The Favor

The Way We Used To Be

As Taec arrived at home, he heads up to his room and shower.  Once he was done, he came and lay down on his bed thinking to himself.  “How should I ask her?  Was it a mistake to mention that Guigui knows Jiro and Xiao Gui?  What should I do, is it fair to Guigui if I ask for a favor?”  These questions kept running through Taec’s mind as he lay there.  Finally, he decided that he was just going to ask since he already told Yoona that he will.  He looks at his watch, realizing that it’s time for them to have dinner together and so he goes downstairs.  He sits there and waits for her for a while.  “I wonder what is taking her so long?” he thought to himself.  He pulls out his cellphone and before he could call her; his phone starts ringing.

“Guigui!” Taec answered.  “Where are you, why aren’t you downstairs yet?”

“Sorry Taec, you go ahead and eat.  I am actually still at the office working.  I won’t be back till later ok.” Guigui responded.

Taec hears a guy whispering to Guigui and he immediately felt fluster.  “Who is there with you?”

“Huh?  Oh, it’s Aaron.  We are working late together to try and get everything planned out for the new restaurant.”

“Just you and him?”

“Yeah, of course; who else would it be?” Guigui replied.

Taec, not understanding why but still hating the thought of just the two of them alone, working closely together asked, “So how late are you staying until?  I can wait until you get home so we can eat together.”

“Hm.  I am not sure myself, so you go ahead and eat by yourself tonight.”

“Well, how are you going to get home?  You didn’t take your car today.  Do you want me to wait up and come pick you up later?”

“No it’s ok.  Go to sleep, you must be tired.  Aaron will drop me off when we get done here.”

“Are you sure?  Tomorrow is the weekend so I don’t have to work.  I can come get you later.”

“No, really it’s okay.  I am fine.  Anyways I have to go; Aaron and I still have a lot of things to go over ok.  Bye.”

Before Taec can insist anymore on going to pick her up, she hangs up the phone.  He sits there looking at his phone for a while and then gets up.  He wasn’t in the mood to eat anymore since Guigui wasn’t going to be joining him.  He was half way up to his room when his phone rings.

“Hello,” Taec quickly answered excitedly, thinking that it was Guigui calling him back after changing her mind about him picking her up.

“Taec oppa, what are you doing?” Yoona asked on the other line.

“Oh Yoona, it’s you.” Taec replied feeling disappointed.

“What’s wrong?” Yoona asked.  “You don’t sound too happy about me calling you?”

“Hm. Oh no, that’s not it.  I am just surprise that you are calling me this late, that’s all.  So what is it Yoona?”

“I can’t sleep; you want to go for a night drive?”

“Right now?” Taec asked.

“Yup, right now.  Come pick me up ok.  I will be waiting, you have 20 minutes to get here or else I am going to be mad at you,” Yoona quickly replied and then hung up the phone.

Taec looked at his watch and walked up to his room to grab his keys.  Once he had grabbed them he walks out to his car and gets in.  He drove to her house and picks her up.  As they cruise along the night sky, all Taec could think about was Guigui.  “I wonder what she is doing with him right now.  Are they really working or are they driving around like us right now?”  The more Taec thought about it, the more irritated he felt.  He pulled over to take a deep breath.

“What’s wrong Taec?” Yoona asked while looking at him.  “You seem upset about something?”

Realizing that Yoona is next to him, he replys, “It’s nothing, really.  I was just thinking about work.  That’s all.”

Yoona looks at him closer, seeing if he is lying to her or telling the truth.  A couple of seconds later, she moved back, deciding to believe him.  “Don’t let work get you down.  What is wrong with you, the love of your life is sitting right next to you and yet you are focusing on work?  You’ve changed, you know that oppa.”

Taec smiles at her, trying to reassure her that everything is still the same.  “So, where do you want to go my love.”

“Hm.  Since tomorrow is the weekend, you want to go on a mini trip?” Yoona asked.

“A mini trip?  Where?”

“How about to a spa?” Yoona suggested.

“Hm…ok, a spa it is,” Taec replied back.  “Now, let me take you home, so we can get some rest before going on our mini vacation.”

