Guigui’s Parents Memorial

The Way We Used To Be

The next morning Guigui and Taecyeon both goes downstairs to have breakfast.  As they were eating, Taecyeon brings up the favor Yoona had asked him.  He let her know about whom Yoona wanted to work with and Guigui quickly agrees to help.

“Hum, Taec Oppa” Guigui said softly.

“What is it?” Taec asked.

“Well, you see.  Next Friday will be my parents’ memorial and since I haven’t been back for so long,” Guigui said as she pauses for a moment, unsure of how to ask.

Taec looks at her a moment, “I will go with you to visit them.”

“Really, are you sure?” Guigui asked surprised.

“Yeah, I don’t have anything important on Friday, so why not.”

“Omo, thank you oppa!  I was just going to ask you if it is alright if my friends and I use the house later that night after we come back from visiting; but you going along would be even better.”

“Yeah, that wouldn’t be a problem either.  By the way Guigui, what time will we be leaving?”

“Well, I think everybody will arrive around 11:30, so we will leave at noon.”

“Ok, noon it is.  I will go to work for a little bit and come back home early so we can all go visit your parents.”

“Really oppa, you promise!?” Guigui asked excitedly.

“Hm.  I promise!” Taec replied back as he sticks out his pinky to shake with Guigui’s.

After breakfast, they both go separately to work.  After arriving at work, Guigui quickly looks through her contacts list to search for the number.  She calls up Mr. Calvin Chen and asks him for a favor.  Since they had work together plenty of times, he quickly agreed.

“Really, thank you so much.  When are you available to meet her?” Guigui asked.

“Yes, really.  How can I turn you down, when you have helped me so many times; it’ll be my pleasure to help you.  Wow, to have you calling me personally and ask; I feel really honored.   I can’t wait to meet this person of yours; she must be incredible to have you praise her like that.  Have her come by the office tomorrow afternoon.”  Mr. Chen answered.

Guigui quickly hangs up the phone and calls Taecyeon to let him know of the news.  She gives him the address and the name of the person Yoona will be meeting.  They hang up the phone and continue on with their work.  As the days quickly pass by, Yoona began her first job as the new face of the XOXO clothing line brand including the occasional lunch with Taecyeon. 

“How are you enjoying your new job Yoona?” Taec asked.

“Oppa, I love it.  I love their brand too, so I am enjoying every moment of it.”

“That’s good to hear, now come on, let’s hurry back before you are late for the photo shoot.”

“It’s ok oppa don’t worry.  I am the face that they all want, they won’t mind if I am late.”

“Yeah but you have been late for the past 3 days, and you just started 3 days ago; I don’t think they are going to be ok with it if you keep going in late.”

”Oppa, you don’t understand anything.  I am a very hot model right now that they really want, so they won’t do anything.  You worry too much, trust me I know this kind of business industry.  The more you make them wait, the more they want you.”  Yoona answered with a smile.

Taec gives in and wait for her to slowly finish her lunch.  Once she was finish, she wanted to go walk around for a bit while shopping.  Once she was finally finished, Taec took her back to work. 

“Hurry, you are about 2 hours late for your own photo shooting already.” Taec said urgently to her.

She smile and walks into the building as Taec leaves to go back to work.  As Taec is busy wining and dining with Yoona; Guigui is busy with preparing for her parents memorial.    

On the morning of Guigui’s parents memorial, Taecyeon and Guigui gets up and goes downstairs to eat breakfast together.

“You’re not going to work today right Guigui?”

“Nope, I have some more stuff to prepare and Victoria should be here pretty soon so she can help me.”

“Ok, well I will be back before noon,” Taec replied as he gets up from the table and leaves for work.

As Guigui spend her morning with Victoria preparing lunch and everything else, Taec hurries to quickly finish his work.  Taec looks at his watch, noticing that the time was 11:400 am.  He puts his things away into his drawer and leaves.  As he gets half way home his phone rings.

“Hello,” Taec answered.

“Oppa, hurry up and come here.  I need you!” Yoona responded on the phone crying hysterically.

“What’s wrong Yoona?  Is everything alright?” Tae asked concerned about what may have happen.

“I got into a car accident oppa.  Please hurry!  I don’t know what to do!”

Yoona gives Taec her location and he quickly drives there.  Once he had reached where she was, he quickly rushes over to Yoona’s side.  He gave her a kiss on her forehead as he was holding her and asking if she is ok.

“I’m ok oppa, just really scare right now.  Thank you for coming.” Yoona answered.

Taec turns to the other party who was involved in the accident; after talking to them for a while, he apologizes and hands them his business card.  He turns back to Yoona and asked her one more time if she is ok.  She nods her head, but Taec was still worried.

“Let’s go to the hospital to get you check up ok.” Taec asked.

“Oppa, I am ok, I am just shaken up about the accident.”

“Even so, let’s go to the hospital.  You can never be sure.”

Yoona looks at him for a moment, seeing how worried he was for her she agreed.  Taecyeon, forgetting about his promise to Guigui, takes Yoona to the hospital.  Since they were in the hospital, Taec turned off his phone and waited with Yoona in the doctor’s office.

As Taec was tending to Yoona; Jiro, Wu Chun, Xiao Gui, and Aaron had arrived at their house.  They all sit there looking at their watch, waiting for Taec arrived while Guigui tries giving Taec a call.  Each time she calls, it goes straight to voicemail.  Guigui looks at her watch and it was already 1:00 pm.

“Guigui let’s just go, I don’t he is coming!” Xiao Gui answered.

“Yeah Guigui, if he really wanted to go, he would be here by now.” Jiro replied.

After hesitating for a while and listening to her friends telling her to just forget him and go; she finally made up her mind.  “Ok yeah let’s go, I guess it’ll just be us again this year, except this time you will get to actually meet my parents.  Taec is probably busy at work I guess.”

With her friends by her side, they headed out to pay their respect and show their love to her parents.