stay is in effect.”

 

While they talk amongst themselves whispering, Guigui comes back out from using the ladies room.  As soon as they saw her, the immediately dropped the subject and turned their attention to her.  “So Guigui, we were thinking about catching a movie after dinner.  You in?” Wooyong asked with a smile.

 

“Sure, I’m game.  What are we going to watch?” Guigui asked.

 

“There is a new horror movie that came out yesterday.  You want to go watch that?” Jay asked.

 

Guigui nodded her head with a smile.  “What time does the movie start?”

 

“It starts at 9:45pm.  So once we get finish eating here, we’ll head straight to the theater.” Nichkun answered back.

 

Their food arrives and they began to eat.  After they were finish, they quickly went to pay and then left the restaurant.  They hurriedly into their cars afraid them might not make it in time for the movie and drove off.  While driving there, Wooyong was left in charge of buying everybody’s ticket online.  Once they arrived at the theater, they walk up the machine to print out their tickets and goes in.  They go over to the food stand to order some drinks and popcorns.  After they were finish gathering their snacks, they walk into the slightly lit room.  They all look around before finding some open seats up near the top roll. 

 

They walk up and take a seat, Guigui sitting next to Nichkun near the end of the roll. 

 

“Hey Nichkun, why do you get to sit next to Guigui?” Changsung lean over and asked.

 

Before Nichkun could answer, the lights suddenly turned off and the movie started.  Everybody became quiet as they watched the movie.  When it finally ended, it was around 11:30pm.  They walk out of the theater and walked over to their cars. 

 

“So, is this it?” Jay asked.  “Or is there anything else planned?”

 

Nichkun turned to Guigui, “What do you think Guigui?”

 

Guigui looked at everybody’s faces, “I think it’s time we call it a night.  Everybody looks exhausted.”

 

“Maybe you’re right,” Nichkun agreed with Guigui after he looked at everybody’s face including Guigui’s.

 

“What are you guys talking about?  We’re good, we still want to hang out!” everybody shouted.

 

“No, it’s time you guys go home.  Don’t you guys have so important things to do tomorrow at work?” Nichkun insisted.

 

“Oh yeah, I do have some important meetings tomorrow,” Junho responded after thinking for a second.

 

“Yeah you’re right.  I almost forgot.  I got a presentation to do tomorrow too,” Wooyong replied.

 

“Yeah, I also have things to do tomorrow,” Jay, and Changsung answered.

 

“Alright, let’s end today here then, but for sure before Guigui leaves, we all have to hang out one last time ok,” everybody answered looking at Guigui.

 

“Mmm!!” Guigui immediately answered while nodding her head with a big smile.  “That’s a promise.”