After dropping off Yoona at home, he returned back to his house.  He walks into the house and sees Guigui sitting at the dining room table, eating alone by herself.  By the way she looks; he could tell that she had recently just returned home.  Her hair was still wet from showering and she is in her pajamas.  He walks over and sits down next to her.  Occupied with eating, she didn’t notice Taecyeon there.

“You want me to eat with you?  You look pretty lonely sitting here eating by yourself.” Taec said to Guigui as he leans in.

Surprise by his voice, she begans to choke on her own food in ; she grabs her glass of water and began to drink it.  After she had finished, she looks up, “YA! Don’t do that, you scared me.”

Taecyeon lets out a laugh, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you like that.”

“Are you just returning home right now?” Guigui asked.

“Hum…Yoona wanted to go for a night drive so.” Taec answered back while trailing off before he finished his sentence.

Noticing that the topic of him being with Yoona was getting uncomfortable to him, Guigui replied, “Oh I am sorry, I didn’t even ask you if you are hungry.  Do you want me to grab you a plate.”

“No, its fine, I will get it myself.” Taec quickly responded and then gets up and got himself a plate.  He came back and sat next to her again. 

As they began eating dinner together and talking about her work, the awkwardness began to fade.  The once comfortable conversations and surrounding that they felt back then was coming back to them again.  Taec sits there smiling at Guigui as they enjoy their dinner together.  Taec thought to himself, “Should I ask her right now for that favor?  This may be the best chance I have to ask her.”

“Hey Guigui,” Taec began.  “I have a favor to ask you.”

“Hm…what is it?” Guigui asked curiously as she swallows her food.

“Well, I was wondering if…” Taec pauses for a moment. 

“If what?  What is it that you need?” Guigui asked as she stares at him.

“Well you see, Yoona can’t find any jobs right now due to the fact that she took a break from modeling.  So, I was wondering….”

“You was wondering if I can help find her some modeling gigs?” Guigui asked, finishing off his sentence before he could.

“Yeah, well sort of.  You see, she really wants to be the main model for your two friends clothing line.  Apparently, they are really famous like you said.” 

Taecyeon stare at her, wondering what kind of reaction she will have and how will she respond.  He was prepared for the worse, he was ready for her to get upset and say no, but instead.

“Sure, I can try to help but…” Guigui answered back with a smile, but before she could finish, Taec interrupted her. 

 “Really, thank you Guigui.” Taec answered back with a big smile while letting out a sign of relief.  He was happy and surprised that his wife was willing to help.

“ Taec wait, let me finish first,” Guigui said to him, finally being able to catch his attention.  “I can ask around for places to hire her as their main model and spokesperson, but about Xiao Gui and Jiro.  It’s a little more difficult, I don’t think I will be able to ask them.

“What do you mean?” Taec responded back confused.

“Well, Xiao Gui and Jiro are really picky people and...” Guigui replied.

“Yeah, but if it is a request coming from you, I am sure they will accept it,” Taec answered back.  “I don’t know why that will be a problem.  Do you not want to help me, is that it?”

“No, it’s not like that.”

“Well, what is it then?”

“They don’t tend to hire people often.  They already have a main model for their clothing line.  The best thing I can do is maybe, and this is a big maybe, have her be one of the background models if she is really serious about modeling for their brand.  Also, Jiro and Xiao Gui are my friends, do you really want your girlfriend to go work for your wife’s friend.  What if they all find out about our marriage?  That will destroy your chance of being happy with Yoona, and I would end up hurting and worrying my friends.  I am sure you and I both don’t want that.”

Taec looks her with a disappointed look on his face, as if he doesn’t believe her reasons as to why she don’t want to help him and yet, it does makes sense.  “So, what do you suggest then?” he asked in a disappointed tone.

“Why don’t you ask her if there are any other popular brands that she is interested in?” Guigui asked.

After thinking about it for awhile, Taec finally nod his head, “Ok, I will ask her tomorrow when we go on our trip.”

“Oh, you’re going on a trip tomorrow with Yoona?” Guigui asked.

“oh yeah, sorry.  I forgot to tell you, we will be going to a spa for the weekend.  So, I guess you will be home be yourself.”

“Oh ok, that’s fine.  I will be going to work with Aaron anyways to finish up on the planning.  Well, have fun,” Guigui said as she smiles at him and then takes her plate to the sink.  She then leaves to go upstairs to her room.