Engagement Party Here We Come

The Way We Used To Be

Guigui is in her room, getting ready for Taecyeon and her engagement party.  She finishes getting dress and doing her hair.  She slowly puts on her make-up and pauses, staring at herself in the mirror, “There is no turning back now Guigui.  You must not worry about anything else.  Just focus on tonight and try not to humiliate uncle or Taecyeon.” 

“Guigui, are you ready?” Taecyeon asked as he knocks on her door.  “It’s time for us to make our entrance; they are starting with the announcement.”

Guigui takes a deep breath and then walks to the door.  She opens the door to see Taecyeon standing there in his black suit with a white t-shirt underneath.  “I’m ready.  Shall we go downstairs and make our entrance?”

Guigui stands in front of Taecyeon wearing a white strapless mini dress that she had paired up with silver pumps.  Her hair is loosely tied back into a low ponytail.  She kept her accessories and make-up to a minimal.  She wanted to keep things as simple as they possibly can, just like her own personality, natural and humble.  Taecyeon stares at her from head to toe.  He’s never really taken a good look at her before until now.  “Wow,” he thought to himself.  “Has she always been this beautiful?”  He especially liked the fact that she kept it so simple, instead of trying to show off how much money she had by wearing something too flashy.  “I can’t believe I’ve never seen how small she is: her tiny figure, her small cute face, her slander waist.   How could I have not noticed this before,” he thought.  

“Hello!?  Taec, are you listening?” Guigui asked him.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I kind of just zoned out for a minute, but I’m back.  What did you say?” Taec asked.

“I said, are you ready to go downstairs.”Guigui responded.

“Oh yeah, let’s go.  All of the guests are waiting for us.” Taec replied.

“Without further a due,” as the announcer introduced them, “Here is Mr. OK Taecyeon and Ms. Wu!”

Everybody turns their head to look at them.  Grasps and whisper was heard coming from all of the guest.  “Oh my, she is beautiful.”  “Who is she?”  They look great together.”  “What a lovely couple, they look so in love.”  

Taecyeon and Guigui walked around the room, hand in hand, and greeted all the guest. 

“Oppa, I am going to get me a glass of wine ok.  Do you want anything?” Guigui asked her fiancé. 

“No, I’m fine.  I will get me a glass later.  Thank you for asking though sweetheart,”Taec sweetly answered.  Guigui turns around and walks over to the table where all the glass wines were placed.  As Guigui left, a woman approaches Taecyeon.

“Taec Oppa, I can’t believe that you are getting engage,” the young woman said.  “Hey Taec, why are you marrying her.  I know it’s not because of love.  Is she forcing you?  I don’t want to alarm you but, I had a private eye do some digging on your fiancé, and guess what!  They couldn’t find anything about her.  I think this whole thing about her being rich is a lie.  I think she is lying to you and your father so she can scam you for money.”

“Hello Uee.  How are you?” Taec responded, feeling annoyed.  “This is how a normal conversation should start.  And beside, Guigui isn’t that kind of person, trust me, I know.”

“But Taec, didn’t you hear me.  I hired a private detective to find out who she was and nothing came up.” Uee said to him.  “I swear, one of these days you are going to wake up, and all of your money are going to be gone because she would’ve stolen them all.”

“I’m sorry, but when you had your detective do some digging on my background, what name did you use.” Guigui suddenly interrupts the conversation between them two.

Uee shocked to hear Gugui’s voice sudden turns around to see who it is.  “I had them looked you up under your name of course.  Your name is Guigui, is it not.” Uee answered back with a snotty voice.

“Oh I see.  Well, there you go.  My real name is not Guigui.  If you are really curious as to who I am, you can just ask me, no need to waste money on hiring some private detective you know.”

“Oh yeah, then tell me, who the hell are you?  And let me just inform you that my father owns one of the biggest investment company here in Korea, so I know all the important people.  So don’t even think about lying to me.” Uee said while rolling her eyes at Guigui.

Guigui let’s out a little laugh, “Ok, well if you insist on knowing who I am, I will tell you.  My real name is Emma Wu Ying Jie.  I am the solo heir and owner to the Wu financial empire.  And if you know as much important people as you say you do, then you should know how much the Wu asset is worth.  If you don’t know, then go ask your father, he will know who I am.  He will tell you that the Wu empire is one of the largest and most influential business out there that specializes in all different areas; such as investment, hotels, restaurants, properties, and even in fashion.” 

Uee remains silence for a second until she was able to come back with an insulting response, “Oh I see.  So this marriage is a collaboration between Taec’s father and your business then,” Uee suggested with a smirk.

Guigui smiles at Uee, “The reason why Taec Oppa and I are getting marry is actually quite simple.  It’s because we love each other, it’s not to benefit either of our company.”  Guigui looks at Taec and he smiles sweetly at her while taking her hand and putting it around his arm.

“Excuse us Uee, but Guigui and I still have other guests to greet,” Taec says to Uee as he leads Guigui away toward his friends, who have just arrived and are standing by the wall observation their conversation.  As Gugui and Taec gets closer to his friend, they all began to clap and nod their heads; showing both of them that they all approve of what Taec and Guigui just did.

“You did good.  You were really convincing back there Guigui.  People just might really think that we are in love,” Taec whisper to her as they approach his friends.  Guigui just smiles at him.

“Wow, you two were amazing back there.  No one has ever been able to shut Uee up like how you just did Gugiui.” Nichkun said with a big smile on his face.

“Yeah, watching you handle her, we don’t need to worry about you anymore, because we know that you can handle Taec the same way if he gets out of line,” Jay chimed in.

Guigui bows and smiled at them, showing her appreciation towards them for coming and as well as for the supposedly compliment.  “Wow, you are gorgeous.  I don’t know why Taec didn’t want to marry you,” Wooyoung said.  “If he won’t marry you, then will you marry me!?”

“Yo es!  There are more to her then just being pretty you know!” a voice called out.

The crowd turns around to see who it came from.  Guigui noticed the voice right away and let out a grasping noise.  Taec looked at her and then back up at the crowd.  There were four guys and one girl standing by the patio doors.

“Aaron, Xiao Gui, Jiro, Wu Chun, and Victoria.  You all came!?” Guigui said smiling while running over to them.

“Who are these people?  Stay away from them, they look like some hooligans,” Voices from the crowd began to whisper.

Guigui didn’t care what the crowd was saying.  She rushed over and jumped into Aaron’s arms.  “I miss you so much!  I am so happy you are here.”  Guigui said while turning to look at all of them.  “But, why are all of you guys here?”

“Well Guigui, when they heard that you were getting engage, they immediately got excited and wanted to come.  You know how they are, once they reach that point, there is no talking them out of it,” Aaron answered.

“Hey Taec, who are those guys?” Junho asked Taec.

“How should I know?” Taec answered with a bitter look on his face.

Guigui went and hugged each and every single one of them, happy and excited that she finally gets to see all of her best friends.