Awkward Gathering

The Way We Used To Be

As Taecyeon and Yoona slowly made their way to the barbeque, Taecyeon could feel all of his friends glaring at him.  The walk to reach his reach friends felt like forever to him, while Yoona holds tight onto his arm with a smile.

“What is she so happy about?  What is there for her to be smiling about, it’s as if she is trying to show off and flaunt our relationship to everybody?” Taec thought to himself.  “But that doesn’t make any senses, everybody here already know that we were dating.”

As Taec and Yoona finally reaches where the gathering was, Jay and Nichkun grabs Taecyeon and pull him to side.  They pull him a little bit further away so Yoona can’t hear them.

“Taec, what the hell man,” Jay asked while smacking Taec on his shoulder.

“Ouch, that hurts.” Taec replied.

“Good, I hope it does hurt,” Jay replied back.  “That is for Guigui, since she will never say or do anything to you.”

“Taec, why is Yoona here?  I thought you wanted to spend some time with Guigui?  Especially since she will be leaving next week.”

“I did..I mean I do, Yoona just showed up here after calling my office.” Taec replied.  “I don’t know what to do.  It’s not like I can just tell her to leave and that she isn’t welcome here at this party.”

“Seriously Taec!?” Jay replied.  “Be a man dude.  What is wrong with you?  You just need to walk up to her and tell her this:  hey Yoona, I don’t want you here nor do I need you here right now.  So go away!” 

“No, that is too mean.” Taec replied.

“So then do you still want to be with Yoona then?  I thought all this time, you wanted to be with Guigui?” Nichkun asked curiously.

Taec scratches his head in frustration, “YES I do want to be with Guigui, but, I don’t know.  What am I supposed to say to both Guigui and Yoona?”

“Go tell them the truth!” Nickhun and Jay both replied at the same time.  They looked at each other in surprise and then turns back to Taec.  Jay pushes Taec over by Yoona, indicating for Taec to go tell Yoona first.  Taec takes a deep breath and starts walking over to her but stops half way.  He turns back and looks at Jay and Nichkun.  Jay waves his hand back and forth, gesturing for Taec to keep going.  Taec begins shaking his head no and walks back to where Jay and Nichkun are standing.

“What are you doing man?” Jay asked.  “Why didn’t you go tell her?”

“I don’t know what to say to her.” Taec answered back.

“Maybe we should have him start off with an easier task,” Nichkun responded while smiling at them.

“What do you mean?” Taec replied.  “I don’t like that smile.  What are you up to?”

“Jay, you know what to do right!?” Nichkun asked while looking over at Guigui.

“Right!  I am on it.” Jay shouted as he quickly leaves.

“Wait, where is he going?” Taec asked.  “What are you planning?”

“Relax Taec, I am here to help you,” Nickhun answerd while still smiling.  “Just trust me ok.”

A couple minutes later Jay comes back with Guigui next to him.  “Taec, I already told Guigui that you had something to tell her and it was important,” Jay replied while looking at Taec and then at Guigui.

“Why don’t the two of you go in front of the house and talk?  There are more privacy there then doing it here,” Nichkun suggested.  “We will make sure that nobody interrupts your conversation while you two are talking ok.”

“Sure I guess,” Guigui answered with a curious look on her face.  “Shall we go then?”  Guigui replied and starts walking, not knowing what the private conversation between her and Taec was going to be about.

Jay and Nichkun pushes Taec to start walking while whispering to him, “You can do this.  Just tell her exactly how you feel towards her ok.  Just like how you normally would when you are talking to us about her.”

Taec slowly starts walking behind Guigui but turns around to look at Jay and Nichkun one more time for reassurances.

“Fighting!” Jay and Nichkun quietly said and gesture to Taec.

A confidant smile came onto Taecyeon’s face as he turns around and quickly makes his way to catch up with Guigui since she had already reach the front of the house.

After seeing Taecyeon turn around the corner of the house, Nichkun and Jay quietly makes their way to the side of the house so they can listen in on Taec and Guigui’s conversation.

“So what is that you needed to speak to me about?” Guigui asked.

“HUH!?” Taec let out.  “HUM……….Just give me a second ok,” Taec replied while trying to gather his thougths.

Guigui stands there quietly waiting for her oppa to say something and watching him pace back and forth while murmuring to himself nervously.  “Oppa, are you ready yet?” Guigui finally asked after waiting for almost 10 minutes.

“Come on Taec, just say whatever you are feeling!” Jay whispered silently to himself while watching from the side.

“Oppa, I’m going to go back now ok.  Just come get me when you are ready.” Guigui said to Taec as he walks past him to leave.

“WAIT!” Taec quickly shouted while grabbing onto Guigui’s arm.  Guigui turns around looking confused as to why Taecyeon seemed so anxious.

“Oppa, I am just going back to where everybody is.  I am not leaving.  Just come get me whenever you have your thoughts all gathered up ok.  I want to spend some time with everybody else too since I don’t know when will be the next time.”

“NO, STAY!” Taec nervously responded.   “I’m ready!”

“Ok….”Guigui replied back with an unsure tone.  “So, what is it that you want to tell me?”

“Remember when you left back home and you had Tongtong give me our divorce papers?” Taecyeon started out the conversation.  “Well, I have them ready upstairs.”

“Taec what are you saying?” Nichkun and Jay nerviously asked themselves.  “Why are you telling her that you have your divorce papers ready you idiot.”

 Guigui stares at him in shock for a moment and then smile.  “Oh really, I thought you would’ve had filed them already.  Or…………did I miss something on the papers, perhaps missed a signature?”  A worried look came onto her face and then a frown followed.  “I could’ve sworn I signed everything, but I guess you can never be too sure huh.  Well sorry about……………….”

“That’s not it,” Taec quickly interrupted Guigui.

“HUH?” Guigui asked confused.  “So what is it then?”

“I……..ARG!!!!”Taec  responded as he crouched down on the ground while lowering his head so Guigui could not see him blushing from all of his frustration.

“Oppa, what’s the matter?  What’s wrong?” Guigui asked.

“It’s nothing.  I just…..I have something to tell you but it won’t come out,” Taec admitted.  “It’s kind of embarrassing for me to say out loud.”

After staring at Taec’s broad back and unable to see his hidden face; Guigui kneels down beside him.  “Oppa, whatever it is, if it’s too embarrassing for you to say then don’t say it.  You don’t need to tell me anything or explain anything to me.”  Guigui responded with a smile on her face while placing her hand on Taecyeon’s back and petting him.  “I think I know what you want to say to me.”

Taecyeon, surprised at Guigui’s response suddenly jumped up and looked at her.  “You do!?”

Guigui quickly nodded with a smile.

“YES, that’s the way,” Jay excitedly whispered out.  “Go get your woman!”