Our Wedding Day

The Way We Used To Be

The day has finally come where Taecyeon and Guigui are going to be joined together in holy matrimony.  Guigui nervously sits in her room with her wedding dress on as the stylists began to work on her make-up and hair.  Tong Tong and Victoria are in there with her as well.  It took about 2 hours for the stylists to finally finish with everything and put on her veil.  Guigui stands up while fidgeting with her hands, “Ok, so?  How do I look?”

Oh my gosh Guigui, you look absolutely stunning,” Tong Tong answered as she looks at her friend.

“Yeah Guigui, you are the most beautiful bride I have ever seen.  Taec is going to be so happy when he sees you in this.” Victoria added.

  “Really, you guys think Taec will like it?” Guigui asked while blushing.

“Of course!  He would be an idiot if he says otherwise,” Victoria and Tong Tong said together.

There is suddenly a knock at the door, Victoria walks over, “Who is it?”

“Open the door Victoria, it’s us.  We want to see how gorgeous Guigui looks!” Jiro answered behind the door.

Victoria unlocks and opens the door for their friends.  Jiro, Xiao Gui, Aaron, and Wu Chun walks in and stares for a long while.

“Stop staring at me like that you guys, you guys are making me feel self-conscious,” Guigui finally said to her friends.

“Sorry, we couldn’t help it.  It’s just that you look so pretty,” Xiao Gui responded to her while smiling. 

“Yeah, we can’t help it.  How many times am I going to get to see my beautiful little girl get marry,” Jiro replied.  “Now Guigui, remember.  If he ever do anything to hurt you, you must tell us ok.  We will beat his for you, got it!”

 Guigui nodded and smiled.  “Thank you guys so much, for always taking care of me and for loving me so unconditionally.  I am so bless to have friends like you guys.”

“No Guigui, thank you.  Thank you for always being so upbeat and cheerful.  Thank you for being you; we are the ones that are truly blessed to have you in our lives.” Aaron said as he takes Guigui’s hand and kisses it.

“Yeah Guigui, what he said,” Xiao Gui and Wu Chun said as they each takes Guigui’s hands and also kisses it.

“So, I guess I won’t be seeing you guys anymore once I get back from my honeymoon huh?” Guigui asked feeling sad and taking in a deep breath.

“What are you talking about Guigui?” Jiro answered.  “We decided to stay for a while longer.  You know what everybody always says, the first year of marriage is always the hardest.  It will either make you or break you; meaning if you and Taec can make it through the first year, then you guys will always remain happy and grow stronger together as a couple.  But if it gets too tough within the first year, you guys will end up breaking up.  So how can we leave you right now, we have to stay here, right by your side for your first year to make sure that he treats you right and that you are happy.  This will be our wedding gift to you, we will stay here and watch over you two.  Besides, just thinking about letting my baby stay here all alone while we all go back to the state is just heartbreaking.  No, I won’t stand for it!  It won't be the same without you there!”

“What about your work?”Guigui asked concern.

“Oh come on Guigui,” Wu Chun interrupted.  “You should know better than anyone, all of us can work from anywhere.  I mean, Victory is an author; she can work wherever she pleases.  As far as Aaron, Jiro, Xiao Gui, and I goes, well, we can work from here with an occasional visit back to the state.  It’s really simple actually.”

“Oh wow really!?  This is the best gift I have ever received, I couldn’t ask for a better present then this,” Guigui said excitedly as she jumps around and claps her hand.

As Guigui and her friends are in her room, Taecyeon and his friends are outside making sure that everything is according to how his father wanted and that Guigui will like the decorations as well. 

“No, Guigui won’t like that.  Get rid of it, she prefers simple.  Move some roses over here too while you guys are at it!” Taec yelled at his friends.

“Geez Taec, what is wrong with you.  If I didn’t know any better, I would say that this marriage is real, instead of a contract marriage,” Wooyoung pouted.

“Yeah Taec, did you forget that this whole thing is just so you can get your inheritance?” Chansung asked.

“Yes I know.  Now shut up and start moving!” Taec replied.

“Somebody’s in love, Taec and Guigui sitting in the tree, K I S S I N G!” Jay repeated himself over and over as he moved the roses to where Taec had suggested.  Taec looked at Jay and decided to ignore him.

Soon, there was a knock at Guigui’s door to inform her that the wedding is starting.  Everybody got out of Guigui’s room and helped her down the stairs.  She walks over to the patio, where the doors were cover.  There she met up with her uncle, the man who was going to give her away.  Jiro, Aaron, Xiao Gui, and Wu Chun hurried to their seats.  The music began to play and her uncle reaches for her hand.

“Guigui, my dear sweet sweet Guigui, you look exquisite,” her uncle whisper to her.  He pauses for a moment, “I am so happy that I can finally fulfill my promise to your parents.  Even if I was to die now, I will be a very happy man.” 

The music starts playing and the bridesmaid and groomsmen began walking down th aisle.

The curtains covering the patio door fell to the ground, making an entrance for her to step out.  Guigui and her uncle slowly walked down the patio stairs and made their way to where Taecyeon were standing.  There was an enormous smile on Taec’s face as he stares at her; thinking to himself how beautiful she looks.

Once Guigui and his father had arrived to where Taec was standing, Taec stepped forward and took hold of Guigui’s hand.  He carefully leads her up to where the preacher was standing.  As the preacher began, everybody watched carefully in awe.  They said their vows and finally the preacher pronounce them man and wife.  Everybody stood up cheering and screaming as Taec and Guigui walks back into the house.  Photographers also took plenty of pictures to capture this sweet moment.   Everybody then follows them inside since the reception was going to be held there as well.  Taecyeon and Guigui took on the first dance.  As they danced, everybody began to join them. 

Nichkun walks up to Victoria and puts out his hand, “May I have this dance, milady.”

Victoria looks up to see him standing there and flashes him a smile, “I don’t even know you, why should I dance with you?”

“Oh I am sorry, where are my manners than.  My name is Nichkun, I am Taecyeon’s best man, and you are Victoria, Guigui’s maid of honor, right.” Nichkun replied to Victoria.  “I think it’s only right if we have at least one dance together, don’t you agree.”

Unable to say no to his charms, Victoria agrees.  They get to the dance floor and starts slow dancing, “So, how long have you known Taecyeon?” Victoria asked him.

“For a very long time; since childhood,” Nichkun answered while smiling sweetly at her.  “But enough about them, tell me about yourself.”

“There’s not much to tell; except I am one of Guigui’s closest friend and if your friend hurts her, I will have to hurt him.” Victoria replied with a sneer. 

“Oh feisty aren’t you,” Nichkun replied with a smirk, “I like it!”

Victoria looks at him stunned and they began to laugh.  “You sure are a weird one, you know that?” Victoria said to Nichkun while still laughing. 

“Taec oppa, I feel like I can’t see anything anymore.  There are too much flashes flashing in my face,” Guigui whisper to Taec.

“They’re just doing their job Guigui.  They are here to take pictures so we can have plenty of memories.”

“I understand that, but why did you hire some many photographers.  We only needed 1, not 20 of them!” Guigui continue to whisper in Taec’s ears while flinching at the flashing light.

Taec laughs at Guigui’s comment.  “Here, rest your head on my shoulder.  The flashes won’t bother your eyes so much then,” Taec responded as he took his hand and pull Guigui’s head down to lean on his shoulder.  “Much better?” he asked her.

Gugui nodded her head and they continue to dance the night away.